Sponsored

Lemon Log

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Well I guess I can't file because I can't return to stock bummer

I haven't filed yet just got the paperwork and read that about a replacement. I guess I could file and see what happens. But don't want to lose my exhaust and wheels in the process
I am going to be in the same process soon it looks like my vehicle is in the dealership and will not run. It has my set of Forgestar F14 on it and I was told if I proceed with Lemon law they will let me bring my factory PP wheels down and change them for me. I am not sure if you can ask the dealership about this, I think they are doing it because I am pretty sure they have messed the car up.

Question for you guys in the process. The vehicle is looking to go to Lemon this week question if I choose to not repurchase will the Ford GAP cover the difference in the loan amount? I have been told yes and no by two people at the dealership. I was also told they will only refund the selling cost of the car not the MSRP of the vehicle. Can anyone give a little guidance on this to help a young pup out here. I am 29 and this was my 2nd new car lol with the first being traded in on this one, and I ate a pretty good amount but after all the hassle and horrible experiences with FORD i think I want to move away from the brand. I THINK lol..... I am trying to get all my ducks in a row.

Also what info will I need from the dealership to complete the process??

Thanks big time
Sponsored

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Lemon law covers EVERYTHING your car has. Even the Forgestars, given you have your receipts in order. Lemon law requires repurchase of the SALE price of the vehicle, plus taxes and fees paid, minus your current mileage (formula is applied for mile deductions), plus extras.

I have heard in F150 truck forums that they've even paid for lift kits in trucks had have been lemoned. Throw it in there, it's not your fault the car turned out to be a piece of junk.

This all can vary by state, so check with your local lemon law or BBB rules for your urgent state.

In other news, Ford will soon make car lemonade, so many lemons out here lol.

Moonlight Q50S and loving it!

*****EDIT*****

" On that note, the manufacture has to agree to pay for these items. Depends on your case and if they accept. But the fact is they are not REQUIRED or as I mentioned before, cover EVERYTHING under the law."

Last edited:

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well here is what i filed against the dealer who sold me the car.

Body shop damaged my door while it was in their possession. Was threatened by sales person after service director asked that I speak with him.
I had multiple issues with my car.
Body panel adjustments: took the dealer 3 times to fix my panels. When the body shop fixed the door they dented the underside of it. My car has a diminished value because of what they did. They did not correct it at a body shop but had me see a guy they knew to try and fix it. I am not happy with the work and do not want my whole door repainted now.
Rear Glass: They ordered rear glass, never called me. I followed up and they found out the glass never came, reordered two additional times before I got it. When it was installed I had loose weatherstripping.
They sold me the car saying scratches would be buffed out for 6 months at no charge. I had to return three times before they completed that for me.
Their service has been terrible. The reps would not call me back, I would always have to call for the status of what was going on with my car. One of the rep's quit while I had my car with them and no one was aware of my issue. A sales person threatened to call the police on me because the service director said I should talk to him since I had so many issues. The sales rep Mitch said it was my fault for bringing issues I should have just dealt with. I have emails over months because of all the poor service on a brand new car I bought. I have even emailed the owner of the company with no response. I have three different order tickets from the dealer and many hours out of my day over months time dealing with this dealer.

Their response: The warranty work on the vehicle has all been performed to the customer's satisfaction. The remaining issue of the dent in the door was caused by another business. The dealership - at our expense - had a Paintless Dent Repair vendor attempt to repair the dent in the driver's door. The Body Shop responsible has offered to repair the damage - the customer does not want the repairs performed as it will require paint and body work. The dealership apologizes for the repeated visits necessary to correct the manufacturer's defects and apologizes for the work quality of the other business. We do not own the body shop on site. We rent the facility to a separate company known as Wilburn Auto Body. We apologize that the body work was done poorly and that you had a bad experience but that experience was with Wilburn Auto Body and not Performance Ford Lincoln

And my rebuttal: When the dealer takes possession of my car to work on things under warranty I do not choose what body shop that outsources their work. This is a dealer decision and their response saying talk to the body shop that I did not physically bring my car do is unacceptable. My brand new 40k new car was damaged when I left it with performance ford Lincoln not prior. They choose to do work with Wilburn auto body then they need to work this out with them not push it off on me because I brought my car to performance ford to have warranty work done on and have work orders leaving it with them not a body shop.

I did see an off site touch-less dent remover at the service directors recommendation. They did a decent job if I had an old car I would be happy but this is a brand new car that was dented. When i spoke to the service director saying this work was just a band aid over the problem he said we would have to do paint and body work to fix the problem. This was upsetting once again because it was a new car. The service director suggested I speak with sales about unwinding my deal since that would be the only other option and since I've had so ma y issues. I waited two days for a call from Mitch from sales. I gave up drove to the dealer Mitch met me and said right off the bat there was nothing he could do for me. I explained how the car was dented while they had it and had emails from the service director speaking to that point. He said it was my fault for choosing to have the work done and asked that I leave or he would call the cops. I have had no further communication with the dealer

Thoughts?

