MPT Tune Officially out

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
Guys ,

I am planning to gets tunes from MPT which one you recommend. I am thinking to get below
1) 87 Eco (gas saver)
2) 87 Performance
3) 93 pr-x

Which tune will be having high output ?

I always though higher octane higher power gains. Please do correct me if I am wrong
Sponsored

JRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
You got it, the higher octane tune will have more aggressive spark timing. More power.

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
I got the pro x 87-89
The pro x 91
Think the 3rd is performance std shift.
I would have to look to be sure but I'm happy with 87-89 pro x for now.

It's just the basic one CJpony has for 70-80 bucks,resonator delete h pipe,I don't need anything fancy. I just got it so I have no opinion yet,I'll run it with stock mufflers,I should have a review or opinion on it tomorrow afternoon,waiting for my sons friend to get his truck out of my shop/garage,it's like pulling teeth hahaha so I can back it in and install it...

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Hey guys can I ask one more question on the tune please ? after you flashed your system how long did it take to get the ready for test to change from not ready to ready ? what I mean is if you did a codes check if you had codes you would see them if you had no codes you would see no codes and then ready or not ready ?

ranger56528

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Race Red. Black 95 GTS. 98 Red base v6.
CEL would show up then you would need to check code/s and delete if you load a tune and nothing shows up your good to go BUT you could show no codes after download and then start driving and maybe get a CEL.......I had nothing and still have nothing after my download,runs great.

Sponsored

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
the sct dose that on its own when you go to program the car right ? that what they said in the manual. I did not try to play with any of the settings on it just added the tune and let it be the shifts are a little firmer but probably would like them just a little more but still better than stock.

the reason I asked is while in the learning pross my air/fuel would jump to 20.0 at stop and then come back to the 13.9 14.2 when driving but it only happened once and it has now stayed at those numbers. how do you like your 93 prx tune ? I have two others from them to try out also the 93 PRX ECO and the any grade tune with just the trans programed
Mark, I don't know about the MPT tuner. When I first got my SCTx4 I had to plug it into the ECU and down load my stock program before going to my computer and down loading the 93 tunes then plug into the ECU and program the 93 tune into the ECU. Your air/fuel ratio is right on the money and when letting off the gas it will jump up to 20.0 this is normal. I don't know if the MPT tuner is preset I just know I can go to my SCTx4 menu and change the setting for RPM's from idle to redline and shifting firmness from factory to +25%. If there's anything else I can help you with please feel free to ask.
Richard

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Dude, you're overthinking it. These cars come with dual widebands from the factory, so if there's an issue with AFR, you'll get a CEL right away.

Injectors shutoff if you're coasting or decelerating in gear with your foot off the accelerator. Does the same thing stock.

Your SCT automatically saves stock file. Don't sweat it.
Unlike most of us he never worked on cars before and probably going to have a 1000 question.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Sorry for being a pest guys I'll tune it down or even turn it off

jayrx7trbo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Metallic V6 Auto
Ita all good everyone, ive worked on most my own cars but honestly, Tuners throw me for a loop a bit, never had to deal with them before, Ive been sitting back & mostly reading with only a few comments. Im Right on the edge of ordering one but Im torn between that & re-gearing my car, it has the 3.15 rear, its nice, good power & fuel but I want 3.55's... maybe tune then gears down the road :-)

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Well that rough idling came back today. I noticed that my vacuum pressure would go from 13psi to 20psi. Once it goes to 20 the rpm goes down to 500rpm and the vacuum pressure goes down to 13psi. Then it would slowly go back up to 20psi. Anyone have any insight on what could be causing this? It has only happened twice in a span of 2 weeks since I installed the MPT 93prx.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Well that rough idling came back today. I noticed that my vacuum pressure would go from 13psi to 20psi. Once it goes to 20 the rpm goes down to 500rpm and the vacuum pressure goes down to 13psi. Then it would slowly go back up to 20psi. Anyone have any insight on what could be causing this? It has only happened twice in a span of 2 weeks since I installed the MPT 93prx.
Send a datalog to MPT so they can help you iron it out. There is no need to be shooting in the dark and replacing parts that may not need to be replaced.

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush

Vaccum is in Hg not Psi. As far as I know Psi is only when boosted which is not the case with our NA engines.

I run on factory stock and I notice vacuum dipping to 20 in Hg when coasting without any throttle input in any gear. On WOT it being hovering around 13-14 in Hg

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Anyone have the mpt 93 pxr tune with manual transmission ? If yes do you feel like the car is too jumpy and too harsh on downshift? I sent a datalog to mpt and they didn't change nothing they said everything seems ok

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Next time I take a drive I'll do the data logging.

I couldn't quite remember what the vaccum pressure was measured in so I just defaulted to psi. I am around 20in-hg when I coast. But at wot and I punch it down hard I am at 0in-hg and when not so hard anywhere from 6 to 8in-hg while accelerating. When I cruise my vaccum pressure 13 to 14in-hg.
Sponsored