Sponsored

Last Ditch Attempt to sell those MY15-17's!

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Lets face it Joe public aren't going to buy a Mustang whether it's a 15/16/17 or the new 18, they'll buy a Mondeo, only people buying Mustangs tend to be car people and that can only last so long before everyone has one or had one, i'd say most people buying 18s are those that have 15s to 17s so really we're the problem flooding the market with our cast offs.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Can’t see that happening as there are now a load more in the market place than before, and the 18’s will become used in the £30 something, so the 16-17’s are going to be in the £20 something
The balloon price is always a good guide as dealers cannot risk the value being less than the balloon. Mine is £17084 in 3 years time !

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
The balloon price is always a good guide as dealers cannot risk the value being less than the balloon. Mine is £17084 in 3 years time !

That makes me think how lucky I was to sell mine for £30k after 2 years.

It was a bargain £34k brand new.

I do wish that I could have held on to it but sadly circumstances changed and I needed the money.

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't think there is any way a 15 Mustang GT, with average mileage and condition will be at a dealer this year (3 years old) with a price tag near 17K. No way.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I don't think there is any way a 15 Mustang GT, with average mileage and condition will be at a dealer this year (3 years old) with a price tag near 17K. No way.
Agreed, I think at 3yr old and out of warranty they will swap hands around 22-25k, with the odd exceptions being around 20k as there are always odd exceptions when someone just wants rid of a car quick.

Those balloon figures are absolute worse case scenario as it is now a legal requirement on PCP that the customer should never be in a position where they owe money to give the car back, so dealerships protect themselves with worse case final payment balloons.

A handful of 2yr cars have traded hands around 25k privately, what happens past 3yr old and out of warranty will be interesting but I don't think it will be too crazy as the Mustang is generally a fairly reliable car and most parts are generally quite cheap, well as long as you don't go to Ford for your replacements. ;)

I do think that is the cars one issue and is why values have being impacted because in reality running cost are not that bad, however if you were not an enthusiast and were totally relying on Ford for repairs/servicing then some of the cost are indeed shocking. The price they want for simple stuff like brake pads is daylight robbery, particular when you can get them for less than a quarter of the price direct from US.

To be honest all the de-valuing of the car is completely Ford's fault, flooding the market with stock, not keeping it to a strictly fulfilment basis, dealership parts pricing can be off putting to the none car enthusiast.

Problem 15-17's are going to have is used 18's as if Ford flood the dealers with them then used they will be in the mid 30's which won't be any good for 15-17 values.

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I agree, although with the 18's being substantially more to buy new, I think mid 30's for an 18 car is a fair bit away yet.

Autotrader puts my car @£30k, with 5.0's starting @£28k. I would guess anyone who's interested in buying a pony car knows there's a facelifted model out (as do the dealers) so I can't see a 15-17 car value suddenly falling off a cliff in the next few months, unless Ford dealers do something very stupid :D

It's not as if your buying a bog standard Ford Focus, and in overall terms I can see the Mustang doing better than most cars in terms of depreciation.

I'll wager that out of the last few cars I've bought, it's the one that loses the least % value over 3 years, and that includes the RS60 Boxster I had which I (stupidly) assumed would (relatively) hold it's value and I basically bent over when I traded it in :(

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
Finally got a deal done GT , manual, Grabber blue with black roof. Should have it for the beginning of April.

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Nice one, I like grabber blue. So this flooding issue with MY17s. Anything to do with Ford USA improving their numbers so they can say it’s the most popular sports car in Europe? Dumping them on their dealers who then have to pay for them in 60 days or so even if they can’t sell them? I suspect the dealers will sell them around cost at some stage so they don’t have to pay penalty to Ford UK with MY18 out and MY19 about to start ? Interesting few months ahead

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
The dealer I got mine from in Inverness has sold 4 Mustangs in the last three week including mine. There’s deals to be had out there.

Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
If you just want a manual gearbox then you might as well get a '17.

If you are in the market for an auto box then holding out for the '18 would be the thing to do, unless it's a bit too expensive.
Why not get an Auto ‘17 if that’s all you want in terms of extras? (6 speed Auto is more than sufficient with the V8)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Why not get an Auto ‘17 if that’s all you want in terms of extras? (6 speed Auto is more than sufficient with the V8)
He's making the point that A10 on the 18 not A6 on the 17.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
If you just want a manual gearbox then you might as well get a '17.

If you are in the market for an auto box then holding out for the '18 would be the thing to do, unless it's a bit too expensive.
The manual gearbox in the 18 is a vast improvement over the 17, along with the new clutch, making a very smooth gear change :thumbsup:
Sponsored