Sponsored

Limp Mode on the Track

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
FEEDBACK FROM FORD PERFORMANCE

I brought my car to my dealer on June 14th. I told them about the limp mode problem and they found several PO218 codes overheated transmission. My dealer emailed Ford and no reply as of this date. I called Ford performance on June 23rd and talked to Mike G. The first thing he told me was to replace the trans!! I asked him if a fix for limp mode was being worked on. He could not say yes only that the problem is being talked about. If we are thinking that the problem is actively being work on I think we are wrong. He also said go to an aftermarket company. I asked him if he new of one and the answer was no. I asked him for his supervisors email and he said to email him at [email protected] . Please send him an email with your concerns. If we do not wake Ford Performance up we will never see a fix for the limp mode problem.
I attended the Barrett Jackson auction in Connecticut on June 24th. Ford Performance had a huge display setup. I asked a bunch of performance guys at the display about the limp mode problem and none of them knew anything. One reply was why didn't you buy a track pack car? They then told me that Jim Owens was on site. I spent several hours and walked many miles trying to find him and never did. One guy texted him and said he would text me back when he returned to the to the Ford setup. I never got a text from him. Are they ignoring the situation? If we do not get the ball rolling I believe we will never get a fix from Ford for limp mode. We need to band together and send an email to [email protected]. Thanks

Last edited:

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I brought my car to my dealer on June 14th. I told them about the limp mode problem and they found several PO218 codes overheated transmission. My dealer emailed Ford and no reply as of this date. I called Ford performance on June 23rd and talked to Mike G. The first thing he told me was to replace the trans!! I asked him if a fix for limp mode was being worked on. He could not say yes only that the problem is being talked about. If we are thinking that the problem is actively being work on I think we are wrong. He also said go to an aftermarket company. I asked him if he new of one and the answer was no. I asked him for his supervisors email and he said to email him at [email protected] . Please send him an email with your concerns. If we do not wake Ford Performance up we will never see a fix for the limp mode problem.
I attended the Barrett Jackson auction in Connecticut on June 24th. Ford Performance had a huge display setup. I asked a bunch of performance guys at the display about the limp mode problem and none of them knew anything. One reply was why didn't you buy a track pack car? They then told me that Jim Owens was on site. I spent several hours and walked many miles trying to find him and never did. One guy texted him and said he would text me back when he returned to the to the Ford setup. I never got a text from him. Are they ignoring the situation? If we do not get the ball rolling I believe we will never get a fix from Ford for limp mode. We need to ban together and send an email to [email protected]. Thanks
I took a screen shot if your post and I for one will email the man with my concerns. Thanks for the post!

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thx for the info, i will email him once i get back from the Dominican Republic. :thumbsup:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
FWIW,when I picked up my oil catch cans from Autonation Ford in WBL, MN. He said don't expect to see the FPP coolers before Q3 and mostly likely Q4. I don't know him very well so I so don't know really how much stock to put in what he says. BUt, I figured I'd put out I heard.

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
FWIW,when I picked up my oil catch cans from Autonation Ford in WBL, MN. He said don't expect to see the FPP coolers before Q3 and mostly likely Q4. I don't know him very well so I so don't know really how much stock to put in what he says. BUt, I figured I'd put out I heard.
OT.. Hey @minn ;)

Sponsored

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
they are working on it just no dates, I have an email from them

"[FONT=&quot]One idea for transmission cooling on your car would certainly be to add a 12v electric pump and the necessary lines/air-to-air cooler, being sure to properly route the lines away from the exhaust. I don’t have a date for you when our kit will be available for sale. "[/FONT]

TRACK CRAZY GT350;13'56584 said:
I attended the Barrett Jackson auction in Connecticut on June 24th. Ford Performance had a huge display setup. I asked a bunch of performance guys at the display about the limp mode problem and none of them knew anything. One reply was why didn't you buy a track pack car? They then told me that Jim Owens was on site. I spent several hours and walked many miles trying to find him and never did. One guy texted him and said he would text me back when he returned to the to the Ford setup. I never got a text from him. Are they ignoring the situation? If we do not get the ball rolling I believe we will never get a fix from Ford for limp mode. We need to band together and send an email to [email protected]. Thanks

Okie3Fiddy

Ok Mustang Club Prez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Limp Mode Issues

I spoke with Gary Patterson (Shelby American) at Summit Point, WV and he said they are working on a fix/shield to keep the heat from the cats into the tranny. In Carlisle, I spoke with Doug White... he said they are working on an EXPENSIVE FIX and a solution.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I spoke with Gary Patterson (Shelby American) at Summit Point, WV and he said they are working on a fix/shield to keep the heat from the cats into the tranny. In Carlisle, I spoke with Doug White... he said they are working on an EXPENSIVE FIX and a solution.
heat shielding the cats does absolutely zero to help.

one of the members here tested with cats removed.

I've tested with Full length headers and high flow green cats that are in a much different location.

no difference whatsoever.

The heat is coming from the front cluster in the transmission.

Nothing but a cooler setup is going to help.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have been told that a solution is coming out soon. Its designed and ready waiting on manufacturer. Now, that being said, I'm just reporting what I have been told. Certainly this is from a reliable source. I promise as I know more I will post here. But, some of you may see it before I do

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've also been told and confirmed (two separate sources at Ford), that they are working on two different solutions for better cooling on base and tech pack GT350s. One includes a transmission and will be more expensive, and the other will probably come out later and will not have the transmission as part of it.
Sponsored