Sponsored

LTs and exhaust combo

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
I'm back for opinions again. I install SP long tubes and the roush exhaust was to loud. I put a magnaflow resonated xpipe in my place to help it not be nascar loud. Well I don't like the sound of my setup now. What is the best exhaust for LTs, I don't mind loud I just don't want it to be unbearable. I was leaning towards 3" Corsa Sport but several people have said it will be obnoxiously loud. I feel like videos on YouTube are hard to judge
Sponsored

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 black GT, perf. package
Are the headers catted or O/R

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
ARH Pure Thunder with H-pipe sounds great. Loud, but not too loud.

I have some vids from inside the car with normal driving - so maybe you can get a bit of an idea. This is with catted headers.

In the first vid, I say I am shifting at 3,000rpm, after coming to the second stop, I think I may have taken things to about 4,000.

[ame]

Cruising at highway speeds:
[ame]

Cold start and revs to 2,000 and 3,000 rpm. My cold start is now much quieter than in the video as Lund has done some stuff to quite it down.
[ame]

OP
OP
Crowderb

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off road

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
I have been working on the "perfect sound" since I bought the car as well. Started with MBRP street which was fine until I installed offroad longtubes it became too loud and upper rpm raspy. So added MBRP resonators mid car,helped on noise level but not much in rasp.
This weekend I swapped out the MBRP mufflers with mangnaflow #12229 and it completely changed the sound. I would say it is 90% to my goal of a perfect sound.

Sponsored

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
I have been working on the "perfect sound" since I bought the car as well. Started with MBRP street which was fine until I installed offroad longtubes it became too loud and upper rpm raspy. So added MBRP resonators mid car,helped on noise level but not much in rasp.
This weekend I swapped out the MBRP mufflers with mangnaflow #12229 and it completely changed the sound. I would say it is 90% to my goal of a perfect sound.
i'm in this same situation. Low rpm sounds good, wide open high rpm sounds good, but the daily driving 2-3,500 rpms sounds like crap.

I'm toying with borla sport or magnaflow.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i personally would lean towards the mag street, or borla touring

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Magnaflow mufflers will put a dent in the loud rasp. And the raspy loud. Best muffler without a doubt. :thumbsup:

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I'm running Borla S-type muffler with and x-pipe and cat deletes. It's the best sound for me, loud at WOT yet nice sound from idle to 3500 rpm for DD. Some rasp at higher RPM's but its seems to quiet down once the car gets to normal operating temps.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Crowderb

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't make up my mind

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I'm running Borla S-type muffler with and x-pipe and cat deletes. It's the best sound for me, loud at WOT yet nice sound from idle to 3500 rpm for DD. Some rasp at higher RPM's but its seems to quiet down once the car gets to normal operating temps.
Any videos? And how much louder is cold start before and after headers? I have s-type with H pipe now. Thinking of the cat deletes.
Sponsored