Sponsored

Launch Control Help

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
I can't get my launch control to work and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have it engaged, clutch and throttle all the way down. It'll hold the revs but when I get off the clutch it just over revs and I go nowhere. I've done it in the Focus RS and it was as simple as side stepping the clutch so I'm not sure what I'm missing? All the videos online make it look so easy!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
It is in gear! It's gotta be how I'm getting off the clutch. Is there some trick to it? I only tried twice. First time i side-stepped like the RS and the second time I eased off, but no luck.

Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
GT350 is not a drag queen. Launch control is a recipe for wheel hop and broken axels IMHO. Best launch is vigorous roll off and stand on it.

Peter

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Is the clutch pedal coming up? Possibly the pressure plate is sticking.

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
At the track attack they have everyone use LC set at 6k rpm. Did get some wheel hop before it finally hooked up

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
At the track attack they have everyone use LC set at 6k rpm. Did get some wheel hop before it finally hooked up
I would maybe set a little lower (~ 4500 rpm) since SLC is > 4,000' elevation. I felt like the cars were a little down in power compared to closer to sea level. Plus I would want to be a little more conservative with my own car. YMMV

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I can't get my launch control to work and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have it engaged, clutch and throttle all the way down. It'll hold the revs but when I get off the clutch it just over revs and I go nowhere. I've done it in the Focus RS and it was as simple as side stepping the clutch so I'm not sure what I'm missing? All the videos online make it look so easy!
Is the traction control on?
I mean are you just spinning wheels?
The moment you let off the clutch, the throttle will go to 100%. It does not hold the rpm like before you let off the clutch.
Sponsored