Lost one of our pups yesterday... :(

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
This has been a very trying year to say the least, have not been nearly as active here as I would have liked but sometimes life gets in the way. Both my wife and I have had surgeries to remove growths in our heads, though luckily nothing is malignant. Have had our house broken into while we were home, court case still going on there. Seems like we can't catch a break anywhere.

Yesterday the saga continued, one of our beloved German Shepherds got out of our fence (gate did not fully close and we could not see it when we let the dogs out in the early morning). Unfortunately she was hit in the road and did not survive. She slept with my 10yo son at night, kept him "safe from the bad dreams," and was overall just a fantastic dog. The whole family has had a really hard time with it, one of the dangers of having dogs that are not just pets but a critical member of the family. She was only 3 years old and really loved us, was a beautiful dog who had a ton of personality. She literally licked our son 232 times consecutively once (he counted). She also know a few unique tricks like "give me 5" and "give me ten".

I wish I could take away the pain that my kids and wife are feeling, guess it will just take some time. Anyhow, I know that there are some real dog lovers here that will understand, thanks for taking the time and please keep my little ones in your prayers if you do that.

Hopefully this is the end of all of it, every time we think that something else comes up. Appreciate this community, seems to be a good collection of folks with a few exceptions. Now back to talking about cars!
IMG_0305 (Medium).JPG
20150827_151141 (Medium).jpg
20150830_203850 (Medium).jpg
IMG_1959 (Medium).JPG
IMG_1998 (Medium).JPG
IMG_3045 (Medium).JPG
IMG_3031 (Medium).JPG
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that, this is my worst fear with my pup. :brokenheart:

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that, this is my worst fear with my pup. :brokenheart:
Thank you! It is amazing how much they work their way into your heart!

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Damn sorry for all your troubles. Such a beautiful dog. Glad to hear you and your wife are fine.

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
:(

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Very sad. Sorry for your loss. Our 13 year old beagle is family.

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
So sorry to hear that. Prayers sent to help you guys through these hard times.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
As a dog lover myself (we have two) I feel for you. A lot of people say "it's only an animal", but if you are an animal lover it hurts to see animal cruelty, death of a pet....etc. No offence the people that aren't animal lovers....:)

Our kids have grown and moved out ( 22 an 24 years). Our dogs now are our "new kids". It will be a sad day when one or both pass on. Dogs give you unconditional love.... ya can't saw that about most people.

I am sorry for your loss. I don't know anything about you or your family, but you are a responsible and loving dog owner, so in my books you are good:thumbsup:

Please give your family a hug for me. And here's to hoping all will get better soon:cheers:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Sorry to hear this, hard to lose a pet but even harder like that. We had a GSD, they are a fantastic companion animal, totally bond to their family, intelligent, willing workers (just try to stop them), just a great family pet, all that makes it harder still to lose one. I still tear up when I think of losing her, she was only 9 and had a genetic disease we (and the breeder) weren't even aware of back then, now it's well known and tested for.

Hoping you and your family turn the corner and things settle down for you now, you certainly deserve a break.

OP
OP
cbrookre

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks all. Yes she was amazing, so intelligent and loyal. She had a number of very unique behaviors that made her truly one of a kind. We are a strong family and will get through it, but having support of our church, and communities like this certainly help a lot. You will never know how much this is appreciated.

:cheers:
Sponsored