Sponsored

May have dinged my bumper

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So I go to park my car this evening, and I do a pretty good parallel parking job on an icy street, nothing special...

And it's not a particularly tight fit, plenty of room between me and the car behind me...

Except when I'm pulling in I bump the car in front of me. And I'm like; dude, no way. There's PLENTY of room between me and the car in front of me. Except, after I'm done parking, I get out and look at the car in front of me and see...

This motherf***ing a**hole has a goddamned trailer hitch sticking eight inches out of the back of his car!!! What kind of lunatic does that while street parking in NYC???

For like a half a second I thought of slashing his tires or smashing in his windshield with a crowbar, but I resisted the urge. But, seriously, people -- if you're going to be parallel parking, DO NOT leave a trailer hitch on your car.

It's too dark outside to determine whether I dented my bumper or not (I hit the trailer hitch going about one foot / second); guess I'll see tomorrow. Don't really care either way, but still. Some people...

EDIT: The trailer hitch is kind of hard to see in that photo; it's less than an inch in front of my license plate.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What a dick. Should've left a note on his windshield saying "sorry about keying your car." At least make them panic a little.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
That sucks.

I hope it's nothing big

But people just don't care
I had a lady bump in to me once with her Buick Abd big chrome bumper. Scraped My bmw bumper Abd nothing on hers.

She said it's ok son. It's just bumpers, they are meant for bumping! WTF do say say to that?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Yeah that's a dick move, sorry to hear

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
This is what scares me. Love my garage.
I'd probably loose my temper and deface the pilot.

Sponsored

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I haven't pulled my car out of the garage in 5 weeks because of this rotten winter we're having in the tri-state area. And now I'm glad given all the tools out there who don't care about having trailer hitches or opening their doors into yours or bumping you parking or leaving their dumbass shopping carts in the middle of the lot blowing around into cars.

SkapeGote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150
Hey Guys,

I am glad I do not live near you guys. I never remove my hitch. I move my trailer for scrap atleast twice a day.

Skape

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Thank god I don't live in Brooklyn anymore :) No more going around searching for parking for an hour+ just to get dinged and keyed.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Excuse me but that is not a dick move, in the least. I tow a jet ski every weekend in the summer and leave the hitch on every day, everywhere...for this reason. That means its not being used 80% of the time. I'd love to see a car get my hitch through their radiator, totaling their car out when they rear end me and I won't have a scratch.

Hope your car is fine...but if I came out to slashed tires, smashed windshield, any damage or some stupid note you can bet your ass my hitch would do a lot more damage before I left. If someone ever blames my PARKED, EMPTY truck for their incompetence, so help me...

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
I'd be driving around in a clapped out 2000 Subaru if I lived in that area

Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I don't quite see how this is anyone's fault but the OP's...

That being said, I feel for you OP, the last thing I'd want to have happen to my car is that and exactly that. I think people can learn from this and, maybe in the future, keep an eye out for hitches on SUVs when they park their S550.

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
I don't know you guys/gals live in a city with a nice car. If I had to live in a city I'd only own the most trashtastic beater possible. When I used to have to drive into cities for work, my car was constantly getting dinged and bumped. Thankfully that car was a total POS so the new dents and scratches blended in with the ones which were already there :cheers:

That sucks.

I hope it's nothing big

But people just don't care
I had a lady bump in to me once with her Buick Abd big chrome bumper. Scraped My bmw bumper Abd nothing on hers.

She said it's ok son. It's just bumpers, they are meant for bumping! WTF do say say to that?
Ah man this reminds me of my sister and how she parked when she still lived in a city...tons of bumping and love taps when she parallel parked, with pretty much the same comments. Made me cringe every time, even if her car was a total pile (as were most of the others which were getting bumped.)

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Excuse me but that is not a dick move, in the least. I tow a jet ski every weekend in the summer and leave the hitch on every day, everywhere...for this reason. That means its not being used 80% of the time. I'd love to see a car get my hitch through their radiator, totaling their car out when they rear end me and I won't have a scratch.

Hope your car is fine...but if I came out to slashed tires, smashed windshield, any damage or some stupid note you can bet your ass my hitch would do a lot more damage before I left. If someone ever blames my PARKED, EMPTY truck for their incompetence, so help me...
Do you street park in a crowded neighborhood where people can circle around for an hour looking for a parking spot?

There are certain rules of parking etiquette. One is, if there's a hydrant or a no-parking sign or whatever that leaves enough space for two cars to park in a given stretch of pavement, you don't park in the middle of it; you park as far up as you can somebody else can park behind you. Because otherwise you're the a**hole. Another is, if you're parking in a line of cars along the side of the street, you don't leave two feet between you and the car in front of you if everybody tightens up their parking spaces, you can fit an extra car or two on a given street. And the BIGGEST one is, don't take up valuable parking space with your useless trailer hitch; it takes you two seconds to pull it out and stick it in your trunk, and gives other people on the block more space to park. Do that.

Also, not exactly sure how you're saying I'm incompetent. That's not the tightest parallel parking spot I've ever parked in, but there's, what, seven total inches of space for me on both sides? Would have been 15 without the trailer hitch. Regardless, I'm not an amateur at this. Would be easier if the Mustang had a front camera so I could have seen the hitch was there; hard to make it out in the dark on icy pavement.

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I don't know you guys/gals live in a city with a nice car. If I had to live in a city I'd only own the most trashtastic beater possible. When I used to have to drive into cities for work, my car was constantly getting dinged and bumped. Thankfully that car was a total POS so the new dents and scratches blended in with the ones which were already there :cheers:\
This is the number one reason I got a Mustang instead of a C7 Stingray or a Jaguar F-Type R, because with an S550 I won't care as much about dings and dents and scratches.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance

+1 Amen

its the new American Way..." not my fault it has to be someone's fault I screwed up." take responsibility for your actions. I would have had more respect if the OP would have started out with, "guess what dumb ass thing I did today..."
Sponsored