Sponsored

Language setting question

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hey Mustang owners!!

During my test drive yesterday I noticed to my enormous disappointment that all the menus and systems were in Swedish... :(:brokenheart:

Trust me, Swedish is just too nerdy and stick-up-yer-arse to ever be good at saying things like 'Track Apps' or 'Track only'. I am desperate to find information on whether it's possible to default this language back to English.

Call me mental but I'd like my American car to speak some gosh darned American... :frusty::mad::rant:
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
from the manual:

The options include: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch,
Swedish, Polish, Turkish and Russian. Only four of these languages are available for voice input and output, depending on your location.
in voice input I think english is always present :)

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not too bothered with the voice input as I don't expect to be using it a lot, but I sure would like to know I can change the written language in the menus on the center display in the dashboard - so there's a setting for that?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
yes, it's a separate setting and you can found in the center display. It has only 4 choices: for me those are english, french, german and italian.

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Brilliant. Thanks for a quick answer!! :)

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Mine was set to dutch when I picked up the car and was the first thing I changed. Don't remember if I changed it in MFT or the menu though. Also not sure if I need to talk in english now though for the voice input... I used it twice so far and think it's kinda useless. First time I used it was to call mam and it called my friend Mark instead who lives in Vegas now!:ford:

Reactions: R3v

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I used it twice so far and think it's kinda useless. First time I used it was to call mam and it called my friend Mark instead who lives in Vegas now!:ford:
Heheh yeah I know what you mean. My Audi always start calling the police when I try to voice dial a certain collegue. And when I tell my navigation to zoom it changes over to radio. I have given up on it as well.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
First time I used it was to call mam and it called my friend Mark instead who lives in Vegas now!:ford:
LOL :lol:

I can sympathise as even people south of Gateshead tend to have a problem with the Scottish twang too... ;)

Last edited:

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I never use the voice activation thingy in any of our cars. Much quicker to just press the button instead ;)

The english voice in the Mustang (at least mine) is a UK voice (to get that nice clean english instead of the american-down-your-throat-speech) happens to be very clear and the same as in my wifes Volvo. Terrible in pronouncing non-english names though :lol:

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
My Alfa still speaks Italian. I could change it I'm sure, but at least it's authentic.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Also if you press the phone/dial button on the steering wheel it just starts to call a number, no idea what number but it does... anyone tried it?

Heheh yeah I know what you mean. My Audi always start calling the police when I try to voice dial a certain collegue. And when I tell my navigation to zoom it changes over to radio. I have given up on it as well.
Police, good evening what can we do for you?

Uhm nothing, it's just me Ericc B again trying to use my cars voice control...

Oh you again, well goodnight then!:D

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I never use the voice activation thingy in any of our cars. Much quicker to just press the button instead ;)

The english voice in the Mustang (at least mine) is a UK voice (to get that nice clean english instead of the american-down-your-throat-speech) happens to be very clear and the same as in my wifes Volvo. Terrible in pronouncing non-english names though :lol:
I tried today to call a number and not only it works very good, but it's much quicker than search through the menu while I'm driving :)

Haven't tried english but italian is pretty good. Some translations are funny but at least it works. Sure some commands are too much work and it's easier to just touch a button - like the climatization section - but for phone and navigation I think it's useful.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
I tried today to call a number and not only it works very good, but it's much quicker than search through the menu while I'm driving :)

Haven't tried english but italian is pretty good. Some translations are funny but at least it works. Sure some commands are too much work and it's easier to just touch a button - like the climatization section - but for phone and navigation I think it's useful.

I will have to try. In my A6 it never seems to understand my commands :D

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I played through Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light in Russian. Authenticity matters :D

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Just for fun I tried all four languages today, English UK is the best out of the four. Didn't like the dutch right from the start and French & German is not my thing as don't understand most of it.
Sponsored