papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Another review, from La Gazzetta dello Sport, an italian daily sports newspaper:

Sponsored

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Personally I think this looks terrible. The whole insert should be one color, including the diffusor. Easily fixed with Plastidip though.

I like the diffuser done in two colours. Suppose different folks have different opinions and as you said plastidip will change it easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
So the test drive for journalists was not limited to 4-5-6 of May.. they continue until today and probably will continue in the next days!

bkapust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Ruby Red
So the test drive for journalists was not limited to 4-5-6 of May.. they continue until today and probably will continue in the next days!
Test drive is kind of limited - each group gets car for short drive, first group was from GE, UK, FR, IT etc. People from Poland ar in second.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
yeah a short summary would be good :-D

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
yeah a short summary would be good :-D
I would say (I'm biased obviously), that it's one of the best reviews I have read. Some highlights:

- They absolutely love the shifter. Tougher, but very precise, mechanical feel. Excactly what you want from a car like that. They say they have not driven a car with such a good shifting for a long time.
- The EB has a softer, but not delayed throttle response very little turbo lag, for a car that heavy it is very lively. The GT is very entertaining, with a strong pull from the bottom of the rev range and sound coming not only from the exhaust but under the bonnet as well.
- They compare the EB sound to the Subaru WRX STi, just a bit louder. They say that the GT sound is spectacular, but the EB sound is a very pleasant surprise.
- They love the fact that none of the cars have the stupid start-stop system
- The convertible body is not so good, but the fastback turns surprisingly sharp. The convertible also has a lot of wind going in, so they finally drove with the roof on.
- They were surprised how well it deals with road holes. Though the suspension is tough, it is very comfortable and will be great for long rides

The overall conlusion is that Ford did a car that is hard to beat at this and even more expensive price range. They compare the car to the BMW M3 E92 and are very excited about it.

They also love the versatility "Want a good drift and lots of fun? No problem! Want a fast ride on a twisty road? Here you go! Have a long journey? No problem, the car is cultivated, no noise from the wheels or undercarriage, you travel just like driving a Focus with a great soundtrack".

So that's about it. Overall very positive :)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your summary, I'm having a hard times trying to read it, and google translate is almost useless in these cases :D

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Thanks for your summary, I'm having a hard times trying to read it, and google translate is almos useless in these cases :D
Do not worry about that, here in Czech we mostly don't understand each other :D Our language is next-to-chinese level complicated...

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU