Sponsored

Looking for a 2018 R at MSRP- know a dealer?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Don't give up your search as 2017 R models are still being allocated to various dealerships as late as last week with the one that I was contacted on going for $5K over.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Care to elaborate on this? I got a call10 days ago that I may be able to get a R model.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Care to elaborate on this? I got a call10 days ago that I may be able to get a R model.
Not much else to say other than I was contacted last Friday about an R allocation that the dealership just got and they had to place the order/specs right away or they would lose the allocation.

Made a call to a friend and the deal was made.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Gracias x 1000

Ford stock is in the shitter and they are cutting back their workforce. They believe "tweet-worthy" autonomous vehicles are the future.

And there are people waiting out there to buy a Mustang but don't because they aren't interested in having their colon enlarged by the dealer network.

Time for a new strategy Ford. Get off your ass.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just like last year there appears to be a late MY run of Rs, perhaps even a little later this year since MY17 production will go on through most of the summer before the MY18 change over.

Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
I think the R is a great car, but I keep hearing the next iteration of performance mustang from Ford will be something special to compete with the Demon and Camaro in 2019. I'd wait and see if you want to buy whatever that car is or go for a slightly used R at a lower price. My .02

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm with you Dave, I think the market will soften after 2018 starts production and once the GT500 replacement gets closer to release. Im fine waiting and driving my TP car and picking up a lightly used R for less.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Best offer I got was $7500 ADM. But I can't help wonder what prices will be for the '18 model year run. Plus the 500 looms on the horizon and then there is the ZR1 and Zora coming.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
If the GT500 handles better than the GT350 and has 700HP at a competitive price, you can bet your wallet people are going to be swayed that way even with the FPC in the 350. If the GT500 is $80K, that $80K R is going to suffer.
Your other post, and this made it seem like you likely would sell it for the next best thing.

Case in point- I am the original owner of a 1996 Cobra, and when it came out, it was the greatest! 32V, DOHC V8 with an amazing 305HP!! Hand built engine with a signature plaque! I thought nothing could ever beat that! At the time, it was an absolute breakthrough! I ordered it sight unseen long before they were available to the general public. Well, in just a few years the supercharged Cobras were all the craze, and the old 96-98 Cobra's, as special as they were when released, were old news. I still kept that car over 10 years and loved it even though there was better (much better).
To be fair, an American car company creating an FPC engine has never been done before, and unless Ford continues evolving this engine, it'll probably be the last. It's an engineering feat more significant than anything that Dodge or Chevy has put out.

Reactions: H6G

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The 350 IS a special car. I WILL be keeping my R permantly, so nobody is ever getting mine ...except as a hand me down I intend on getting the next SE mustang, IF it's as special as this GT350... SOLD.
I'd just have patience if you don't want to spend extra. Once word of the next SE comes out allocations will free up.

Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
To be fair, an American car company creating an FPC engine has never been done before, and unless Ford continues evolving this engine, it'll probably be the last. It's an engineering feat more significant than anything that Dodge or Chevy has put out.

'Shift', I couldn't agree more!
The Voodoo is the highlight of this special car..... it makes it very unique. IF Ford decides to go back to a CPC and strap a blower/turbo(s) on top of the upcoming GT500.... regardless of HP, it still wouldn't be the same.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Your other post, and this made it seem like you likely would sell it for the next best thing.
I think your assessment is somewhat short sighted. I felt the same way about cars when I was younger, that the special cars would stay in my collection forever once I got them (a lot of them were dream cars to me at the time I acquired them). What have i learned? To never say I will own one thing forever ever again, as this is a more realistic approach to cars. I'm a little older and smarter than I used to be, and it's about being happy with the experience of driving the car I have more than anything. If I get to a point where I want something fresh/newer, I carefully go for it as life is too short. I never rush in impulse because I want to make sure I'm right.

With looking at this model, I feel it's going to be a long term keeper, but not a forever car. It certainly delivers the experience I want in a sports car/driver car, and exceeds what I am capable of as a driver. A GT500 would just be overkill for me, but I do believe others would easily be drawn away from the GT350 if it does all the GT350 does and more.

