Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Late last year, I ordered these From MAP
http://www.maperformance.com/produc...lug-ford-mazda-multiple-fitments-ngk-6510-set.

The weather was shit and the car was running amazingly well so I put them on the shelf and forgot about them.

A few days ago, the weather was beautiful and I had some time to kill so I put them in. got the car warmed up and headed for my closest stretch of unlimited autobahn.

At about 120 kph (~75mph) I let it rip in 4th and boom- misfires so bad I thought I blew the engine, I let off the gas but everything is fine, no lights and cobb Ap is showing a knock count of just 1. I accelerate slowly to 160kph in 5th and everything is fine. I get into boost again and the misfire comes back.

I get to my other apartment in Frankfurt, wait for the car to cool down a bit and rip out the NGKs and put the Ford stock plugs back in, then head out to the Autobahn once again.

Full boost in 4th gear from 3500 rpm to Redline and it is flawless. As I start to slow down a Porche Boxter S sees me, thinks I'm out for a play and rides up ass, 4th again WOT to 6500, 5th, wot to redline, Now I'm at ~230 ish kph and the Boxter is far behind me, probably contemplating a second mortgage to get a 911.

Did I just get a bad set of plugs? I have never had it happen to me before but I guess it's possible.

Any thoughts on what else it could be?
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I would make sure they did not send u platinum plugs by accident, platinum plugs dont go well with boost.Also how was the gap?.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I would make sure they did not send u platinum plugs by accident, platinum plugs dont go well with boost.Also how was the gap?.
They are definitely iridium.
I don't have a gauge on me but I'll try to find one. They are supposed to be pre gaped so I didn't check it. Might be a good starting place. Thanks

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Big debate over iridium plugs,depends on boost level and heat range.Sounds like u were experiencing a little detonation,so i would not use those plugs again. Copper core are great for boosted apps but have to be changed more frequently.
Sponsored