Sponsored

Manual Transmission Remote Start/Remote Access?

TMAN1985

Red and Black
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone been able to install remote start or remote access on their 2015 Mustang with a Manual transmission? If you have done this, let me know what you used, etc.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I'm interested in this as well. Manual Trans is hard to find a remote start. It would be nice to have in Winter.

OP
OP
TMAN1985

TMAN1985

Red and Black
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Vehicle(s)
I'm interested in this as well. Manual Trans is hard to find a remote start. It would be nice to have in Winter.
I want it for the summer lol. Its 98 degrees here in SW Florida during the day. Would love to have my A/C on

4point6grey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PerformancePack
+1 I'm interested in this item

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
How would that even work? I park mine in gear, so you would have to clutch in to start. Would you have to park in nuetral? If so you are rely on ebrake to keep car put? I wouldn't feel comfortable parking on a slope with only ebrake.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

OP
OP
TMAN1985

TMAN1985

Red and Black
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Vehicle(s)
You would have to park in Neutral. It's been done on other vehicles. My 370Z had it. I'm trying to see if anyone has actually done it on their 15 Mustang

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Bad, bad, bad idea. I know someone who did it, and almost lost my legs to their stupidity. They bypassed to clutch safety switch. They pinned my between their car and my car when they were trying to be 'cool'. All it takes is once. I watched an S10 with the same set up drive through the front of a building in its own with the same set up.

JRivera

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, PP
How would that even work? I park mine in gear, so you would have to clutch in to start. Would you have to park in nuetral? If so you are rely on ebrake to keep car put? I wouldn't feel comfortable parking on a slope with only ebrake.
In my experience (14 years driving MT) I park in neutral about 95% of the time.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I heard from my automotive teacher its illegal to have in a manual for reasons stated by falcon (car being in gear and then hitting someone or something)

It can be done, but there's a reason it really isn't

Sponsored

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I've had one friend who had it on his subaru. He let someone else drive it one night, and that person parked it (naturally left it in first gear) in front of the house where a party was going on. The owner came out later that night and hit the button to start the car, it leaped up into the driveway and rear headed the car in the driveway. His pride took the biggest hit though.

I don't like those odds, 1 for 1.

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
It has to be aftermarket. You have two options:

1: Viper or any kind alarm system that bypasses the clutch. If you park it in gear you're going to cause major damage. Insurance may or may not cover it, I dont know. Lot of risk.

2: Compustar or any other brand that uses the "Safe" manual remote start. You have to follow a certain procedure before getting out the car to safely ARM the remote start on a manual. When I had mine on my car in HS, the way it works.... you come to a stop and turn the car off. The car however, still remains running. If you hit the brake at any point it will disarm and the car will shut down immediately.
If you get out the car, and close the door, the car will arm itself, and beep once. Now your car locked, alarm ready and also remote start ready.

If at any point your car was in gear, it would've died on the spot due to it running after you taking the key out of the ignition. Get it?

But the downside is, it gets annoying. If you want to get something out of you car, you open the door and now the alarm and remote start is deactivated and you have to start the car and arm it again.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I remember reading a thread back in November where a guy had put a remote start on his manual S550. He took it to a dealership for service and the tech parked it and left it in gear and when someone started it with the remote it ended up in a lake. There were pics. I live in FL where there's no hills and I still park mine and leave it in first gear.
Sponsored

Reactions: 113