I'm a huge fan of this platform and love this car, hence the reason I'm here. As you can see I have owned a lot of mustangs, but turned in favor of Corvettes, BMW M's, and more refined cars and never thought I'd own another mustang again as of several years ago.

Until this car hit. I fell in love with it without even knowing how good of a performer it was (had no clue) when I visited my Ford dealer to pick up a part for my Raptor and saw a white with blue stripes car sitting on the dealers showroom floor. I've always loved the Shelby look with the stripes, and this car struck me big time on looks alone. It's everything I've wanted a modern Mustang to look like.

So I started doing research on the car and when I found out just how good it was, I became obsessed. I'm a driver, and I always buy the best driver car I can without brand loyalty. I'm at an age that I can pick whatever I want within reason, including a new Z06, but it's more about the overall experience and I feel the GT350 delivers for me in spades.

The "R" would be the icing on the cake for me, hence the reason I am seeking one out. I can assure you, it will stay for a very long time (but not forever). :D

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I think your assessment is somewhat short sighted. I felt the same way about cars when I was younger, that the special cars would stay in my collection forever once I got them (a lot of them were dream cars to me at the time I acquired them). What have i learned? To never say I will own one thing forever ever again, as this is a more realistic approach to cars. I'm a little older and smarter than I used to be, and it's about being happy with the experience of driving the car I have more than anything. If I get to a point where I want something fresh/newer, I carefully go for it as life is too short. I never rush in impulse because I want to make sure I'm right.

With looking at this model, I feel it's going to be a long term keeper, but not a forever car. It certainly delivers the experience I want in a sports car/driver car, and exceeds what I am capable of as a driver. A GT500 would just be overkill for me, but I do believe others would easily be drawn away from the GT350 if it does all the GT350 does and more.

I'm a huge fan of this platform and love this car, hence the reason I'm here. As you can see I have owned a lot of mustangs, but turned in favor of Corvettes, BMW M's, and more refined cars and never thought I'd own another mustang again as of several years ago.

Until this car hit. I fell in love with it without even knowing how good of a performer it was (had no clue) when I visited my Ford dealer to pick up a part for my Raptor and saw a white with blue stripes car sitting on the dealers showroom floor. I've always loved the Shelby look with the stripes, and this car struck me big time on looks alone. It's everything I've wanted a modern Mustang to look like.

So I started doing research on the car and when I found out just how good it was, I became obsessed. I'm a driver, and I always buy the best driver car I can without brand loyalty. I'm at an age that I can pick whatever I want within reason, including a new Z06, but it's more about the overall experience and I feel the GT350 delivers for me in spades.

The "R" would be the icing on the cake for me, hence the reason I am seeking one out. I can assure you, it will stay for a very long time (but not forever). :D
Great post. I was never a Mustang fan. I knew of the GT350, but didn't think about owning one until I had a conversation with my brother-in-law about the current sports car available, and I was telling him about how great the GT350 was with an FPC engine.. on that car ride was the moment that I realized this car clicked every option I've wanted in my dream car... and it was affordable to boot. Thus began my research and journey. Hope you find your R. :cheers:

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
We're all fortunate to have these cars, R model, Track pack - any of them. I was thinking to myself the other day after not driving the R model for some time - how much of an EXPERIENCE the car is - especially with NO Radio.

I told my wife don't ever let me sell it - and honestly what car can you get these days without a radio and ac? 911R? Older Z/28?

Every time I see the digital zombies glued to their devices (and myself sometimes as well. . ) I feel like I'm going back in time when things weren't so digital but with all the best of what today's technology has to offer in handling, braking, engine, exhaust, etc..

I hope that manufacturers continue to produce special stripped down models cause I'll be in line ready to buy them.

IMG_6506.jpg

Oh and finally put the CF wheels back on - so if anyone wants to turn this thread into a bitch about the wheel studs in the pic - find the original thread and move over there (ha, ha, ha)

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
We're all fortunate to have these cars, R model, Track pack - any of them. I was thinking to myself the other day after not driving the R model for some time - how much of an EXPERIENCE the car is - especially with NO Radio.

I told my wife don't ever let me sell it - and honestly what car can you get these days without a radio and ac? 911R? Older Z/28?
Or..... a COPO Camaro, no A/C.... no radio. Not 'street legal', however.
Sponsored