Military Auto SOurce Front Plate

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
For anyone who has gotten a car through Military Auto Source with Europe delivery, were the front plates mounted when you picked up your car in Bremerhaven? and/or when the car was delivered to you?

Hoping to avoid the dreaded "dealer drilled bumper".

Thank you
Sponsored

Zenkem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP GT Mustang
Mine were mounted by the delivery center here in K-town...

Zenkem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP GT Mustang
I had the guy mount mine but I think he wouldn't have if I would have said something...

Sponsored

Rob08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For anyone who has gotten a car through Military Auto Source with Europe delivery, were the front plates mounted when you picked up your car in Bremerhaven? and/or when the car was delivered to you?

Hoping to avoid the dreaded "dealer drilled bumper".

Thank you
I ordered mine through MAS (in Italy) and since they are your actual "dealer" in Europe - make sure you keep in contact with your sales rep and that he knows your preference(s). For further reassurance, you can call your MAS delivery "manager" who is listed under the contact information when tracking your order on their website. You can make sure that he/she is aware of your preference(s) and that they are annotated as necessary. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

OP
OP

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thanks guys! Good info, sounds like as long as I request and clarify what I want it will work out fine. Plan is to get the sto and go for European plates from CJ Pony and have it in hand when I go to pick up.

Hey Rob, did u pick up in Bremerhaven and drive down to Italy? I'm curious how hectic the Bremerhaven port is.

Rob08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks guys! Good info, sounds like as long as I request and clarify what I want it will work out fine. Plan is to get the sto and go for European plates from CJ Pony and have it in hand when I go to pick up.

Hey Rob, did u pick up in Bremerhaven and drive down to Italy? I'm curious how hectic the Bremerhaven port is.
I actually have not taken delivery as of yet. I am getting ready to PCS back to the States - so I am taking delivery near Atlanta on 22 March (1 week away)! I have been in constant contact though with the sales rep and delivery manager to make sure that no front license plate bracket is installed and no dealer stickers (which you wont have to worry about).

Sousuke666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Metallic 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang
I purchased mine from MAS (recently, like 1 month ago pick up) but I got mine shipped to the local area because it was on summer tires and I didn't want to risk the drive in winter. I told them specifically in an email I do not want holes drilled in the bumper, I have a aftermarket mount that I will use. They made a note for me and when my car came the plate mount was left in the trunk. I would not have accepted the car if they did "damage" the vehicle after informing them not to. Make sure it is in an email for proof it was sent and they said they would not do it.

Also some places will not let you drive out with the plate in the dash, so make sure you have your aftermarket mount and all the tools to install it before you drive it. I had no issues though. I went to the base then installed the mount, etc.
Sponsored