Sponsored

Mis-shift & possible damage?

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
aftermarket shifter definitely would have a less vague better feel and shifting accuracy
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I your rpm went way over redline, you went in 3rd and can possibly damage the engine. I've seen bent valves due to mis-shifts.
Lock out is only when the syncros can't match the input and output shaft speed difference. It won't lock out a mis-shift unless there is some kind of rpm and gear related solenoids in the shift gate.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I your rpm went way over redline, you went in 3rd and can possibly damage the engine. I've seen bent valves due to mis-shifts.
Lock out is only when the syncros can't match the input and output shaft speed difference. It won't lock out a mis-shift unless there is some kind of rpm and gear related solenoids in the shift gate.
Right, but if he bent something he would know it right away. He says it runs fine, so it probably is fine, don't you think?

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Right, but if he bent something he would know it right away. He says it runs fine, so it probably is fine, don't you think?
If its not making any unpleasant noise or generating CEL it should be fine. OP should celebrate by getting MGW shifter. :thumbsup:
Sponsored