Sponsored

Loss of Throttle

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
On a cruise today I was running around 70mph just cruisin when it was like I let off the throttle completely. As I slowed, it downshifted normally as I was in sport+. Everytime I would hit the throttle to get some kind of response, my vacuum gauge needle would react as it normally does but the engine idle would get rough. Came to a complete stop in the median and I dont remember if it died or I killed the power myself. Restarted engine. Fired off like nothing ever happened and have been cruising normally since. No codes on the ngauge.
Sponsored

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
I’m guessing it’s tuned if you have an nguage?

Might wanna hit up your tuner.

OP
OP
FruityJudy

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I’m guessing it’s tuned if you have an nguage?

Might wanna hit up your tuner.
It is tuned by lund. I have been tuned for a year or so now usually running 93 or flex tune and never had a hiccup. It has been on the E85r tune for quite some time now but not many miles since it is a weekend toy

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I had similar happen when my brake light switch (above the brake pedal) broke and my brake lights stayed on. Computers thought I had my foot on the brakes and cut power. Your switch, or the little rubber pad attached to the pedal that presses the switch, may be dying.

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
It is tuned by lund. I have been tuned for a year or so now usually running 93 or flex tune and never had a hiccup. It has been on the E85r tune for quite some time now but not many miles since it is a weekend toy
I see. Might still be a good idea to at least reach out and let them know what happened. Even with reputable tuners, every tune is written specifically for your car and there’s always a margin of error (that can likely be resolved with a revision).

It could’ve been something as simple as a bad batch a gas (assuming you’re getting it from the pump) and you said it hasn’t happened since but couldn’t hurt to let them know and possibly do some data logging.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Lot of stations switching to winter blends right now. Do a KAM reset.
Sponsored