Sponsored

M6G GIVEAWAY CONTEST: BMR Suspension CB006 Front Chassis Brace!

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
BMR CB006 Giveaway

NmBLWUe.png

OKCVuIy.png

BMR Parts on the car;
1. BMR CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit (RED) - This part made a huge difference in the way the rear end felt. Feels flat while burning out, or sliding the tail out. Another thing I noticed is that the rear doesn't bounce between high rpm quick-shifts anymore. The rear feels planted to the ground!
2. BMR Adjustable Front & Rear Sway Bar Kit (RED) - Biggest advantage to these is the adjustability. I have them set at full soft front and middle rear. This makes the car feel more neutral through corners, and takes away alot of the understeer feeling. Minimizes body roll in the corners as well! I haven't tested these out on the track yet, but when I do, I can play around with different stiffness settings.

I love BMR Suspensions, and plan and adding vertical links, adjustable toe-rods, adjustable end-links, camber bolts, differential lock-out, AND BMR CB006 FRONT CHASSIS BRACE

XEcrz0Wh.jpg

WPppFsj.png

gk9MqBf.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I started my build shortly after the purchase of my s550 in October 2015. When I buy something with my money, I research deeply, and look for quality of engineering, also at the materials used, craftsmanship of the build and if is built in the USA.

The first step in my build wish list was an exhaust. The Magnaflow 19101 exhaust not only has pure notes, and has the design, quality and craftsmanship that is important for me.

I am now in the process of my suspension build. While thinking about and putting together my build list for the suspension, I asked the subjects matter experts on mustang6g.com, what would be a good first step towards improving the suspension. I am preparing my s550 GT for a track day at the Pocono Raceway in July.

A member of the forum from Michigan, [MENTION=8574]derieuz[/MENTION], gave me what I believe to be a fantastic idea and start to my suspension modifications.

He posted the following suggestion:

• Step 1) Address subframe deflection. BMR, Steeda, or FTBR kit's will work
  • Step 2) Toe-to-Knuckle Bearing, Ford Racing or FTBR kit will work
  • Step 3) Toe links, BMR, Steeda, FTBR, or Ford Racing will work

Those 3 things should make the rear end feel a lot more communicative with the ground, should be less than $400 or less.

Make sure you pre-adjust toe links (if you opt for adjustable ones) and pre-mark where the eccentric toe bolts were before removal of the OEM toe links so you do not have to realign your car immediately.

Ultimately, those will be a great start to help your rear end out

Phase 2, I would get new swaybars and springs. If you do not want to change the springs right away, find either a progressive spring or a spring with very close to OEM rates (Like the BMR performance ones). If you go with shocks/coilovers, you'd probably get good results with most combinations. Popular ones seem to include the FRPP shocks with the Steeda Linears or BMR handling springs.​

I found that post to be incredibly insightful and helpful. Since receiving this post, I have researched the items mentioned.

BMR stands out as a company that I would not hesitate to put ANY of their components on my car. Their website is extremely helpful, as is the product descriptions, how to videos, materials used and craftsmanship. The red color they use is unbelievably cool. I want that on my s550!

So, reality sinks in, I will only put the best on my car, and if it is not in the budget, I will wait. I from the list I now have, I did pick up toe to knuckle bearings and a non-adjustable rear toe link, both from Ford Racing. I looked again and again at the adjustable rear toe link BMR has in that awesome red, but the budget does not allow for that. The Ford part is great quality, just not adjustable.

The last component in the list for phase one, is a sub frame component to stiffen the chassis. I would like to put my first (of many, I hope) BMR components on my Mustang. I am looking forward to installing what I do have to feel the difference in handling.
20160228_201011783_iOSv5.jpg

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

My 15 GT PP is stock in regard to suspension and handling however this front chassis brace would be the perfect start and make me a first time BMR customer. I'm sure this would be the first of many BMR parts to be added!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
  • My S550 Mustang does not have any BMR parts installed yet. (not till after April the 8th when I win+)
  • Even though my S550 Mustang is NOT yet BMR-equipped, I want the CB006 front chassis brace to enjoy my S550 more with the improved steering response that the chassis brace has to offer.
20160111_081935.jpg

Sponsored

Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP Mustang
Because BMR has a solid rep and quality parts!
DSC02140sm.jpg

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Parts installed:
SP081-Front Performance Springs
SP088-Rear Drag Springs
CB005-Cradle Lockout Kit
FC003-Camber Bolts

With these parts installed, along with my FRP Struts/Shocks, it has improved the handling and looks of my Mustang. Can't thank Kelly enough for answering all of my and other forum members questions. Thanks for this opportunity. Even if I don't win, this will be something that will be added in the future.
20160313_143842.jpg

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
I haven't had the car too long so not too many mods or BMR parts, but I plan on buying some springs and other suspension goodies in the future when I start throwing more money at it. I think this piece would be a great place to start in order to stiffen up the front. Thanks!
DSC_0203.jpg

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
BMR Performance Springs SP080's, and love them because the stance is on point!

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
No BMR hardware yet, but would love to try this brace on my Daily Driver!!
IMG_1007-2 (1).jpg

Sponsored

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I currently running BMR cradle bushing lockout kit. It def a day and night different to eliminate wheel hope. Thanks for the give away and good luck to everyone.
NyclOmoh.jpg

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Entry

BMR entrry
Cervinti.jpg

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Have the cradle lockouts already and work great. This would be a great addition!
50%tintedstang_50.jpg

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
BMR Entry

So, I have been looking for quality suspension components. Currently I have bmr tie rods. I haven't installed yet because of North Dakota winter, but looking at them, I'm very impressed with the quality. I can't wait to get them on to see how much improved the handling is during autocross.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
In! No BMR parts yet, but I want this to stiffen up my suspension.

Sponsored