Loving my PPF after last night's "festivities"

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Made a bad choice to not take the TP home from work last night and instead went the non-toll road route through routes 1 and 9 in Jersey. Long story short, it was miserable, even after 8pm but the topper was the car in front of me lost a big piece of its splitter/undertray at about 50 mph. Luckily I had three things going for me: 1) I was not tailgating so had some time to process what was happening as this chunk of plastic kicked up in front of me; 2) I knew there was no one to my right so there was somewhere to engage evasive maneuver number 27; and 3) the original owner, although not seeing fit to do the whole front end, had PPF'd the entire front fascia. So with all that being said, there was such light contact that I wasn't even sure if I had managed to completely avoid the flying debris. Thanks in large part to the protection film, this was all the "damage" I incurred:

1713378968637-8j.png

and also thanks to the film, after just wiping with a wet wash mitt and a little rubbing with a drying towel, this is how it turned out:

1713379023982-c7.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
rocsteady

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I think I'm going to move PPF'ing the rest of the front end up my priority list. I have a big sheet that I can do the hood soon then we'll see about the fenders after that.