Sponsored

MFP posted this about the new vmp manifold...

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I think some people are missing the point. When Cervini copies a design, it says Cervini on it. When SVE or AMR make Ford look-a-like wheels, they don't say Ford on them. I wouldn't have much of a problem with any of this if the manifold only said VMP on it. But the fact that it says its from a name-brand company and isn't, is the problem. They are no better than those people who sell fake Brembo's and fake spark plugs.
I agree somewhat, but it's more clouded than that. If MFP was the sole distributor for VMP and VMP was sourcing (at least the design) of a fix/upgraded manifold through them, it's hard to believe than VMP would try to produce it out of China (secretly) and use their name (without permission). As someone pointed out, it may be as simple as a Chinese knock off mistake (which the examples you used happen all the time, they literally can't read English so they foul up the packaging/labeling which makes it obvious). OR, it could be that this is the tail end of some business deal gone sideways.

Who knows, but I agree with you, if MFP "NEVER" agreed to allowing their name on a product not made by them, then VMP is way outta line.

I think everyone is jumping on the VMP sucks bandwagon here and we don't know ALL the story. It seems like they were in bed together and now they aren't. What happened in between isn't apparent to most of us.

But yes, IF they used MFP's name without any sort of permission (at any point) it's pretty lowball.
Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
VMP is remaining silent on social media because their lawyers have advised them to.
The truth will eventually come out.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
"This is all they do! Roush cut ties with them for violations of their agreement on products ripped from Roush’s design team."

Saw that comment from someone on the MFP facebook page.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
He is not remaining silent on it, he is doing damage control. He made a statement about it on his personal FB profile. Probably to avoid even more major brand damage for VMP.
629308EA-40F7-4D10-8A00-693667F8767F.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ_whippleS550

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
He is not remaining silent on it, he is doing damage control. He made a statement about it on his personal FB profile. Probably to avoid even more major brand damage for VMP.
629308EA-40F7-4D10-8A00-693667F8767F.jpeg
Maybe I’m confused. How do you work tirelessly to design something that was already designed by someone else.

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
Maybe I’m confused. How do you work tirelessly to design something that was already designed by someone else.
More importantly, if the product is canceled, what does that mean for those that purchased it???? This is fucking irritating!

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm sure there's work in it but it's work on someone else's design. I think the people who already own the lower don't have anything to worry about unless there's a problem with it and VMP can't warranty/sell a replacement. Probably a bigger problem for resale or secondary owners.

Looks like VMP is going to just release an Odin kit for Gen1/2's to move on from this. They probably know they can't win a court case or they think it's too much of a money gamble to fight it. It's cheaper to take it off market and either redesign (Not really) or just use the Odin for everything.

I don't believe in Karma but it's kind of a worlds align thing. VMP sends the cease and desist and notice of intent for the Patent to the 1320junkie turds and then MFP drops the hammer. I'm sure MFP's process was already in the works but it's pretty hilarious none the less.

Last edited:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Wrong on so many levels.

VMP abused its relationship with them, promoted a narrative, sold cheap parts out of tolerance, cut them out of their own design, etc.

Patents are expensive and difficult to defend. VMP sent someone else's product overseas to be reverse engineered. Lowest of the low.

They put MFT on it so people would think incorrectly it was quality.

They found a supplier that did not keep tolerances within spec, and apparently dont even check them themselves.

A few things to say about this...

1) It's not the only product that people have ripped off from MFP. Do some digging, poor Aussie company makes unique and innovative stuff and others ripoff their ideas.
2) If MFP isn't willing to secure a patent, then it's fair game. If they can't secure a patent, it's fair game (i.e. if they can't get legal ruling their idea or product is unique enough to get a patent).
3) If you think making stuff in China is bad, open a book, take a basic economics class. Cheaper goods and services are beneficial to everyone, vs limited benefits to protected sectors. The money someone saved on buying something made elsewhere (cheaper) allow them to buy MORE stuff and that churn is overall beneficial to Americans, it's what helps to elevate our standard of living.
4) I don't think it's sleazy for VMP to find a cheaper source for a non-patented item, I do however think it's sleazy to use MFP's name if it's truly without consent. If you're going to knockoff someone's product, at least have the decency not to represent their name in it. If you're going to knock something off, just be open and honest about it being a knockoff.
5) Cheaper isn't ALWAYS better. If in fact it's true that the knockoff source is failing to adhere to manufacturing specifications and tolerances to the point of detrimental effects. (this could simply be counter marketing from MFP, as I'm sure the market itself would get the word out if people were truly blowing up their motors from using this knockoff).
6) Sometimes you get what you pay for.

No one bitches when a company makes a wing or body part that looks like the overpriced stuff direct from OEM. No one even bats an eye when a wheel maker takes an OEM wheel and makes them in the SAME style, dimensions, etc and sells them for cheaper. Same with everything from seats to suspension components to any non-patented/protected assembly or part. If it works and it costs less, the only thing you're giving up is the name brand value. But that's the rub, IF IT WORKS.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wrong on so many levels.

VMP abused its relationship with them, promoted a narrative, sold cheap parts out of tolerance, cut them out of their own design, etc.

Patents are expensive and difficult to defend. VMP sent someone else's product overseas to be reverse engineered. Lowest of the low.

They put MFT on it so people would think incorrectly it was quality.

They found a supplier that did not keep tolerances within spec, and apparently dont even check them themselves.
You know all this how?

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
What was this product for specifically? Upgraded lower to an existing blower or a lower that came with a blower kit? Pardon my ignorance.

OP
OP
AZ_whippleS550

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
What was this product for specifically? Upgraded lower to an existing blower or a lower that came with a blower kit? Pardon my ignorance.
It replaced the Roush lower manifold in their non Odin kits

OP
OP
AZ_whippleS550

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Not sure on port size but I'd imagine so but yeah the intercooler is larger or at least it doesn't have that overhang that the Roush manifold had

RS30061

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush RS3 auto
I didn’t even know an upgraded manifold/cooler core over the Roush kit design existed.... I haven’t seen anything on their site about it. My RS3 has a Gen3 on it now, VMP never mentioned it.
Sponsored