Lights behaviour in euro-spec Mustang

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Thanks. Guess i have to wait until i get the car to see what kind of size of bulb that can be fitted. Bulb type i have also found...

DRLs in fogs i must have missed. I though it would be these small ones between main light and fogs. Its actually them i would be keen to change (as well).
Sponsored

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tax here is expensive, 28% minimum plus 23% vat.
No it isn't. Here in Poland we only have 10% import duty tax (like in the rest of the UE) excise tax 18,6% for cars with engine above 2000 ccm and 23% Vat. That's it. But this is all included in dealer price which is about 42k€ for base GT, our price is similar to prices in other UE countries.
In many UE countris car owners must pay annual tax which is related with engine ccm. That's why there are not so many US cars there. Annual taxes are very high. So polish taxes are relatively low. Countries like Poland and Germany are paradise for the car owners with high ccm engine.

Cieszmy sie pĂłki moĹĽemy :)

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Does anyone know if its easy and possible to swap out the bulbs of the DRLs for LEDs?
My dealer already mentioned it, he knew that mod's are in the making and wondered if they would notice the mod at the car inspections. I said I would love to have them but will not do it myself nor want to put my lights into an oven.

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
I got today first car for tri bar installation, im curious how it will look.

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
are you using OEM tribar led and driver, or you just build your own led array?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
I got today first car for tri bar installation, im curious how it will look.
I assume your plan is to set them up as DRL's similar to US, and not as extra lights...That's what most of us are looking for...

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
How you will connect them in function is up to you. I will but cable outside and tell where to connect, drl or always on.
Starting tommorow, this week will be ready

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
but DRL connections (if you mean to our EU DRL in fog lights) is on only with all other lights off. When you switch to parking lights or headlights the ugly DRL in fog lights goes off..

stanglex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
but DRL connections (if you mean to our EU DRL in fog lights) is on only with all other lights off. When you switch to parking lights or headlights the ugly DRL in fog lights goes off..
He has just told that he will tell how to connect tribars to power if you prefer working as DRL or like in US always on. It will be up to you.

@cannigia - powodzenia, tylko nie zepsuj ;) ;)

Sponsored

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Nie da się zepsuć czegoś czego nie ma, haha.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
He has just told that he will tell how to connect tribars to power if you prefer working as DRL or like in US always on. It will be up to you.

@cannigia - powodzenia, tylko nie zepsuj ;) ;)
there is NO way to connect them to work as the US version without some electronics in the middle.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
this is what I understand until now, seeing videos and reading the italian manual:

US

EU

Mi idea is to have the exact same behaviour of the US version in my EU version.
I hope this will be possible.

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
there is NO way to connect them to work as the US version without some electronics in the middle.

There is tons of 12v places in the car that are active after key on, no electronic in the middle is needed.

From my tri bar will go out 2 cables 12v operated, so you can wire then to 2 sources. Key on for eg and drl or any light source that is started with unlock by remote.

Take info account, that drl must be off with the low when headlights are on.
I can dimm them when headlight is on also. I can switch them off if headlights are on, etc.

If that would be my car i would do that as follow:
Delete stock parking light or use it as marker light, tribar always on after key on as drl, when headlight are on, dimm tri bar. When parking, dimmed tribar.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Thanks caniggia... I was referring to get power from existing lights but you are right, we can find another 12v source that is on when car is on.
If I remember correctly, in US version too the drl dims with headlights on.
What do you mean with "when parking"? And, parking lights are not the same as marker lights?

I have another request: I want to use parking lights and turning lights (front) as in US version, i.e. both ON when parking\marker lights or headlights position is selected in light switch. I know that turning light is amber but I want to replace with a switchback led bulb like those from Diode Dynamics. I think that the front of the car looks amazing with also these lights on.
Do you think it's possible?
Sponsored