Mustang is it limited or not?

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
As per header, is the GT (and indeed the EB) limited at all?

I am asking this as more and more people are reporting that they should be, but they don't seem to be, at least not at the "gentlemen agreement speed of 250 km/h (155mph)"!

These speeds have been measured using various sat navs to confirm "real" speed and not indicated. In my own car, the speedo is 100% correct, ie if i drive at 100 km/h on the speedo, the sat nav showed the exact same speed. Same at various other speeds. Amazing!

My dealer told me he managed 267 km/h (166mph) in his GT manual. But did not hit a limiter....

Someone else I know managed 269 km/h (167mph) in his GT and did not hit a limiter. This was an automatic.

I have myself done 270 km/h (168mph) (at least) in mine and I did hit a limiter. Felt like driving into a wall as the car suddendly would not increase anymore. A bit like other cars i have or had. All i can say is that the GT is incredible capable for building up speed and got there very very quick! Although I can not prove this speed as I have no reason to carry a sat nav with me.....I have since run a second test with my Garmin sat nav in the car to confirm the real speed and "only" reached 264 km/h (164mph) due to traffic.

Please Note: I do NOT recommend anyone to try this and if you do, it is you who make that decision and you who take any and all risks! If you do decide to test your car, please do so where legal.

Pic - please ignore all the other data as it's not relevant.
IMG_1415.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
How did you entered this data?
On the Garmin, start it up, oress map then the speed icon (or eta etc) at the bottom right. Reset. Drive like a maniac and hope nothing happens!

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it has a speed limiter, it should be at 250km/h like BMW, Mercedes etc. Maybe the US guys will be more informative:shrug:

As for EB I don't see a reason for a speed limiter. The top speed officially is only 230 :D

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
If it has a speed limiter, it should be at 250km/h like BMW, Mercedes etc. Maybe the US guys will be more informative:shrug:

As for EB I don't see a reason for a speed limiter. The top speed officially is only 230 :D
I think the brochure states a max speed of 250 km/h but not sure if it says limited or not. My A6 does 267 km/h before the limiter kicks in....my previous F11 535D did exactly 250 km/h with limiter. My 330D before that didn't even have a limiter as previous owner had removed it + tuned the engine to ca 280PS.....crazy doing 270 with more to give!

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I think it's limited on paper ;) and the wall you hit is when the car is really at it's max.

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I think it's limited on paper ;) and the wall you hit is when the car is really at it's max.
Limited on paper i agree with but the car has a bit more to give...i have heard 285 km/h before it really runs out of steem. Absolutely crazy! :headbonk:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Limited on paper i agree with but the car has a bit more to give...i have heard 285 km/h before it really runs out of steem. Absolutely crazy! :headbonk:
Nuts indeed, I wouldn't dare to try and blow up the engine!
I do remember when my dad drove an early 2000's BMW 5 series we tried to hit it's limiter, it was 250 on paper and exactly 250 on the road... was weird hitting it.
Sponsored