Lt's, intake, and tune opinions.

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a list together of what I think will make my little competition orange sweetheart the happiest for the holidays and all the sales that are bound to be awesome. I've already got the resonator delete x-pipe and frpp touring axle back. I'm looking to gain the absolute MOST seat of the pants power I can from a header, intake, tune combo. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion that have these mods and have done them all at once preferably to gauge the difference it made in the car. I'm kind of leaning toward SW off-road long tubes, jlt or mmr intake, and a Lund n-gauge. Help me pull the trigger or put me in the right direction!! Thanks guys!!!
Sponsored

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a list together of what I think will make my little competition orange sweetheart the happiest for the holidays and all the sales that are bound to be awesome. I've already got the resonator delete x-pipe and frpp touring axle back. I'm looking to gain the absolute MOST seat of the pants power I can from a header, intake, tune combo. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion that have these mods and have done them all at once preferably to gauge the difference it made in the car. I'm kind of leaning toward SW off-road long tubes, jlt or mmr intake, and a Lund n-gauge. Help me pull the trigger or put me in the right direction!! Thanks guys!!!
I think you can't go wrong with the choices that you have listed. I had the JLT before I went Cobra Jet intake and was very happy, but I'm sure MMR is just as good. I got the Power series SW 1-7/8" LTs, they were a little less $$ and I have the LUND nGAUGE. Team Beefcake hooked me up with all those goodies!

OP
OP
EVIL-PUNKIN

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I had honestly thought about the power series also to save a little cash, how was the quality? Did you have any problems with the install or any issues with the fitment or anything? Sorry for all the questions, but I have one more, how is the sound difference before and after just adding headers? YouTube can't do am exhaust system any justice compared to hearing it in person.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

For the tune and device the Lund Racing nGauge is a no brainer. Their tuning and the nGauge device are top notch. So many awesome features, advanced datalogging and the ability to display real time parameters. We're Lund Racing's largest distributor and run their nGauge on our 2015 GT and 2015 Ecoboost. You'll definitely be impressed.

For the intake I'm going to recommend JLT. They make an awesome intake which has been track and dyno proven time after time. We run JLT on all of our cars and have only had great results.

For the exhaust you've got a couple of very good options. American Racing Headers, Kooks and Stainless Works/Power.

All of those are made out of the highest grade materials and perform very well. No setup will outperform the other by any big margin so it's just about picking the brand and setup that best suits your needs/wants. We're wholesale distributors for all of those brands and will indeed have them on sale during the holidays so definitely be on the lookout for what we're going to offer before shopping elsewhere.

In the meantime if you have any questions regarding any of these products please let me know and I'll do the best I can to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I had honestly thought about the power series also to save a little cash, how was the quality? Did you have any problems with the install or any issues with the fitment or anything? Sorry for all the questions, but I have one more, how is the sound difference before and after just adding headers? YouTube can't do am exhaust system any justice compared to hearing it in person.
The quality of the Power series is actually pretty darn good. We've sold a ton of their systems and haven't had a single complaint about fitment or finish. Their made of T304 stainless just like the Works series but are made overseas which allows them to offer that series for much less.

As far as sound difference goes you'll definitely notice a difference with the headers. Overall it's going to have a deeper, louder and more aggressive sound then you get with the stock manifolds.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I had Stainless Power LT's and ORX on my 13. I needed the best I could get on a budget and they delivered. Fit and finish was awesome. They are made to the exact same specs as the Works line. And out of the same materials. They are just made over seas for cheaper. And don't have the lifetime warranty I think it's only 2 years. But based off how the build quality looked I was not too worried about it. My only gripe was that I wish I could have afforded the ones built in the US. Just bc I like to buy US made parts when I can. If money wasn't an issue I would have.

OP
OP
EVIL-PUNKIN

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I really appreciate all the help guys, I'm leaning toward the power series now since the quality is evidently just as great as the works line. Jered man I really appreciate the help and will definitely check you guys out before I place a order on anything!!

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To me the install was easier than a Fox Body. I believe most of your sound comes from the headers back, the headers will aid in power and as you continue to make future mods.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP

Stainless Power is probably our biggest seller next to ARH. We've installed countless SP/ SW setups here at the NC shop and have had zero issues with install. Both SP/ SW and ARH are by far our 3 favorite setups. We have plenty of SP/ SW on hand as well, you're not too far from us!!

With you being in VA, how are the emissions? You plan to go catless or catted?

For intakes, I'd definitely choose JLT before all else. They're really the only CAI we'll run on our cars if available, can't beat the CS from the JLT team.

With the Touring Catback and no res you're going to have some rasp, just an FYI on that. We've tested that setup and experienced some rasp.

Hope that helps, either way you can't go wrong with SP and JLT!

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ill sell you my MMR intake for 150 dollars shipped to your door. (merry Christmas)
I don't have a tune and its absolute trash. I hear nothing but good things about it from people that have it tuned.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EVIL-PUNKIN

EVIL-PUNKIN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Thank for the info Jayman!! By rasp do you mean the good 5.0 rasp or a bad sounding rasp? Lol I've heard rasp on some of these cars and it sounds great, not sure about hearing it everyday but it still sounded nice and mean. As far as emissions go they aren't that hard on us here in SWVA I'm sure it may be more of a problem up in the northern parts though!!

Krahooligan, can you pm me some info on the intake? I may be interested man, just shoot me some info when you can!

I really appreciate all the input guys!! If anyone else has anything to add that may help I'm all ears!!! Too much knowledge is never a bad thing, especially in the car world, and with women, but we won't get into that...that would need a whole other forum for all that info...

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Thank for the info Jayman!! By rasp do you mean the good 5.0 rasp or a bad sounding rasp? Lol I've heard rasp on some of these cars and it sounds great, not sure about hearing it everyday but it still sounded nice and mean. As far as emissions go they aren't that hard on us here in SWVA I'm sure it may be more of a problem up in the northern parts though!!

Krahooligan, can you pm me some info on the intake? I may be interested man, just shoot me some info when you can!

I really appreciate all the input guys!! If anyone else has anything to add that may help I'm all ears!!! Too much knowledge is never a bad thing, especially in the car world, and with women, but we won't get into that...that would need a whole other forum for all that info...
Anytime time! For the exhaust, Not a bad rasp, just more of me giving you a heads up that there will be some rasp:) Any questions at all dont hesitate to ask us:) We've installed every brand header and CAI on the S550 and still prefer SP/ SW/ ARH over them all:)
Sponsored