Sponsored

MBRP exhaust install

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
I am going to install this tomorrow morning, I watched the install video and it looks very straight forward ... then I remembered I own a convertible.

What are the differences? Any extra tools needed because of vert?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
First you need to remove the vert bracing. Pay attention to where the screws go.
You will need to put them back carefully to prevent crossthreading.

Other than that it is almost the same as the coupe. The difference is the pipes are bent different and should be fit close to the body. Get them up as high as you can without making them touch. And dont use any sealers to prevent leaks. That stuff is like glue and won't allow adjustments, as me how I know.......

Good Luck

OP
OP

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
Just got it installed, holy shit it is loud. You were right , biggest issue was the way the pipes were bent. Other than that it was a simple on /off.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Ha Ha Ha

Loud huh? Well that is how it starts out. its different and you are sensitive to it.
It should mellow out a bit as you drive it more. One thing to know though is if you have an automatic it will be loud at around town speeds in normal drive mode. That's because the trans wants to shift up to 5th or 6th as soon as possible. That is sure to lug the engine a lot. That lugging is annoying as heck with a loud exhaust.

OP
OP

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
Loud enough to have complimentary ear plugs/headphones in the glovebox. It's manual so I can regulate the sound a bit around town.

Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey Carlos... Hopefully you have no exhaust rub, went through three design with MBRP, a lot of on/off to try and make it work but was never successful. Remove and went with Magnaflow system and it fit like a glove first time... Good luck...

OP
OP

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
Hey Carlos... Hopefully you have no exhaust rub, went through three design with MBRP, a lot of on/off to try and make it work but was never successful. Remove and went with Magnaflow system and it fit like a glove first time... Good luck...
Took a about a quarter of the time to adjust, rubbing was a no issue but one of the tips had a tighter opening, this made making it match the other was a pain the ass.
Sponsored