Sponsored

MRT Interceptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
This is the best sounding exhaust for the S550 I've heard yet (only based on video clips) but I have not heard much about them, and want to see if anyone here owns them, has owned them, or has at least heard them in person.

MRT also now sells a variant of the Inceptor with the DMS (Drone Management System) which sounds kind of gimmicky. Based on the clips I've heard of that version it sounds like a completely different catback; too raspy for my tastes.

Any thoughts on the Interceptor, or MRT in general? I'm just not as familiar with them as other brands.

Interceptor (without DMS).
[ame]

Interceptor (with DMS)
[ame]

And if anyone can point me in the direction of similarly deep exhausts (although not too loud, and that don't drone much, if at all) that would help quite a bit. Previously I was looking at the Magnaflow Competition or Street, but the Comp seems like it would be too loud and the Street too quiet.
Sponsored

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
I have the system and developed the drone management portion with MRT on my car. It sounds great and I get compliments all the time. Exhaust tone shouldn't be any different between the systems. If you enjoy the tone essentially ARH is the other option that sounds similar to the MRT system. I met up with a gentleman with the ARH and the MRT is a good bit louder in my opinion.

In short, you're looking for a system that has an H-pipe.

Traon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If you aren't looking for loud then that system sounds good. I prefer the one with DMS but thats just my opinion. H pipe makes a difference also. I have the Roush with H pipe and love it though it is much louder than the system you posted. Here is a link to my exhaust build but you will have to forward to the end to listen to the cold start up. The video has the stock system with how I installed the aftermarket

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I have the system and developed the drone management portion with MRT on my car. It sounds great and I get compliments all the time. Exhaust tone shouldn't be any different between the systems. If you enjoy the tone essentially ARH is the other option that sounds similar to the MRT system. I met up with a gentleman with the ARH and the MRT is a good bit louder in my opinion.

In short, you're looking for a system that has an H-pipe.
I definitely want an H-pipe system; only X-pipe I'm seriously considering at this point is the FRPP Touring because that seems to have relatively deep tone (for an X-pipe), not too loud, and no drone

I'm looking for a satisfying low-toned burble at idle and lower RPMs. The ARH also fits the bill but actually thought it would be louder than the MRT. I'll look into that one more, thanks for the suggestion.

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
I definitely want an H-pipe system; only X-pipe I'm seriously considering at this point is the FRPP Touring because that seems to have relatively deep tone (for an X-pipe), not too loud, and no drone

I'm looking for a satisfying low-toned burble at idle and lower RPMs. The ARH also fits the bill but actually thought it would be louder than the MRT. I'll look into that one more, thanks for the suggestion.
No problem. Can't go wrong with either, myself and the gentleman who had the ARH concluded the MRT was louder. Best of luck in your search!
Sponsored