Sponsored

Mustang imfamous p0300 p0308

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
So I've got code p0300 for random misfire. Also came on with p0308. I cleared them and I had to drive on the highway and my light would flashing fir a few seconds then turn off did this like 3 or 4 times. Seemed like it did it when I really hit the gas. But when I got off the highway and really hit the gas it all seemed fine. But when I turn the car off and on the engine light is back on solid. So I checked it it also has a p0306 code. I should also note that before these codes popped up the first time my check engine light came on I scanned it for p0171 system to lean bank 1 p0420 and p0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (420 bank 1)(430 bank 2). Please anybody that can help with any input I have a pretty good live data scanner to help diagnose but nit sure where to start. Was thinking I had a broken imcr and thinking bout starting there but idk
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
So I've got code p0300 for random misfire. Also came on with p0308. I cleared them and I had to drive on the highway and my light would flashing fir a few seconds then turn off did this like 3 or 4 times. Seemed like it did it when I really hit the gas. But when I got off the highway and really hit the gas it all seemed fine. But when I turn the car off and on the engine light is back on solid. So I checked it it also has a p0306 code. I should also note that before these codes popped up the first time my check engine light came on I scanned it for p0171 system to lean bank 1 p0420 and p0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (420 bank 1)(430 bank 2). Please anybody that can help with any input I have a pretty good live data scanner to help diagnose but nit sure where to start. Was thinking I had a broken imcr and thinking bout starting there but idk

Is the car OEM or any mods?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have you pulled the spark plugs to also check their condition?

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any recent modifications or upgrades done to the vehicle? When would you say this started and how long as it been going on?

First iitems I would check are good connections to the battery and then pull and check spark plugs, ensuring proper gap.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Broken IMRC runner shaft

Sponsored

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
stock, modified, fuel? need more details..... and a compression gauge.

OP
OP

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Any recent modifications or upgrades done to the vehicle? When would you say this started and how long as it been going on?

First iitems I would check are good connections to the battery and then pull and check spark plugs, ensuring proper gap.
Well I installed a 2 step but that's about it. I didn't even use it a whole lot. Took it back off after check engine light. Car has 44k miles. I have not checked the spark plugs yet. Was kinda thinking it was intake runner but idk if it would cause all these codes. I got subwoofers in the back. And I let my battery die so that pesky battery light has been stuck on for a month now.

OP
OP

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
stock, modified, fuel? need more details..... and a compression gauge.
Ya everything's stock. Just a muffler delete. and cosmetic mods. So check and make sure I have good compression?

OP
OP

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
This. Same happened to me
Is there anyway I can test them like live data watching air flow and making the scanner open and close runner and see what it does. I believe i seen a video like that?

Sponsored

1slowStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0
I'm sure you could but not sure on the steps on how to do that. I manually moved mine and the one busted was jammed up and wouldn't actuate.

OP
OP

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
I'm sure you could but not sure on the steps on how to do that. I manually moved mine and the one busted was jammed up and wouldn't actuate.
Okay I see. Well I'm buying upgraded injectors upgraded plugs and coils. And a 2018+ intake. I want to make it to automotion on may 18 in a little over a week. Do u think I could get a tune in time? Cause I'll need one with the 2018 intake

1slowStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0
I don't see why not. I'd get the ball rolling on that tune.

JiggyFly999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
took my 2017 to the dealer 3 times with those errors all to no help. Took it to another dealer who took the manifold off and found the broken link for the runner inside the manifold.

OP
OP

Thats550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
took my 2017 to the dealer 3 times with those errors all to no help. Took it to another dealer who took the manifold off and found the broken link for the runner inside the manifold.
Okay yes I'm going to get thw parts today. Qhat do u guys recommend for tune. Never tuned before so im assuming I'll need the tuning device? What do u guys think about the e85 vs flex tune.
Sponsored