SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Peoples Ford Edinburgh have a car on display this weekend. Invitational VIP do tomorrow evening. No mention of which variant.

I'd call before undertaking any length of journey however...

UPDATE: A change of schedule this afternoon meant I was able to make the event. It was fairly quiet; probably less than a dozen attendees in total. First thing of note was I found out why my dealer hadn't been returning my emails - he'd moved from Ford to Audi... Met the guy who'll now be looking after my order. Great attitude towards performance cars and mods, albeit Focus RS', so no bad thing there.

Thoughts...
The car is just immense. I'd seen every colour other than the one I ordered on a lot in Texas but they don't look as special there. They appear a lot smaller in comparison to other vehicles in the US but sitting in a Ford showroom in the UK it looked massive; had a real presence. Pictures just don't do it justice. Guard as a colour is superb. I would have been delighted had I chosen it. And it looked great with the custom pack wheels and (even) chrome. The saddle interior also looks great when you actually see it. It was started briefly on several occasions and tbh it doesn't sound that quiet. It has a nice rumble which was spoiled slightly by the open bonnet. I daresay the effect will pale when a stock car is next to one with aftermarket pipes however, but for day one its more than adequate and will turn heads. Unfortunately being inside they couldn't leave the engine running long enough to get a decent sound clip, but its not like they're not available on the net. The number plate brackets were in the boot so looks like they are fitted by the dealership.
The interior is a little cheap feeling however it looks absolutely fine, the dash is soft and the fake stitching isn't too obvious. The centre console is unfortunately hard plastic and that's where your hand will rest a lot of the time. The inner door panels are nice and soft as is the top of the arm rest/handles but the top of the doors are more of the hard plastic. The "aluminium" dash trim is fairly obviously plastic. Seating position is good if a little high and the steering wheel is again fine if a little thin. No legroom in the back. As I say it all looks great though and I didn't buy the car for the interior.
Got some photos but the positioning of the car beside lots of windows, and it being dark outside, and the rope barrier, and many chairs and desks made it tricky.
All in all it was well worthwhile making the 160 mile round trip. The dealer was happy to spend time answering questions. He stated that price at deposit is the price we pay. Biggest downside was that everyone that turned up either had a delivery date or a more up-to-the-minute build date, apart from me :doh:
20151112_165359_resized.jpg
20151112_165406_resized.jpg
20151112_165421_resized.jpg
20151112_165444_resized.jpg
20151112_174053_resized.jpg
20151112_174016_resized.jpg
20151112_174025_resized.jpg
20151112_174405_resized.jpg
20151112_174413_resized.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Damn!! I'm flying south this weekend :frusty:

Any news of any other dealerships getting a shot?

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Well as someone who ordered there in January and put £3k deposit down I am sure my invite must have got lost in the post / email.

You would have thought it would have been easy enough to ensure you invite the stupid eedjits who have already parted with the cash - oh hang on....they have already parted with the cash there's no need to waste any money on them!

F'n typical of Ford so far.

Unless, of course, my invite arrives tomorrow morning!

Hopefully it's a LHD one anyway :-)

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Well as someone who ordered there in January and put £3k deposit down I am sure my invite must have got lost in the post / email.

You would have thought it would have been easy enough to ensure you invite the stupid eedjits who have already parted with the cash - oh hang on....they have already parted with the cash there's no need to waste any money on them!

Is it likely to be the black one that was in Derby last weekend, do you think? ....

OP
OP
SteveS

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Yeah, don't think I can make tomorrow as I effectively found out about it 90 minutes ago ;)
Was posted first class so likely that was...yesterday.

Be nice to think it was the RHD (if I were to make it down over the weekend) but it could easily be one of the LHDs.

Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Yeah, don't think I can make tomorrow as I effectively found out about it 90 minutes ago ;)
Was posted first class so likely that was...yesterday.

Be nice to think it was the RHD (if I were to make it down over the weekend) but it could easily be one of the LHDs.
They've got some rather hapless attempt underway on their facebook and twitter pages at the moment aimed at building some kind of suspense. I suspect if you check those during the course of Thursday/Friday you'll find out which car it is.

mike.allison

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seat Leon Cupra K1
Pics are up on their facebook page now. RHD GT, Guard with what looks like saddle interior.

Hoping this one makes it's way up to Inverness next week as I am up there for a course. Can't really justify going down to Edinburgh just to look at one of these.

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Pics are up on their facebook page now. RHD GT, Guard with what looks like saddle interior.

Hoping this one makes it's way up to Inverness next week as I am up there for a course. Can't really justify going down to Edinburgh just to look at one of these.
What's their facebook page? Can't find anything under Peoples Ford Edinburgh.

Will let you know if my invite is waiting for me when I get home later :lol:

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
I just put in "Peoples Cars" into the search part of facebook, 1st one that comes up hopefully
Cheers, I just clicked the facebook icon from their website - why didn't I think of that before :headbonk: Oh yeah, I thought I worked for Ford and had to ask everyone for information :crazy:
See the Pony on their page now :-)

Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
no sign of my invite...

And can't find them on fb either! Typical :(

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesCars/

How the hell is that we get literally no info & then they just turn up out of the blue like this. FFS. Someone knows all the ins & outs of Mustangs in the UK but wont tell us :frusty: plenty of photos please for anyone that goes ;)

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesCars/

How the hell is that we get literally no info & then they just turn up out of the blue like this. FFS. Someone knows all the ins & outs of Mustangs in the UK but wont tell us :frusty: plenty of photos please for anyone that goes ;)
Trying to go next Wednesday - trying to confirm that it will still be there. Will try and get some good pics if I get along.

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
thanks for the links folks.

Given that I was told I would be invited to any 'unveiling's' etc. bit cheesed off at this! Was down in Edinburgh yesterday as well...
Sponsored