Mishimoto Induction Hose with K&N filter vs Airaid No Tune Intake

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
This mishimoto tube and K&N filter is what I will be running. I already have the filter.
Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I thought about running this setup but ended up with an Airaid no tune intake. Right now I'm running it without the lid, and to be honest the heat soak in traffic sucks, but it goes down very fast once you start moving so it doesn't really matter. Once you start cruising temps are only 8 above ambient and eventually go down to only 4 above which is awesome.

I haven't really noticed any loss of torque down low, although I'm sure it's happened. Up top I feel like the car pulls harder than it did with the OE intake, especially after 4k.

With the lid on on the Airaid the heat soak isn't nearly as bad (very similar to stock intake actually). However to me though it's still better than stock (in my opinion). So I'll be keeping it until I decide to buy a tune and get a tune-only intake. Just my 2c having the Airaid vs stock box.

In summary.

Stock Box - Good temps feels restrictive
Airaid With Lid - Good temps feels less restrictive
Airaid Without Lid - Bad Heat Soak, good temps at cruise, least restrictive

OP
OP

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Show me the independent dyno sheets and data. Butt dyno doesn't count. I'm not disagreeing as I too prefer stock intake setups but bring some data to the table please.
I have one but different day different temps, however one is with E85 vs 93 Octane. The Mishimoto Tube and K&N filter put down 404 whp and 375 lbft with 93 octane, Airaid intake with E85 the car put down 395 whp and 365 lbft on the same dyno. I may not be taking advantage of the E85 due to 93 Octane already commending 30 degrees of timing on top, or maybe the injectors are maxing out. But the car even on Lund Flex tune, is really happy with the Mishi Tube and K&N filter.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Are you talking about the airaid intake tube only or the cold air intake ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=9698]Sasuketr[/MENTION] I too felt the increase in mid range torque with the tube last night, immediately after the swap. It definitely kept them spinning more on initial pulls and spun instead of chirped on the next shift. Looking forward to a dyno run soon, but the guy I bought the tube from also dynoed at 403 whp with tune, mishimoto tube, panel filter, and catback. Not on a dyno jet either.
Sponsored