Sponsored

Mustang Ecoboost Check Engine Light

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
I took my car in with a CAI and they didnt care, I'm getting a larger intercooler and my service adviser said that was fine too. I think where the problem will be is if my was was tuned or if I get a down pipe which they might say something
Sponsored

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Anyone have this problem and take the car in with an intake?

BAMCIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Okay took my car back to the dealer of course they were unaware of the fix. Thanks to this site my car is getting reprogrammed but just a curious question does anyone else have an issue with the power steering I'm not sure if living in Vegas in this heat may cause the power steering to give especially on tighter turns. Anyone else have this issue. Thanks

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Okay took my car back to the dealer of course they were unaware of the fix. Thanks to this site my car is getting reprogrammed but just a curious question does anyone else have an issue with the power steering I'm not sure if living in Vegas in this heat may cause the power steering to give especially on tighter turns. Anyone else have this issue. Thanks
no

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
Took my car in after the 4th round of CELs. They reprogrammed it and cleared the code. All good so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
spdracer50

spdracer50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP
Hi everyone,

After starting this thread several months ago, I wanted to give everyone an update. Ford has purchased my vehicle back. :headbang:

I'm glad to hear that there is now a fix but, after all the issues that I had with this car, I felt that it was not worth keeping. Towards the end ,I could feel a power loss in the car that a simple software update could not fix.

The best of luck to all of you ecoboost owners. I encourage you all to keep your service records and to keep track of all your repairs. Don't be bullied into keeping a car that you know is inherently bad!

Good bye for now!:amen:

Zuul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP Premium
I'm having this same issue now. Have almost 5k on the car and everytime I clear the codes it will come back..car was tuned but it's been back to stock for awhile now. Do you believe the dealer will give me a problem or mention I had a tune ?

Mugwumpus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 6-speed
Just hit with P0300 late last week, 1600 miles on my EBP 6MT 'Vert. Made service appointment though I am nervous as the Service Manager seemed clueless when I booked the appointment as where I live they sell mostly F150's and Fusions and the like.

Zuul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP Premium
My cars been in the shop twice for random p0300 codes. Dropped the car off last night and got a call telling me today there was a tsb and it will take care of the issue. So I will be finding out soon if it works or not

Mugwumpus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just finished a Twitter conversation with Ford Service, got a Case# and awaiting word from the assigned CSM.

Question: for folks getting the CEL P0300, what octane rating have most been using? Just curious.

Sponsored

Mugwumpus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSB 15-0097 performed yesterday at dealer after engaging Ford Service/CSM, so instead of waiting two weeks (what dealer told me at first) to get my EB in for the PCM update I waited four hours. Tweet @Ford Service if you want action as the Regional CSM was on the dealer immediately to get me in and get it taken care of as evidenced by the dealer Service Director being the one to personally call me, have me bring it in ASAP, and have the update performed and get my EB back to me in hours.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Well, I started having the check engine light on yesterday after work. 5,900 miles and it just started. I have an appointment on Monday to take it in. I can't wait for Ford to take this Lemon back and get my 2016 GT Premium!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mugwumpus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PonyGrrrl, are you trying to use the Lemon Law here or are you just going to trade the EB for a GT?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
TSB 15-0097 performed yesterday at dealer after engaging Ford Service/CSM, so instead of waiting two weeks (what dealer told me at first) to get my EB in for the PCM update I waited four hours. Tweet @Ford Service if you want action as the Regional CSM was on the dealer immediately to get me in and get it taken care of as evidenced by the dealer Service Director being the one to personally call me, have me bring it in ASAP, and have the update performed and get my EB back to me in hours.
This has to be a record. :thumbsup:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
PonyGrrrl, are you trying to use the Lemon Law here or are you just going to trade the EB for a GT?

I won my Lemon Law claim and Ford is replacing my EB, I choose the GT as a replacement instead of another EB.

I chose the GT for several reasons. The EB depreciation was a lot more than the GT in the first year, the EB depreciation was over 12k compared to 10k on a GT with the same specs. I'm really hating the sound of the turbo engine and I don't trust the engine to be reliable for the long term. Since Ford is offsetting a portion of the price difference going with a more expensive model and getting back all of the payments and interest I've made on the EB, I'm looking at the payments remaining the same so it's a no brainier to get a GT.

The check engine light is no longer on and I cancelled my service appointment, I have better things to do than waste time at the dealership. I'm going to be going by the dealership to see the 16s they have on the lot to see if the build quality has improved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored