Mustang outsells Porsche and Audi in Germany

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Not a surprise. It's exotic over there. When I was a teenager, I had a friend who had just moved over from Germany. He was like German this, German that, blah, blah. We were all car guys so we didn't disagree. We loved German cars and they were amazing. We expected him to get a German car for his first car. You know what he got? A 90 Camaro RS V6. I was like...what? American? It was exotic to him. He was thrilled to own a big American sporty car. Plus they were like $15K new back then. Quite a lot of car for $15K. He wasn't into Mustangs. Frankly, none of us were back then. We like Fox bodies, but we were into imports and the Fox body V8 back then stock was less than impressive.
Exactly. I spent some time in the UK about 10-15 years ago and way back then, it was only the die-hards that were interested in proper British cars. I mean sure, the MG, the Mini, the Stag, TR6 stuff like that is always popular. But second to those, a lot of the folks absolutely dig the American iron. So, for those folks to be able to get their hands on a real piece of Americana is a huge opportunity.

I'd be willing to bet the enthusiasm will die down in a couple years.
Sponsored

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50045

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50078

There is already 2 threads on the first page about this...

If I could afford it, I'd rather have a 911 GTS.
For emphasis. :)

I've had a 911 and a 928S4 in the past. They were nice at the time, but proved to be expensive to run and maintain.

The reason I got my latest Mustang GT was to use it as a daily driver on my 70-80 mile daily commute. So I wanted the fun factor plus something that was reasonable to repair, maintain and modify (if I ever find the time). Perhaps I'm just not representative of the typical sports car purchaser, but I find the more "exotic" cars to get tiresome to own pretty quickly. Give me the power, decent handling, some creature comforts, plus "commodity" parts prices and I'm happy these days.

Glad to see that the new Mustang is making a name for itself in Europe.

Best,

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Funny how the grass is greener on the other side.
I also heard german friends coming over to US buying US cars.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Germany has a new favorite sport coupe

Check this out. Pretty cool that the Mustang has surpassed 911 sales in its home land..wow!

"In Germany, the land of the Autobahn, where speed is regarded as a national right, the best-selling sports car last month wasn't the locally-built Porsche 911. It was the Ford Mustang."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/08/autos/ford-mustang-sales-germany/index.html

[ame]

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Ford sold 780 Mustangs in Germany last month compared to 752 Porsche 911s. While 18 Camaros were sold in March

No Pulp

AV8R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT350 Track Pack
I traded my 996tt for one. Couldn't be happier.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Funny, this mentions using the A5 as a benchmark. I ended up with A5 rentals a few times recently, and commented to a couple of people about how the switchology, flat-bottom steering wheel, and even the general outline reminded me of the GT350. This is before I received my car, but had read just about everything out there. Then, last week I was parked next to an A5 and noticed the interior door panels were very similar. Not a bad model to borrow from.

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
18 Camaro's sold in March.
Even the Germans don't want old style single cam pushrod engine. LOL

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Will they have the California Special for EU market?

I saw the CS 5.0 in silver w/ contrasting black accents today for the first time in person and it looks pretty good for the most part... spoiler looks better than the base one but I am not a bg fan of the wheel style.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I can't really believe it. I am not sure how prices compare in Germany but first and foremost, Mustang doesn't have a lot to do with a sports car. It never was one and never meant to be one.

Why would anyone want it over Cayman for example, I have no clue. I guess it's treated as an exotic car...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
So there's 18 idiots living in Germany? That's what I got from that article.:lol:
Sponsored