Sponsored

Mustang in Europe [Update: Ordering begins May 24]

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
So I was just at a Ford dealership here in the UK checking out a Mondeo they had that I was interested in when I thought I'd ask about the upcoming Mustang. I wasn't expecting much given the last time I went to one, they had no idea the Mustang was even coming here...

Anyway, so I asked about pricing and not surprisingly they had no information about it. They mentioned the interior still needing to be finalised but I'm guessing Ford are still deciding the trim levels for customers in the UK and Europe, so again no surprises. Curiously however, the guy stated that pre-order books will be opening in 34 days! When I asked how many cars were allocated to the UK, he said a total of 500 were coming to Europe and the number being allocated to each country would simply depend on the pre-orders. He said demand would be very high so people would need to pre-order asap to secure one. I don't know whether he was exaggerating at this point or not.

It seems strange numbers would be limited here and I dread to think how this would impact prices. Does anyone know how true this might be?
Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
I have no concrete info on this, but don't doubt that it could be true. I would assume that production for the US market would be ramped up first and the limited number might be a result of setting up production for right hand drive, Eurpoean regulations, etc.

Just speculation on my part, but what he says doesn't sound unreasonable in the first year of production. Perhaps later into the model year...or at least by 2016...things should be into full swing.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ford Netherlands announced something similar. May 24th is the date for preordering to be in the first 500 group.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Yea, and ONLY the 24th during the UEFA soccer finals?! Seems to be only 500 Mustangs coming to Europe in this first batch... hmmmm...

Wonder how they'll manage this, online ordering only? (As looking at the countdown the pre-order starts in the afternoon...)

OP
OP
Helios1234

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is this countdown? I can't find anything on the UK site.

DW, found it!

Sponsored

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
https://mustang.ford.eu/#/es-ES

First 500 mustang for Europe, you can order only in UEFA Champions League final, may 24 ¿?

I don't know how they will do the process, no prices no specs and the car for Europe will be for spring 2015...

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Uhm, the UK site says:
"THE FIRST 500 FORD MUSTANGS ARE COMING TO EUROPE FOR THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 24.5.14"

The Spanish site says:
"LLEGAN A EUROPA LOS 500 PRIMEROS FORD MUSTANG. SOLO PODRÁS RESERVAR EL TUYO DURANTE LA FINAL DE LA UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, EL 24/05/14."
which google tells me is...
"EUROPE ARRIVE IN THE FIRST FORD MUSTANG 500. ONLY YOU CAN BOOK YOURS FOR THE END OF THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THE 05/24/14."

Apx. same as the Norwegian thing...
"DE FØRSTE 500 FORD MUSTANGENE KOMMER TIL EUROPA. DU KAN BARE FORHÅNDSBESTILLE UNDER FINALEN I UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 24.05.14."
(which says... "The first 500 Ford Mustangs are coming to Europe. You can only pre-order during the UEFA Champions League finale on the 24th of May 2014")

but I can't see anything about the car not being here until spring 2015!!? Do they expect people to pre-order a car a full year in advance?!

That won't do, I'm not driving this clonker that long!

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
Being from the states I hope to see the Mustang thrive around the world. I hope you guys love the car as much as I do!

Leeky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
My name is down on the pre-order list at my local Ford Dealer. I'm now just waiting for the phonecall from them to say that I need to go back down and place the order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Helios1234

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My name is down on the pre-order list at my local Ford Dealer. I'm now just waiting for the phonecall from them to say that I need to go back down and place the order.
Which dealer is that? I'm in Camberley so not too far but the most local one in Farnborough is just clueless.

Leeky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG
Gowrings in Reading.

There should be some sort of dealer event next month around the time of the big reveal event at the UEFA Champions League Final.

They are going to be contacting me when they have all the details and its probably at this event that they'll be taking the deposits and making orders official.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
just have come back from a 20 day trip to the uk (England, wales, scotland) with my campervan.
just checked the german Ford Website after reading the above
same for Germany
the tell you, that only during the uefa final game Reservations are possible
big countdown in day, hours, minutes till you can make your Reservation
but nearly no info
only 320 to 199 g co2/km
so now we know the will be bringing the v8 (320g) and the eb (199g)
i am going to try to find out more during the next days

but Looks like the are starting the same Thing chevy did in 2011 with the camaro
deliver less than demand is and try to make it Special just by shortage of supply
that is why i have a BMW z4 35i today. they (chevy) acted as if the had the most important car in the world, but were even not able to provide Standard things like satnav, wintertires, Extended warranty-plans or Leasing offers...
all in all sub-Standard in all aspects....
btw: end of 2016 chevy is leaving the european market...

lets hope the mustand Project will be done more professionally

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Gowrings in Reading.

There should be some sort of dealer event next month around the time of the big reveal event at the UEFA Champions League Final.

They are going to be contacting me when they have all the details and its probably at this event that they'll be taking the deposits and making orders official.
Might have to register my interest with them. I'd like to attend the event :)

My guess, the first 500 in europe will be LHD, even for the UK.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
OMFG 199 grams?

so much for my dream car :(
Sponsored