Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
Just hit reply on that email where you received your tune and ask for whatever changes you want.
well i guess before i go off the deep end should I even change it? I really do enjoy the tune. I just don't want to end up with a broken transmission.
Sponsored

JRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The longer you drive on a tune, the better the shifting will be. They give the transmission a target pressure to complete the shift, then the transmission must determine how much electrical current is required via the shift solenoids to achieve these targets. This requires quite a bit of shifting on the transmissions part to properly learn these new targets. So, while they say 30 miles as a good rule of thumb, certain vehicles take a bit longer.

Increased firmness is actually better for your transmission as it prevents slipping and frictional wear on the internal clutches and bands. It also keeps trans fluid temps lower, which in turn reduces oxidation and degradation of the transmission fluid.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I don't even know what shift firmness is to be honest. Saw a video on it and I can't really tell what it is or how it feels. Is it the jerk forward when you shift up manually?

Last edited:

SquillyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang V6
anyone else find that their downshifting is a little hard? sometimes when coming to a stop it'll down shift hard enough I hear a metal clank. Any way to make downshifting softer? i don't want the transmission to fall out.
U could get them to change the downshifting back to stock 3-1 downshift. With the tune it comes with the 3-2-2-1 downshift. I got a tune with the stock downshift cause I didn't like it either

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
The longer you drive on a tune, the better the shifting will be. They give the transmission a target pressure to complete the shift, then the transmission must determine how much electrical current is required via the shift solenoids to achieve these targets. This requires quite a bit of shifting on the transmissions part to properly learn these new targets. So, while they say 30 miles as a good rule of thumb, certain vehicles take a bit longer.

Increased firmness is actually better for your transmission as it prevents slipping and frictional wear on the internal clutches and bands. It also keeps trans fluid temtsps lower, which in turn reduces oxidation and degradation of the transmission fluid.
With my tuner I can go into the menu and increase the shifting firmness from factory to +25%, which I'm running it at +25% 1st thru 5th it shifts nice when paddle shifting which is the only shifting I do, it shifts very firm under high RPM's. I only down shift 5th thur 3rd, down shifting to 2nd will throw you foreward locking the chest belt. I've been running my auto transmission and paddle shifting for 7500 miles with no problums.

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Weird thing happened today. I was idling at a red light and suddenly the car shook and the rpm went below 500. Then the car went back to normal 750tpm. Happened twice on the same trip. Not sure if it is the 93prx or something else. Anyone else experience this?

93prx is the only change I've done aside from stock gt exhaust.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Weird thing happened today. I was idling at a red light and suddenly the car shook and the rpm went below 500. Then the car went back to normal 750tpm. Happened twice on the same trip. Not sure if it is the 93prx or something else. Anyone else experience this?

93prx is the only change I've done aside from stock gt exhaust.

Do you still have the stock TB ? if so check for codes ford is having trouble with the stock TB failing and are replacing them as cars are going to the dealers with the TB codes

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Do you still have the stock TB ? if so check for codes ford is having trouble with the stock TB failing and are replacing them as cars are going to the dealers with the TB codes
I have the stock TB and I checked to see if any codes popped up in the SCT and it said there are none. I had some errands and drove around for a while and nothing happened. I went and read some instances of people having similar problems and for most it was the throttle body. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. If it happens a couple of more times I'll go buy the BBK TB.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Ok crew I just ordered my SCT X4 from CJ Pony parts have no decided on a tune yet what I mean is bama unleash or MPT I have the V6 051A vert , only mods are the GT exhaust swap , cold air intake from AiRaid the closed box one with see through top and a JLT catch can 3.0 do you think MPT can do anything for me or should I go to the others? I have just over 9k on my car

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Ok crew I just ordered my SCT X4 from CJ Pony parts have no decided on a tune yet what I mean is bama unleash or MPT I have the V6 051A vert , only mods are the GT exhaust swap , cold air intake from AiRaid the closed box one with see through top and a JLT catch can 3.0 do you think MPT can do anything for me or should I go to the others? I have just over 9k on my car
I thought one could buy the sctx4 from MPT and it came with the tune .

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
right you could get it from them but had gift card so used it to get it
that's why I am asking who to go with you guys that have had all three of them are who I am trying to get to and what tune or tunes did you get please help this old guy do the right thing

Thanks

jayrx7trbo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Metallic V6 Auto
Hopefully MPT can answer this.....My Question in refernece to the shift hardness or rather issue mentioned. If i have they leave my current shift setting how much would that really affect the over all hp/torque gains?? I mean, in sport mode my car will chirp 2nd already when the tires are cold....

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Hey guys my Sct X4 from CJ Pony Parts will be here tomorrow I am now looking into custom tunes and whould like to hear from you which ones are best. I know a lot of you have done the two step on all the tunes so let me hear from you Bama, Unleashed, MPT, Lund ? I do not have a lot of extra money so if I can hear from all of you that have already done this it would be great
Thanks
Mark

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Ive tried bama, unleashed and mpt. Mpt hands down. They know their 3.7s..
Sponsored