Sponsored

Motor seized - what would you put in?

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
I had a similar issue and went with the Aluminator short block. That would let you use other funds on fuel system, headers, additional cooling, etc.
Sponsored

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Aluminator seems to be the way to go if you're not trying to boost to crazy levels and keep it reliable.

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
In Memoriam: The Heart of a 2015 Mustang GT

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the retirement of a truly remarkable engine, a spirited 5.0-liter V8 that valiantly powered a 2015 Ford Mustang GT for 98,000 miles. This engine, not just a mere assembly of metal and machinery, was a loyal companion to its driver, sharing a bond formed on the asphalt of adventure and the heat of competition.

Born in the assembly lines with a roar that promised excitement, this engine found its true calling on the Autocross circuits and closed road courses. Throughout its impressive career, it competed in 135 Autocross events and revved through 34 intense road course track days. Each event was not merely a display of power and speed but a testament to its enduring tenacity and the unyielding spirit of its breed.

The roar of this V8 was more than just sound; it was a call to freedom, a battle cry on the tracks where it outperformed and outlasted expectations. Even as the miles accumulated, each turn and straight was met with unabated enthusiasm, embodying the very essence of what it means to be part of the Mustang legacy.

As we bid farewell to this remarkable engine, let us not dwell on its silence but rather celebrate the legacy of exhilaration and joy it brought to its companions. Its journey stands as a tribute to the enduring qualities of performance and durability that Mustangs are known for. The roads will be less thrilling without its thunder, but the tracks will forever echo its fierce spirit.

Rest in power, dear friend. Your legacy will charge through our memories, fueling stories of glory and passion for generations to come.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
How bad would it be to drop a low mile Voodoo and Temec into a GT? Is that asking for trouble or a really smart move?
If you are going to continue auto x and track at the same rate the VooDoo won't last as long as your original.

A voodoo in a GT would be cool if you have the money for repairs. Ford did a ton of things to negate vibrations in the GT350 and that car still has some issues when tracked.

I'd go aluminator or rebuild the current engine with better parts.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Get a Gen3 block (and oil pan to add capacity), build it out to your specs with ARP hardware, pistons and rods of your choice. Massage the Gen2 heads you have, get a fuel cell in the trunk to negate the fuel starvation issues you hate on-track, and have another 100k miles of fun. For what you do, an Aluminator short-block may accomplish the same thing with a lot less down time waiting on parts and machining. Either of the above scenarios would work very well and be as budget friendly as can be considering doing it "right" you're looking at $10-$12k no matter what.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
A voodoo short block but with a predator crank swapped in would be cool. No way Iā€™d try to swap to a fpc in a coyote.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
A voodoo short block but with a predator crank swapped in would be cool. No way Iā€™d try to swap to a fpc in a coyote.
Isn't this basically what the Aluminator 5.2XS short block is?

Or is it... just a Predator short block?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I would drop $6k on the aluminator shortblock and button up with your topend and the rest of the accessories. I would also do the Predator pan and oil pump along with a few other small upgrades in the valvetrain.
This but with GT350 heads.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I would drop $6k on the aluminator shortblock and button up with your topend and the rest of the accessories. I would also do the Predator pan and oil pump along with a few other small upgrades in the valvetrain.
thisā€¦times eleventy!

OP
OP
NightmareMoon

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Dang man, two runs only and you still got a top 5?! Seems like a proper send off to that motor!
Yeah it died doing what it loved. Put down a good run with power but was rod knocking as we exited the finish chute. I'll take the 5th. Any trophy finish in the Spokes X class feels like a win.

Looks like I might get to codrive a 911 next event, which will be fun.

I appreciate the advice on the aluminator shortblock + gen 2 heads.
Sponsored