Looks like bad news for Lethals gt350

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's like putting fake tits on an already gorgeous supermodel. Sure, kinda fun to look at and play with, but at the end of the day it ruins the natural beauty that was originally created.
You're analogy is a little jacked up but I understand what you're getting at ;) :)

Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
So... Does the hood close?
No, it will not close without modification. We are looking into Mounts now to give us a little more room. You can always remove the liner and modify the center brace, but we didn't want to mess with that unless we had to.

Matt

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Good joke. I agree with the putting silicone on a supermodel comment said earlier though, but good luck anyway.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
No, it will not close without modification. We are looking into Mounts now to give us a little more room. You can always remove the liner and modify the center brace, but we didn't want to mess with that unless we had to.

Matt
I was afraid of this. Same problem I ran into with the cobra jet intake. How much lower does the engine need to be lowered? I didn't want to use lowering mounts unless they had rubber instead of urethane for vibration purposes and not sure how the lowering mounts will effect the long tube headers. This is a pic of the cobra jet intake without the throttle body on. About 1"
image.jpg

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
I was afraid of this. Same problem I ran into with the cobra jet intake. How much lower does the engine need to be lowered? I didn't want to use lowering mounts unless they had rubber instead of urethane for vibration purposes and not sure how the lowering mounts will effect the long tube headers. This is a pic of the cobra jet intake without the throttle body on. About 1"

I haven't had a chance to look at the car yet, so I don't know the exact measurement but I don't think it's much. They removed the liner first and I believe the hood closed, but there was still slight contact. I think if you modified the center support you would have plenty of room without needing mounts, but we should know more soon.

Matt

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
It doesn't need much lowering. At least not as much as that CJ intake does. We can make it work by removing the hoodliner and small section of the center support brace on the underside of the hood. However we will be using a set of lowered motor mounts so no cutting of the hood will be needed. Once I verify how much lower we put the mounts at I'll let you know.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It doesn't need much lowering. At least not as much as that CJ intake does. We can make it work by removing the hoodliner and small section of the center support brace on the underside of the hood. However we will be using a set of lowered motor mounts so no cutting of the hood will be needed. Once I verify how much lower we put the mounts at I'll let you know.
If it's that close, why not a different or modified hood instead? Seems like it would be less hassle and it wouldn't be upsetting any of the engine/drive train geometry.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
If it's that close, why not a different or modified hood instead? Seems like it would be less hassle and it wouldn't be upsetting any of the engine/drive train geometry.
Lowering the motor a 1/4" will not hurt anything and it might actually help if anything does change. But if you'd like to see a different hood on the car, please send $2000 to:

Lethal Performance
3161 Fairlane Farms Rd
Ste 8
Wellington, FL 33414

That should cover the TruCarbon hood, prep and paint :cheers: