Sponsored

Little OT to chill out while we're waiting... where do you go on vacation?

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Today my car shows as Delivered in COTUS so a good guess would be that its in Baltimore waiting to be shipped :) EDD is 25-27/7.

Perfect in a way as i have loads of work trips coming up and in mid July i go and see my family in Malmö, Sweden (i am originally from there). Come back via Poland on the 25th July, just perfect timing, hopefully, for the Pony!
Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I'll be going to the Czech Republic for a week. I'll be in Prague and Pilzen :cheers:

OP
OP
smidra

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
I'll be going to the Czech Republic for a week. I'll be in Prague and Pilzen :cheers:
Nice! Prague and Pilsen sounds like a beer trip :D If you need any help arranging anything here just let me know, I will be happy to help :)

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Plzeň! ;)

I already did two US trips this year (Silicon Valley / Bay Area) so during the summer I wanna do mostly weekend trips to neighbour countries plus some sea, right now I'm thinking about Portorose.

And hopefully Pony will arrive in August so I can cruise a bit :)

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Parts of Arizona (Sedona, Flagstaff, Jerome, Cottonwood, Verde Train ride, Williams, and parts of old Route 66) and Las Vegas! Went to the Carroll Shelby Museum near McCarran Airport...WOW! The FREE tour was Great!!!

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Nice! Prague and Pilsen sounds like a beer trip :D If you need any help arranging anything here just let me know, I will be happy to help :)
Thanks mate, but we're already taken care of. We're meeting up with some Czech friends from a dance group who have planned everything out. It's a bit of a cultural trip with lots of dancing, sight seeing and some good beers ;)

Last edited:

Ferdelance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gianluca
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot
I am going by car to Italy, to some less visited part like Tuscia or Abruzzo. We might also decide to fly to Calabria, not sure yet. We are looking for not so crowded natural beaches, somewhere where not many tourists come, nature, small villages... If any of the Italian members have any tips, you are more than welcome. :)
You could visit "Tropea", "Capo Rizzuto" or "Capo Vaticano".

Where do you guys go on vacation this summer?
next month I will be near Paestum (Campania) and in August I am going to be in Poland

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I'm going to Madeira and then Lisbon in the middle of July.
When I return the car should be close to home.
Can't wait!!!

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
I have just come back from Scotland, so I will just stay a while in my country house, relaxing and... waiting for the Pony!!!
Hope you enjoyed it :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
I'm off to Brazil in September (week in Rio, and a week on some islands off the coast), with my stang not due to until November, this is perfect timing [emoji106]

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
Thanks! You did the trip in a Mustang? What about the narrow Italian streets? Any problems in the cities?

Apart from that I agree, the Italian highway costs quite a bit more than what it has to offer. On the other hand, almost all countries have paid highways now, Germany coming next year I think.

I was at first crazy about the Italian way of driving, but then I let go and just enjoyed it. In the very south nobody stops at stop signs, people run red lights (they call it rosso pallido I think). Even here in Czech when someone runs an "early" red light they say "rosso fresco". I don't know if the itallians say it this way as well :D But overall if you just let go it somehow works. Some people are crazy and funny, but not plain stupid and aggressive like it is in Czech for example. I like the Italian way :D

I unfortunately drove my wife's 2015 focus. I had a 2 year old son on the trip and needed as much room as I could get. I agree the driving seemed to work and didn't get in an accident so maybe it just works. Now if I don't get any tickets in the mail from all the cameras on the autostrada I'll be even better. I also do love Czech and lived in Nuremberg for a short time and that's my wife's favorite place to visit. We only did day trips and maybe next time we will make a weekend out of it. It's a little further drive now from near Frankfurt but since the weather is good we will just have to see and wait for approval from the wife :)

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
don't worry you will never receive any ticket from Italy.
Must confirm, I have been photographed at least one time last year on a roadtrip in Italy - they didn't sent me anything. It's a mess even inside the EU.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I had to agree with Johnboy7701, our roads are terrible, I used to drive my GT with eyes on the asphalt to spot every holes. I then scream out bad words to our politicians every time I got one. Damn!!
And you guys described perfectly the southern part: no rules on the road (and in many other things). We really needs a new start but it's only a dream.
Now that I'm driving on US roads, with no holes at all (even unpaved roads!!) I don't know how I can return back to Italian roads..
Moreover..people here respect the speed limits!
Sponsored