Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
I know it varies car to car but how come everyone seems to love mpt and a small hand full aren't liking the mpt like myself
Sponsored

jayrx7trbo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Metallic V6 Auto
I know it varies car to car but how come everyone seems to love mpt and a small hand full aren't liking the mpt like myself
Larry, i havent bought a tune yet but from reading the threads it seems the ones that dont like the mpt or other tunes are the people having a issue of some kind. Ive also read from a few that had both with no issues that they preferred mpt & it felt like it had more power.. ive been torn between unleashed and mpt myself but after emailing both i like the responses i got from MPT better. When/if i pull the trigger i will try mpt.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
So I sent my data log to MPT and it was determined that nothing was wrong despite having that rough idle captured. I physically felt the rough idle while data logging. To annoy me even more the next day the rough idle was gone. It seems like a really random thing. If it happens again I'll go back to stock and see what happens from there. Maybe worse come to worse and I'll try unleashed tunes.
Quick question does it do it with the A/C on? I have a SCTx4 preloader 93 tune and when I'm at a stop light I get a rough idle when I feel the A/C kick on then off.

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Larry, i havent bought a tune yet but from reading the threads it seems the ones that dont like the mpt or other tunes are the people having a issue of some kind. Ive also read from a few that had both with no issues that they preferred mpt & it felt like it had more power.. ive been torn between unleashed and mpt myself but after emailing both i like the responses i got from MPT better. When/if i pull the trigger i will try mpt.
Gathering information here and there and I've noticed alot of the auto owners are loving there mpt tune as for manual owners like myself the driveability on the tune isn't great it's to harsh and in my opinion 11.8 wot afr is too rich our cars are NA not FI. I don't understand how many say 11.8 is ideal which to me isn't. My unleashed tune and dyno tune were in the 12s afr wot but as for mpt it's in the 11.8 and I have serious backfire and gas mileage gone up.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I think it has to do with what is expected from the tune . It took me over a year to pull the trigger on one and talking with other mustang owners that has used them all even dyno tuned owners. after I was able to get over the info overload I went with MPT. there name just keep coming up in the V6 Cyclone 3.7 cars it appears they they are the go to guys for all the 11 to 14 3.7 cars so I just wanted the car to feel more like a mustang and I have very little for mods cold air intake and the GT exhaust swap that's it, I got three from them the any octane performance one , 93 PR-X Eco one and the 93 PR-X one I have tried the two 93 ones and of them I like the PR-X when I step on the gas she now wants to get up and go, Had the wife drive it after I loaded the tune and put 300 miles on it my self and she said that the car now wants to run like a pony. This form a girl that knows even less than I do about cars. so what I was expecting and what you were expecting could be worlds apart. my auto chirps the tires shifting to second gear now if I am on it hard and it even put a smile on my face when I was running highway speed and went to pass a car when it down shifted and chirped the tires then

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Quick question does it do it with the A/C on? I have a SCTx4 preloader 93 tune and when I'm at a stop light I get a rough idle when I feel the A/C kick on then off.
I had the A/C on when it happened the second time. I'm not sure about the first time since it has been over two weeks now. So a possible reason for the rough idle is the A/C? I felt the A/C kick on when I first start it and after that nothing seems out of place. Maybe it is just normal wear and tear. All is normal so far with stock.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I had the A/C on when it happened the second time. I'm not sure about the first time since it has been over two weeks now. So a possible reason for the rough idle is the A/C? I felt the A/C kick on when I first start it and after that nothing seems out of place. Maybe it is just normal wear and tear. All is normal so far with stock.
Keep driving on the stock tune for a while to give the issue enough time to come back (if it even comes back). If everything continues to be normal and the problem does not reoccur then you've just answered your own question. BTW running A/C is not going to cause a rough idle (Ford would have lawsuits coming out the woodwork if that were the case). It doesn't do it on the stock tune and definitely should not do it on the aftermarket tune. In a nutshell if all continues to be well with your stock tune it's logically safe to say it's your aftermarket tune.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I think it has to do with what is expected from the tune . It took me over a year to pull the trigger on one and talking with other mustang owners that has used them all even dyno tuned owners. after I was able to get over the info overload I went with MPT. there name just keep coming up in the V6 Cyclone 3.7 cars it appears they they are the go to guys for all the 11 to 14 3.7 cars so I just wanted the car to feel more like a mustang and I have very little for mods cold air intake and the GT exhaust swap that's it, I got three from them the any octane performance one , 93 PR-X Eco one and the 93 PR-X one I have tried the two 93 ones and of them I like the PR-X when I step on the gas she now wants to get up and go, Had the wife drive it after I loaded the tune and put 300 miles on it my self and she said that the car now wants to run like a pony. This form a girl that knows even less than I do about cars. so what I was expecting and what you were expecting could be worlds apart. my auto chirps the tires shifting to second gear now if I am on it hard and it even put a smile on my face when I was running highway speed and went to pass a car when it down shifted and chirped the tires then
Mark, Watch down shifting your auto if your chirping the tires on a down shift it putting a strain on the drivetrain. I only paddle shift in S my car never see's D and I up shift and down shift. I only down shift 5th to 3rd

