Sponsored

Magnaflow dilemma.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Hey guys, it's my first post here. I've searched through the threads quite a bit and I still feel like I need some help. I'm looking to put an exhaust on, but I'm having trouble deciding on which one to choose. This is regarding the GT to be specific. For reference I think the borla s type is too loud and too raspy for my tastes. I haven't heard the magnaflow competition catback in person. I love the deep sound in videos, but I'm wondering how the sound level compares to the s types. I'm also considering the magnaflow street catback and the competition axleback. With the last two choices I'm curious how they compare in loudness to each other as the comp axleback will keep the resonator. I'm also slightly worried that they may be too quiet. Thanks in advance for any input!
Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
where are you at in Texas, I recommend finding someone and listening in person. I can tell you all day about how I love my setup but someone else will hate it.

OP
OP
dentalguy

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I'm in San Antonio. What kind of setup are you running?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hey guys, it's my first post here. I've searched through the threads quite a bit and I still feel like I need some help. I'm looking to put an exhaust on, but I'm having trouble deciding on which one to choose. This is regarding the GT to be specific. For reference I think the borla s type is too loud and too raspy for my tastes. I haven't heard the magnaflow competition catback in person. I love the deep sound in videos, but I'm wondering how the sound level compares to the s types. I'm also considering the magnaflow street catback and the competition axleback. With the last two choices I'm curious how they compare in loudness to each other as the comp axleback will keep the resonator. I'm also slightly worried that they may be too quiet. Thanks in advance for any input!
I personally haven't heard the competition catback next to the S type in person so I really can't comment on that. Nor have I heard the street series catback next to the competition series catback in person.

We have used the competition axleback on our car with our H pipe resonator delete and it sounded real nice. I would believe that the competition catback would be louder than the axleback due to the larger piping it has.

If you're looking for a loud/aggressive sounding exhaust then I would lean more towards the competition setup as the street series is definitely not an aggressive setup.

Another awesome setup that I loved was the Roush axleback with resonator delete.

Here's a few videos of our car with the roush and magnaflow setups.

Make sure to give us a shout when you decide which route you go. We offer special customer loyalty pricing on the entire magnaflow line and can also set you up with a great price on the Roush combo if that's the route you end up wanting to go.

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105

Magnaflow Loyalty Pricing
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21709

[ame]
[ame]

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Long tube headers, no cats, MBRP race cat back. its loud and before the headers were on the drone was unbearable.

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you want a tame sounding deep exhaust either stick with axle back (roush, magnaflow, dronemaster, corsa sport, s type) or keep stock exhaust and throw an h pipe in place of the resonator.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
LOVE my Magnaflow axle back system. Just enough deep growl, but still quiet and tame once i throw it into 6th.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i would say go for the magnaflow street or borla touring from what you are describing.

let me know, we can help you out with either

MrVu1101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 401A
I love my magnaflow. I've been hearing corsa lately and I'm honestly second guessing my decision. I might have gone with Corsa if I didn't get the Magnaflow 900 shipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I was extremely obsessive about finding the right exhaust with a deep, aggressive, yet subtle tone. Probably close to the point where I could have been committed. To my wife's benefit, I finally pulled the trigger. I've now had the Magnaflow Street on the car since March and I'm still happy with it. Under mid-to-full throttle however, it wakes up, removing the subtlety entirely.

Here's a track clip from my in-car dashcam. The windows are closed. You'll get the idea. It definitely barks when it's woken up.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We have Corsa available as well, and the best customer service hours out there!

8am to 10pm seven days a week!

Give us a shout!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Corsa, Magnaflow, Roush and MBRP all in stock with free shipping as well as the best pricing and customer service you can get. Give us a shout guys and we'll definitely sort you out.

877-2LETHAL or 561-753-8105

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Can anyone confirm if the MF Axle backs drone much?
Sponsored