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Well here is what i filed against the dealer who sold me the car.

Body shop damaged my door while it was in their possession. Was threatened by sales person after service director asked that I speak with him.
I had multiple issues with my car.
Body panel adjustments: took the dealer 3 times to fix my panels. When the body shop fixed the door they dented the underside of it. My car has a diminished value because of what they did. They did not correct it at a body shop but had me see a guy they knew to try and fix it. I am not happy with the work and do not want my whole door repainted now.
Rear Glass: They ordered rear glass, never called me. I followed up and they found out the glass never came, reordered two additional times before I got it. When it was installed I had loose weatherstripping.
They sold me the car saying scratches would be buffed out for 6 months at no charge. I had to return three times before they completed that for me.
Their service has been terrible. The reps would not call me back, I would always have to call for the status of what was going on with my car. One of the rep's quit while I had my car with them and no one was aware of my issue. A sales person threatened to call the police on me because the service director said I should talk to him since I had so many issues. The sales rep Mitch said it was my fault for bringing issues I should have just dealt with. I have emails over months because of all the poor service on a brand new car I bought. I have even emailed the owner of the company with no response. I have three different order tickets from the dealer and many hours out of my day over months time dealing with this dealer.

Their response: The warranty work on the vehicle has all been performed to the customer's satisfaction. The remaining issue of the dent in the door was caused by another business. The dealership - at our expense - had a Paintless Dent Repair vendor attempt to repair the dent in the driver's door. The Body Shop responsible has offered to repair the damage - the customer does not want the repairs performed as it will require paint and body work. The dealership apologizes for the repeated visits necessary to correct the manufacturer's defects and apologizes for the work quality of the other business. We do not own the body shop on site. We rent the facility to a separate company known as Wilburn Auto Body. We apologize that the body work was done poorly and that you had a bad experience but that experience was with Wilburn Auto Body and not Performance Ford Lincoln

And my rebuttal: When the dealer takes possession of my car to work on things under warranty I do not choose what body shop that outsources their work. This is a dealer decision and their response saying talk to the body shop that I did not physically bring my car do is unacceptable. My brand new 40k new car was damaged when I left it with performance ford Lincoln not prior. They choose to do work with Wilburn auto body then they need to work this out with them not push it off on me because I brought my car to performance ford to have warranty work done on and have work orders leaving it with them not a body shop.

I did see an off site touch-less dent remover at the service directors recommendation. They did a decent job if I had an old car I would be happy but this is a brand new car that was dented. When i spoke to the service director saying this work was just a band aid over the problem he said we would have to do paint and body work to fix the problem. This was upsetting once again because it was a new car. The service director suggested I speak with sales about unwinding my deal since that would be the only other option and since I've had so ma y issues. I waited two days for a call from Mitch from sales. I gave up drove to the dealer Mitch met me and said right off the bat there was nothing he could do for me. I explained how the car was dented while they had it and had emails from the service director speaking to that point. He said it was my fault for choosing to have the work done and asked that I leave or he would call the cops. I have had no further communication with the dealer

Thoughts?
Wow, just wow.... Have you spoken to Ford directly about this?

Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I might try that...worst service experience of my life

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Got photos of the door dent fix?
It doesnt show up that well in pictures since it is a black car, but i'll try and snap another one when i get home. Its prob not worth my time perusing any further, i just wanted it know on the BBB website how awful that dealer was. Just a small dimple is noticeable now...its just the knowing that my car was dented and not my fault that really pisses me off.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ I hear ya ... always disappointing when someone else damages a new car.

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Got a question for everyone that has had Ford buy back their car, do they use the mileage of first compliant or current mileage? I'm about to take a trip back home which is around 1,200 miles round trip. I'm trying to decided which car to take. I have had the car in at 4,800 miles but they listed all my problems at "normal" on the service report. I have another appointment for the 21st of Oct. I'm now at 5,600

Sponsored
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
They use the mileage as of the date of the BBB hearing. $.28 a mile.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Welp looks like I will be trying to proceed with a repurchase before lemon law hits to see if they will even give me a good faith deal.

Question can anyone tell me how the repurchase works exactly? What are you refunded or are you refunded anything?

Also bigger question I financed thru ford with the 0% for 72 will they extend that to the new deal? My CSM all thu trying to help wasn't able yo give me any info with it.

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Welp looks like I will be trying to proceed with a repurchase before lemon law hits to see if they will even give me a good faith deal.

Question can anyone tell me how the repurchase works exactly? What are you refunded or are you refunded anything?

Also bigger question I financed thru ford with the 0% for 72 will they extend that to the new deal? My CSM all thu trying to help wasn't able yo give me any info with it.
Keep us up to date. I am very curious to this process also as I plan to do the same. I won't get another mustang however, really is a shame my wife's 08 GT was an awesome car never had a single problem. Guess I'm looking back into an F150.

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
So from soup to nuts--how long did the BBB resolution take? I filed yesterday, 10/6. They say they like to get everything taken care of in under 40 days.
Sponsored