Sponsored

Mpg display correction/adjustment? AFE Bias

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
Has any one tried adjusting the "AFE Bias" screen under the engineering test mode, to correct for inaccurate mpg reporting by the fuel economy screen? My car has, from day one, overestimated mpg by 1~1.5mpg over manual tank to tank calculations.

See: [ame]

The AFE Bias default value is 1000, and is adjustable up or down by using the left and right arrow steering wheel menu buttons. Has anyone used these? How does adjusting the number impact reported MPG? Do numbers greater than 1000 increase or reduce the reported MPG?
Sponsored

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I adjusted mine and I think I ended up at 951 before it was accurate within a tenth. Mine around around 1.5 mpg too high as well. I never tried to increase the bias so I cannot speak for that but I would assume it would increase the rate at which it was overstated.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Yes it can be adjusted to fix the MPG calculation there is a thread buried here somewhere for fixing it.

Basically you multiply your hand calculated MPG by the AFE bias (1000 if it hasn't been modified) and then divide that number by the display MPG and input that number into the AFE bias.

It works better if you can average actual and calculated over more than one tank of fuel.

OP
OP
Carzzi

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! This is great info. I track mpg via Fuelly.com & can run long term correction for lifetime tankfuls. One of the trip odo's un-reset since purchase.

This would mean that if the computer over-reports mpg, you'd correct with a number below 1000.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I used Fuelly in the past with previous gas sipping cars, but stopped caring when I got the Mustang, lol. It's really a great tracking website for sure. Most MPG dashboard readings are off by 1-2 mpg in favor of better numbers after doing the math on a tank fill up in my previous experiences.

OP
OP
Carzzi

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21584]Zelek[/MENTION] Oh hello, fellow Austin area Stanger!
Sponsored