Sponsored

Military Auto Source Deal(possibility)

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
I have been in work with my Military Auto Source (MAS) rep and am trying to work out a deal for the Shelby GT350. He has told me that (MAS) will get 31 2016 Shelby GT350 allocations. There is no word yet if these will be allocations for custom orders or dealer builds. There is no word yet if the allocations will be assigned to different bases or by a lottery. He has asked for a deposit of up to 10K and for preapproval for financing. This would be for a deal to get one at less than MSRP. I have signed up for the possiblility at great cost and am obligated to tie up 10K until it has been determined wheather I can get one through them or not. Getting one of these seems like it will be very difficult. Getting one through a regular dealer at MSRP seems to be ver difficult also. Are there any others of you out there trying to get one through MAS and if so what is your experience?
Sponsored

Stratnumberone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I got this from my MAS rep yesterday -

"As per my last email there are no solid numbers in terms of what we will be getting, anything you are reading online is purely rumour at this time."

The other guy in the office said that 30 or 31 seemed like a possible number but nothing confirmed yet. As for the $10k down, I had no mention of that from them. They told me that $300 down would be enough to create an order and keep me 'in the system' until they know what they are getting and how the cars will be allocated. The rep here said that it will almost certainly be a lottery. He also said that, in his experience, Bagram gets a good percentage of the allocation as it is in an op theatre.

I didn't ask about cars being ordered to my own spec. I assume that this will be possible.

Good luck!

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems like different reps are saying different things. I don't like that.

deathmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I spoke to my rep and he said that for any "special edition" vehicle MAS always does a lottery to see who gets the rights to purchase. Though he did say there is a little bit of a workaround, but it depends on if your rep is one of the top sellers and what your rank is. Didn't hear anything about the number allocated though.

And I agree with Strat, the $10k down sounds a little weird to me - $300 is all it should take to be able to make a deposit and stay in the system.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No money has changed hands yet but I don't mind putting down a big deposit if I get one of the allocations. I am prepared to put down quite a bit more than 10k. I just want to get the car and do so without paying an ADM. MAS is one way to avoid an ADM but there is not much consistency between reps and you have to get lucky.

Sponsored

2L8IWON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have been working with my guy since January on the GT350.

The FACTS are this:

- They (MAS) have NO IDEA on anything, other than the car is coming out
- Most salesmen are basing the lottery system on the way MAS handles other limited allocation cars.

My salesman stated that if the lottery system goes into effect for the GT350 (sounds like a likely outcome) then salesmen will be given notice from HQ.
- Salesmen have 30days to get all interested parties to provide; $1k deposit and a promisary note from their lender stating financing is available
- This gets the prospective buyer into the "lottery"

Anything contrary to this is conjecture at this time. I don't know what your rank is, but let us not forget that while MAS does us (Service members) a service by providing coveted vehicles void of bullshit mark ups, they also know how to work the Military.

Again, I don't know you, but to hear of such a outlandish requirement from your Salesman, for something that isn't even available yet leads me to believe one of two things; 1.) He doesn't think you're a serious buyer 2.) He's a dishonest fuck.

I would go back to the MAS office when your guy isn't working and ask the same question about the GT350. Or have a buddy go in, and see what they are told.

Jesse

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tip. I will continue to keep working on it. Trying to get a shelby is proving to be a difficult and very frustrating ordeal.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Thanks for the tip. I will continue to keep working on it. Trying to get a shelby is proving to be a difficult and very frustrating ordeal.
Did your MSRP deal fall thru?

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. It stands for now but working on back up plans just in case.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am frustrated because I am making such a big effort and tying up time and money on something that doesn't even officially exist. So much speculation and waiting and if and maybe and not yets. The GT gets buffs such as the turn signal hood and over the top stripes and black roof. Most morons on the road will have trouble distinguishing a GT from a GT350 now. I really want the car but I got frustrated today when nothing on the order guide came out for the GT350. I waited for May 11th like Christmas and woke up to find nothing for me under the tree but little Johnny next door for upgrades for his 2016 mistang GT :(

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I am frustrated because I am making such a big effort and tying up time and money on something that doesn't even officially exist. So much speculation and waiting and if and maybe and not yets. The GT gets buffs such as the turn signal hood and over the top stripes and black roof. Most morons on the road will have trouble distinguishing a GT from a GT350 now. I really want the car but I got frustrated today when nothing on the order guide came out for the GT350. I waited for May 11th like Christmas and woke up to find nothing for me under the tree but little Johnny next door for upgrades for his 2016 mistang GT :(

Is this a serious post?

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am upset over nothing because that is exactly what people know about the Shelby GT350 pretty much nothing! It is like watching a TV show about Bigfoot or Aliens. Pictures here and there some obscure specs but no order guide yet, no real performance numbers, no price etc... As far as the 2016 order guide goes the Shelby GT350 doesn't exist.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Has Ford ever stated that on May 11th Ordering Specs would be out???

Ahhh NO and even our Customer Rep stepped in and warned--mid June boys and girls.

I don't mean to be harsh--but this is NOT new--same story in 00/01 as to the Bullitt and 02/03 with the Mach 1....etc all the way up to 2011 with the Boss 302 program.

OP
OP

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Ford ever stated that on May 11th Ordering Specs would be out???

Ahhh NO and even our Customer Rep stepped in and warned--mid June boys and girls.

I don't mean to be harsh--but this is NOT new--same story in 00/01 as to the Bullitt and 02/03 with the Mach 1....etc all the way up to 2011 with the Boss 302 program.
I don't believe in the speculation anymore. Ford has said little to nothing about the car so who cares. The Shelby GT350 is just like Bigfoot, Area 51 Aliens, The Lochness Monster, The Chupa Cabra, Unicorns, Fairies etc... until it shows up on the Ford website with the official order guide. All this speculation is just :frusty:
Sponsored