Sponsored

Long Island - New York Potential GT350 Buyers

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Not wasting my time, I already looked outside of Long Island, NY and found a GT350R for much less than what they are asking for GT350s non R.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Metro NY is 12m people, tons of money and many car nuts. I doubt that boycott is gonna be very successful.

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
If there are any Long Islanders on this Forum that are planning on purchasing a GT350 and have been searching local dealers and getting the $20-$25k over MSRP mark up quotes from dealers on the Island (Smithtown, Newins, Levittown, etc), lets get together and boycott them and threaten to purchase out of state unless they come to there senses and stop trying to rip us off. Lets post each dealer and keep offering to pay MSRP.
I am of the mindset that if we as a group refuse the high ADM fees we may be able to get the car we want from our local dealer and in turn they get us as a customer to have it serviced by them. They way it is supposed to be.
If we get enough guys together it may work. Just a though.

Newins Ford Bay Shore - getting 3 in. Offering them to the highest bidder.
Smithtown Ford - has one in Gray Black stripe track on the showroom floor said it sold for $83,000
Levittown Ford - getting 2-3 in. Offering them to highest bidder.
Why not just ACTUALLY take your business out of state? You live in the internet age where this is not just possible, it's EASY.

edit: I took a drive out to Levittown to check out and try to drive a redline GT and they told me (after I had emailed them telling them when I was coming in for a drive) that I'd have to schedule a separate day for a drive. My business went out the door when I did.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Why not just ACTUALLY take your business out of state? You live in the internet age where this is not just possible, it's EASY.

edit: I took a drive out to Levittown to check out and try to drive a redline GT and they told me (after I had emailed them telling them when I was coming in for a drive) that I'd have to schedule a separate day for a drive. My business went out the door when I did.
Because then one wouldn't be able to come here and whine and try to rally the troops.

As if we have not had months after months of ADM threads. Hence my eye roll. You can "boycott" all the dealerships you want but the other 98% of the public not on Mustang forums is still going to buy from them; as you're generally talking a more wealthy area overall on Long Island.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I wouldn't do business with Newins Bay Shore. They screwed me pretty goon on a Saleen warranty claim a bunch of years ago.