Sponsored

MCA, X-Plan PIN, membership cards, or..? What?

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Ok, so I registered for the Mustang Club of America on Feb 7.

Am I supposed to get a membership card in the mail or something? The https://www.fordpartner.com seems to imply so given what's described under "View Acceptable Documentation" if I try to generate a PIN.

Also, does the MCA issue me a PIN? Or am I supposed to generate my own?

I haven't received anything other than having my membership confirmation link in email, and the billing acknowledgement from paypal.

What am I missing here? I wanna finally get off my ass and order this car!
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
1) Login to that Ford partners link using "mc405."

2) Follow the links to generate your pin. It's all done on that site.

3) Present that pin to your dealer. You can just print it out.

4) If they ask for proof, MCA will send you a member card in about 2-3 weeks upon your sign up.

*the pin generated is automatically linked to MCA by using that "mc405" login code. The MCA card just shows that you're an active member that's eligible to use that pin generated on the Ford partners site.

OP
OP

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Gotcha - thanks! I appreciate the clarification.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
My dealer never asked me for proof of my MCA membership... PIN was all they needed.

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
you can print it out from online, theres another thread on this thats how I got mine

Sponsored

DeepImpactBlue2015EB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium & '13 Kia Optima
I was 30 days into having my membership when technically you need a 60 day membership before you can use X-plan. The sales manager said it was ok and let me use my pin.

skeys2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver Ecoboost Premium
I was 30 days into having my membership when technically you need a 60 day membership before you can use X-plan. The sales manager said it was ok and let me use my pin.
Has anyone else used the X-Plan right after joining MCA?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
He doesn't know how it works then. :) A membership needs to have an effective minimum period of 60 days in order to be eligible, so by purchasing an MCA (or EAA) membership, you're getting a full one year membership that is immediately eligible.
Has anyone else used the X-Plan right after joining MCA?
A lot of us here did. I did. I literally joined the hour prior to my appointment to pick up my car and sign the paperwork.

My dealer did ask for proof of eligibility per Ford's request, which they said was actually unusual. I had to wait for the card to come in the mail.

skeys2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver Ecoboost Premium
Thx, OppoLock. You were able to pick up your car on the appointment and then when the membership card came in you had to give them a copy?

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I did the same thing as oppolock but I took the receipt with me where I paid for the year. They looked at it and said ok we are good. Computer took the pin and I was good to go.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thx, OppoLock. You were able to pick up your car on the appointment and then when the membership card came in you had to give them a copy?
Yep! I had my pin printed out and took the advice of some members on here and printed out a screen cap of my MCA account info showing that it was active and mine. Ford actually kicked that back and said they required better proof, so I had to wait for my actual member card to ship in. The dealer said that was an unusual requirement.

I did the same thing as oppolock but I took the receipt with me where I paid for the year. They looked at it and said ok we are good. Computer took the pin and I was good to go.
This is a good idea if you're planning on finalizing the sale prior to getting your MCA card in the mail. Would have saved me a minor headache.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
In my search for a dealer to purchase from, I found the X-Plan price was a starting point to negotiate from. I emailed 6 or 7 dealers, told them I had X-Plan but was looking for a better price than X-Plan. Most said the X-Plan was the best they could do, but one dealer beat the X-Plan price considerably (and this dealer was closest to where we live). I have seen other members be successful with this approach too.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I got my car about 2 weeks after joining MCA and getting my pin. Dealer didn't ask to see card. I took my receipt for joining MCA just in case, but they didn't ask for it. As far as they were concerned, if I had the pin, it was valid.
Sponsored