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
2016 Auto V6 running MPT Pro-X/PR-X 87-89 tune and its working great for me,I also added the PedalCommander and its a blast to drive,I live out in the country so it's mostly in drive but when I get to town I'll stop and drop into Sport and it makes running the city streets a blast,I tried the paddle shifting for a bit yesterday and if I'm not racing there is no need to because sport does just fine,I did end up putting it back in drive to to be a bit more mello being I'm what ya call a aggressive driver for the most part,my milage went down to 22.9 in town for average but on the highway in cruse on flat road it averaged 32.7-34.2" depending if going uphill or down,if too hilly I don't use cruse..
The MPT tune seems to be doing just fine for my driving style,the lower gear shifts are a bit sharper but they smooth out as speed increases and slowing down is fine(paddle shifting is a different cat all together),unless I'm going to race there is no need to use sport and paddles just the sport mode will get the fun started.
Before I put the MPT tune in it was a different car when using sport mode or sport mode and paddles,it been awakened now and I'm happy with it and the only way I can see it being funner is supercharging it or put a KB on it,we all have different driving styles and I believe that has a lot to do with weather certain tunes work or not but anyway I'm a Happy MPT tune owner,now if I can just find the right mufflers.

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
2016 Auto V6 running MPT Pro-X/PR-X 87-89 tune and its working great for me,I also added the PedalCommander and its a blast to drive,I live out in the country so it's mostly in drive but when I get to town I'll stop and drop into Sport and it makes running the city streets a blast,I tried the paddle shifting for a bit yesterday and if I'm not racing there is no need to because sport does just fine,I did end up putting it back in drive to to be a bit more mello being I'm what ya call a aggressive driver for the most part,my milage went down to 22.9 in town for average but on the highway in cruse on flat road it averaged 32.7-34.2" depending if going uphill or down,if too hilly I don't use cruse..
The MPT tune seems to be doing just fine for my driving style,the lower gear shifts are a bit sharper but they smooth out as speed increases and slowing down is fine(paddle shifting is a different cat all together),unless I'm going to race there is no need to use sport and paddles just the sport mode will get the fun started.
Before I put the MPT tune in it was a different car when using sport mode or sport mode and paddles,it been awakened now and I'm happy with it and the only way I can see it being funner is supercharging it or put a KB on it,we all have different driving styles and I believe that has a lot to do with weather certain tunes work or not but anyway I'm a Happy MPT tune owner,now if I can just find the right mufflers.
Another auto transmission/owner happy... still no reviews on manual

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
USMC-V6 I don't down shift it I get the chirp when it shifts from first to second when I am on it hard

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Well today was interesting. I now know that it wasn't the tune. Today going home as I was about to get on the on ramp to the highway and the check engine went on and I lost power to the wheels. The car would turn on but pushing the gas would produce nothing, no increase in rpm (limp mode?). It didn't even move when you set it to drive and let the car roll by itself. After turning off the car and waiting for a while, I started the engine and power to the wheels came back but shortly after would loose the drive again. Luckily my dad was nearby and after a few restarts we manged to limp home. The dealer in my area has no lot where we can drop the car off. So tomorrow I'll be taking the car to the dealer and see what they say. Luckily I went back to stock so hopefully everything goes okay. Kinda bummed out now.

Edit: I forgot to add that before loosing drive the car started to misfire.

Last edited:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Well today was interesting. I now know that it wasn't the tune. Today going home as I was about to get on the on ramp to the highway and the check engine went on and I lost power to the wheels. The car would turn on but pushing the gas would produce nothing, no increase in rpm (limp mode?). It didn't even move when you set it to drive and let the car roll by itself. After turning off the car and waiting for a while, I started the engine and power to the wheels came back but shortly after would loose the drive again. Luckily my dad was nearby and after a few restarts we manged to limp home. The dealer in my area has no lot where we can drop the car off. So tomorrow I'll be taking the car to the dealer and see what they say. Luckily I went back to stock so hopefully everything goes okay. Kinda bummed out now.

Sounds like the TB problem that ford is having on the cars they are prob going to tell you they need to replace it

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)

Good job, you did the right thing. Let us know what the problem turned out to be. FWIW: If it does turn out to be a TB the datalog still should have easily captured that.

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
Sounds like the TB problem that ford is having on the cars they are prob going to tell you they need to replace it
I've read this is when folks will buy the BBK TB so they don't have to worry about the replacement doing the same thing(which it has),I know if mine goes bad I'm going BBK right away but untill then I'll save my money for something else I don't need.
Sponsored