Sponsored

Magnetic Grey - discovered (lots of pics)

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Perhaps a little confusing header, but didn't really know what to call it :D

Been to my dealer today to have a good nose around their GT in Magnetic Grey. Had a test drive as well and all I can say is - WOW! Not my first 2015 Mustang I drive, but every time puts a smile on my face!

Lovely beast indeed but not without its faults, unfortunately. Roof line is ok. But the 3rd breaklight is very clearly visible being uneven or the incorrect fitment of the rear screen.

A lot of people on here asks about the Leather. Well, the main part of the seat base is leather on both front seats. But IMO the rest of the seats (incl the rear!) is vinyl. Its feel ok and the seats are very comfortable (they must have got that one from Volvo!). Cooling is ONLY in the seat base.

The word “Shaker” is not mentioned below the controls, like on a US car.

Plastics below the steering wheel/glovebox is and feel very cheap. But this is quite normal on today’s modern car, irrespective of make.

How come we can not opt for a space saver wheel like in the US?

Dealer decided to put the ugly licence plate holder on. I can not see how it’s fitted nor did my dealer know. I am sure it can be taken off (kicking it off in worst case!).

Panel fitment on this car was ok. Only the rear decklid (with the GT badge on it) was probably not fitted correctly as it stack out on the left hand side. Should have been picked up on when car was prepared.

The car has been underbody treated. Complete. Black. No pic.

I let the pictures speak for themeselves. Any questions, please ask.

Outside:

Inside:

As others have confirmed, no Seat Memory.

Then the famous back window, roof etc….

Closer

Side

Side

The seriously UGLY licence plate holder…

While the panel alignment on this car is good, I found this…the rear “GT” black panel sticks out on the left hand side. I wonder of the two bolts are fitted correctly?! Looks like c**p!
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Great pics and the car looks pretty good in this color ! :thumbsup:

But I saw in the German forum a White one and the color ist just WOW !! :first:

And the roof problem cames up a lot of times, it could be really difficult to find out a car wihtout this problem ... :frusty:

And this licence plate holder ... :lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Great pics, thanks.
That's my colour and it looks good with the custom pack/chrome, although I removed that from my order.
Rear window...yeah, its going to be the luck of the draw what each of us get. Interior looks acceptable to me. Am I right in saying this would be the interior that is supposed to be enhanced in Europe?
That license plate holder is awful though. Does nothing for the look of the car and by the time a white plate is on it its only going to look worse.

EDIT: I'm NOT hating the clear rear lights on Magnetic either!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Looks like the break-light needs to come up a notch on the right side.

The license plate holder is definitely a no go, neither do I want dealer promo on them (front & back). Not sure what I'm gonna do about it...
I'm starting to wonder based on your pic if the holder with the promo is a second holder on top of it that can be removed.

My dealer has 2 demo pre production cars on show tomorrow and the front license plate is just screwed on it, another no go!

What will you guys do with it?

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I intend emailing my dealer to ask if they'll fit a "sto n sho" type bracket such as this rather than drill the bumper - http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-plate-bracket-sto-n-sho-2015/p/LPB39/

I have a 5 character plate and as far as I can see UK regulations only require the characters to be the correct size and spaced appropriately meaning the plate doesn't have to be as wide.

Even if the dealer won't/can't do it i'll remove the mounting, plug the holes and fit the "sto n sho" myself. I'd rather not have the plugs either but they'd be preferable to having that mount plate in the middle of the bumper.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I intend emailing my dealer to ask if they'll fit a "sto n sho" type bracket such as this rather than drill the bumper - http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-plate-bracket-sto-n-sho-2015/p/LPB39/

I have a 5 character plate and as far as I can see UK regulations only require the characters to be the correct size and spaced appropriately meaning the plate doesn't have to be as wide.

Even if the dealer won't/can't do it i'll remove the mounting, plug the holes and fit the "sto n sho" myself. I'd rather not have the plugs either but they'd be preferable to having that mount plate in the middle of the bumper.
I asked my dealer about fitting something like a sto n sho but they said that they wouldn't fit anything that isn't from the factory...but other dealers may be different. Is there anything worse than bulky plate holders with dealer advertising?! If they put something like that on mine...:paddle:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I asked my dealer about fitting something like a sto n sho but they said that they wouldn't fit anything that isn't from the factory...but other dealers may be different. Is there anything worse than bulky plate holders with dealer advertising?! If they put something like that on mine...:paddle:
TBH that's the response I am expecting. Don't know if there's any way they could attach the mount without drilling the bumper, that could be completely removed, or not use the mount at all. Some sort of 3M tape type solution.

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That rear window is defiantly misaligned.
I can tell you 100%, I will not be accepting my car if it like that, they can shove it

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
That rear window is defiantly misaligned.
I can tell you 100%, I will not be accepting my car if it like that, they can shove it
Eh I'll take a tiny barely noticeable misaligned window with the heart of America beating in it over any perfect paneled euro eco box lol

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
@NewMustangDE the bottom border of the break light is this silicone or some soft rubber or part of the glass? I get the impression when zooming in on these pictures that this border is the culprit!

Sponsored
OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
@NewMustangDE the bottom border of the break light is this silicone or some soft rubber or part of the glass? I get the impression when zooming in on these pictures that this border is the culprit!

From what i have seen, the brakelight is actualy attached the glass. But its not easy to tell if this really is the case. I am also sure that there is some kind of seal between glass and brakelight.

Maybe the glass is fitted this way for a specific reason, could be due to windnoise, drag etc etc. Or it could simply be fitted wrongly. As long as its not a lot of difference on the left vs right, i will not be bothered to have this rectified by the dealer. They are bound to f**k it up!

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
Eh I'll take a tiny barely noticeable misaligned window with the heart of America beating in it over any perfect paneled euro eco box lol
+1

Also lets not forget that this is still a Ford and not a Volvo, Audi or Bmw.

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
+1

Also lets not forget that this is still a Ford and not a Volvo, Audi or Bmw.
IMO that's not an excuse for the misalignment!
An EB Mustang costs almost € 40.000 and that's a lot of money ....

OP
OP
NewMustangDE

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
IMO that's not an excuse for the misalignment!
An EB Mustang costs almost € 40.000 and that's a lot of money ....
Well, I still think that one must not forget that a Ford will never be as good as the others....whatever the price of it. Ford has always been followed by various glitches on their cars. My very first car was a Sierra (great fun!) and although it was german made (Cologne) it still had it's little glitches from time to time. Battery, Exhaust, interior fan failure etc etc.

But I agree, these cars are not cheap but it's still cheaper than my wife's V40, which has worked faultless for over 2 years now, but I wouldn't expect anything different from a €47K Volvo!