UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Round up :

There were plenty of nice reviews, youtube clips and comments on the new mustang.

Users have been complaining about body alignments (guess it will be better on EU cars if they wanna succeed in the long end overhere). We'll all have to look closely at delivery.

We all know the interior will still be American (that's what we are buying by the way, an 'american' icon)

For he price I'm not expecting BMW or Audi finishing, if I was looking for it I would have bought the 55th Audi in my village...

It won't be perfect but the exclusivity, the line, the sound (with the right exhaust on the ecoboost), the power, the looks makes it a winner...at least for me.:first:

Convinced there a couple out there sharing that spirit...:cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
@UNtamed67: I'm completely with you!
We are all here because we want "a slice of 'Murica" as another user said.. with all its pro and con.
All the UK reviews I read are a bit critics; instead others, especially the italian one, are really enthusiast and got the Mustang spirit :)

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
European manufacturers are afraid of the Stang. *mad scientist laugh*

It may not have Audi or BMW finishes, but even Audis or BMW that cost 35k, do not have Audi or BMW finishes. The true finishes cost >50k. (does not apply to NL, Norway or DK, they should get gold cars for the price ^^)
I was considering buying a Seat Leon Cupra, then I saw the Mustang add. European never again. My family car will be an F150, even though I won't be able to park it anywhere.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
European manufacturers are afraid of the Stang. *mad scientist laugh*

It may not have Audi or BMW finishes, but even Audis or BMW that cost 35k, do not have Audi or BMW finishes.
My same thought. Moreover, I've never liked Audi or BMW sports car.. obviously regarding models with human reachable price.

My family car will be an F150, even though I won't be able to park it anywhere.
:lol::lol::lol:
BTW, is the F150 officially sold in Europe?

Sponsored

bkapust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Ruby Red
My same thought. Moreover, I've never liked Audi or BMW sports car..
I do not know how it looks in Italy (or any other coutry) but in Poland Audi/BMW/Merc pisses me off with pricing policy. They advertise base car for resonable price - but in base car you get nothing. No led, no lether, no auto dual-zone climat control etc. You just get base car with nothing but a seats, stearing weel and engine ;) And options cost sick money. I mean realy sick money. Even 10 times more what You pay for the same option in "non-premium" car. After adding options You will pay duble base car price.

That is why like Mustang. You just pick engine, color and You ready to go. You have everything You need in base car :)

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I shouldn't post my point of view after so much wine.

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Papi, I highly doubt the F150 is sold in Eu. We have the Ranger here. I'll import it.
Check out Ford Atlas concept while you're at it.

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I shouldn't post my point of view after so much wine.
Mate I quite enjoyed that pissy rant :lol:

Mainstream media really don't know anything, and it really bothers me that they have jobs that should otherwise involve a lot of passion for cars and driving. Not sure how some of these reviews can miss the point by so much.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I see, it's not officially sold in EU.
However here in Italy it's the same, I always had Alfa Romeo (3 so far) and base models barely have the wheels.. I always got used cars so price drop significantly.
TBH even the base Mustang in US have very few equipment: no pony projector lights, no ambient lighting, no turning signals on wing mirrors.. but it started at less than 24k USD!

My Alfa Romeo GT (1.9L JTD) in 2007 was sold for 32k EUR but the one I bought, with 1-year life, was 20K..

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot who originally said something along the lines of,

Opinions are like a-holes. Everyone's got one and everyones else's stinks.
Let me refresh your memory!

[ame]

:amen:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
German TV show GRIP did a test Mustang GT vs BMW M4 last night. According to their test with "Fast & Furious Fans" (looks like they were some random people from the street) the M4 is a more iconic car than the Mustang :headbonk:

But most of us know, which companies are sponsoring this tests.

Still waiting until someone finally tests the Mustang GT against car of the same price range, and not cars $20k+ above it. Drive it on track against Golf 7 GTI or the normal Audi TT and then they can tell me, what is more fun to drive for the money

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
The Audi TT quatro 2.0 TDI here it is @56000.
That's the price I saw on an expo car outside a cafe. There was a 3.0 Touareg in front of it... CHEAPER!!

Also the BMW M is more iconic than the Mustang because the test was made in Germany. 80% of Germany never even saw a Mustang(Romania is over 99% I bet ^^)
Make a world wide survey, when you say Mustang or M3(4 is a stupid excuse to charge more money for the same shit. The 3 coupe was ok, but how could they increase the cost? Make another series) which car represents power and racing more?
I am not bashing M. They have amazing cars and engines and I love the Alpinas, but then again I wouldn't pay 56000 for an M235i nor 130+ for an M6. Those are for die hard fans.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
They can say all sort of things: cheap materials, poor performance, bad construction.. but they can't say that the Mustang it's not the most iconic car of all times! Especially for non -US people :)
Sponsored