Lethal Performance GT350 Dyno Tune

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Not that 27whp peak gain with those things is bad, but was anyone else expecting more? They gained 40whp at 7900RPM, so maybe that's something to think about.
Hey I sent you a email to call me please....thanks Donson

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Unless they have a flex fuel table and setup on the car it isn't worth it.

What people don't understand is that E85 isn't always E85. It can be E60 or it could be E90. So unless you are testing fuel every time you fill the thing up you don't know if you are getting 87 octane or 93 to put it another way.

Now if it does have a fuel content sensor and you can tune it off of that and the car can see the alcohol content then ya have something.

Of course you have worse fuel mileage because it takes more fuel to run it...

Do these cars have the right injectors, pump, and lines to support that or is it going to tear the fuel system apart in a year?

I have done this with the Vette's but not Ford products so I don't know how well the cars do it. I still say it isn't worth it on a NA car at 12:1 compression...not for 15-20hp I don't see it. If it was worth 100 on a blown car...sure. If we are rocking 13.5:1 NA then yeah maybe.

either way...nice seeing progress being made I just wish there was some back to back tuning on the same fuel not "tune picks up 20RWHP....................with E85" kind of thing.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Fuel systems are alcohol safe as far as I know. If you're not comfortable running it, then definitely don't. Coyote guys run it all the time for many miles and years without issues. The tune can be set to adjust from E60-E90 or E70-E100 on its own. That's not an issue.

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Give them time. In 6 months we will have 550 rwhp and 425 rwtq as the norm with full bolt-ons and cams. It will be interesting to see what throttle bodies, intakes, and cams can do for this at high rpm in full race trim.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Fuel systems are alcohol safe as far as I know. If you're not comfortable running it, then definitely don't. Coyote guys run it all the time for many miles and years without issues. The tune can be set to adjust from E60-E90 or E70-E100 on its own. That's not an issue.

One of those things....haven't been in the computers in these cars so hard to say what it can and can't do. I know a lot of the guys with the Vette's have done this in the past on big power cars and wonder why they have issues when the fuel content changes.

Also the Vette's would eat the pick up filters on the pumps alive over time, just one of those things not familiar with these cars yet.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Unless they have a flex fuel table and setup on the car it isn't worth it.

What people don't understand is that E85 isn't always E85. It can be E60 or it could be E90. So unless you are testing fuel every time you fill the thing up you don't know if you are getting 87 octane or 93 to put it another way.

Now if it does have a fuel content sensor and you can tune it off of that and the car can see the alcohol content then ya have something.

Of course you have worse fuel mileage because it takes more fuel to run it...

Do these cars have the right injectors, pump, and lines to support that or is it going to tear the fuel system apart in a year?

I have done this with the Vette's but not Ford products so I don't know how well the cars do it. I still say it isn't worth it on a NA car at 12:1 compression...not for 15-20hp I don't see it. If it was worth 100 on a blown car...sure. If we are rocking 13.5:1 NA then yeah maybe.
I understand it's a different vehicle but my 2014 f150 5.0 runs either e85 or 87. Never a problem.

either way...nice seeing progress being made I just wish there was some back to back tuning on the same fuel not "tune picks up 20RWHP....................with E85" kind of thing.
Why does it matter? A gain is a gain. E85 is cheaper and proven. Why not buy a fuel that makes more power at a lesser cost? E85 is $2.00 compared to $10.00-$14.00 for race fuel like Sunoco 260gt or 260gt plus. I'd rather have 10-20+ hp increase and pay less for fuel. If you are going to store your car then either drain it, or put a stabilizer or run 93/94.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Give them time. In 6 months we will have 550 rwhp and 425 rwtq as the norm with full bolt-ons and cams. It will be interesting to see what throttle bodies, intakes, and cams can do for this at high rpm in full race trim.
I think cams will be a bit tough for the voodoo. They are already maxed on the lift. Maybe centerline and overlap or durations but I think the lift is about maxed out if I remember correctly from fords videos.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Changing the ramp rates may yield gains. More duration would probably help up top, but it may fall on its face in the low end from that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Cams and the installation labor is big $$$$ I wouldn't bother unless it's bringing big gains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
93 and the ECU will adjust accordingly for 91

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Why does it matter? A gain is a gain. E85 is cheaper and proven. Why not buy a fuel that makes more power at a lesser cost? E85 is $2.00 compared to $10.00-$14.00 for race fuel like Sunoco 260gt or 260gt plus. I'd rather have 10-20+ hp increase and pay less for fuel. If you are going to store your car then either drain it, or put a stabilizer or run 93/94.
Because it really isn't showing a "TUNE GAIN" it's showing a fuel gain.

Again, E85 isn't regulated like race fuel is. Personally I don't think the car needs E right now, maybe with a blower but not my personal use for this car.

E is a great thing, don't get me wrong. It has it's place....my only point is what is to be had in tuning the car not changing fuel.

My car plans on seeing road courses, car shows and the occasional trip to work. Pump for street, 100 for track.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Because it really isn't showing a "TUNE GAIN" it's showing a fuel gain.

Again, E85 isn't regulated like race fuel is. Personally I don't think the car needs E right now, maybe with a blower but not my personal use for this car.

E is a great thing, don't get me wrong. It has it's place....my only point is what is to be had in tuning the car not changing fuel.

My car plans on seeing road courses, car shows and the occasional trip to work. Pump for street, 100 for track.
I know what you mean. And I agree. I've said this in the beginning that it would benefit from higher octane fuel then the 91/93. But some have ran the 93 and a tune.
Sponsored