Sponsored

Kooks Custom Headers and Exhaust

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
They were also trying a few different combinations of things on the dyno according to Joe. They're making sure that it's done right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Currently the marketing guys at Kooks are putting together a Press Release (PR). This has to be sent to the media first. There are several media outlets that are also patiently waiting for the word to release the numbers. I was told late this afternoon that I would have a dyno sheet to post. This will show baseline stock, Kooks headers and x-pipe, then a complete Kooks exhaust system.

Last edited:

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
Currently the marketing guys at Kooks are putting together a Press Release (PR). This has to be sent to the media first. There are several media outlets that are also patiently waiting for the word to release the numbers. I was told late this afternoon that I would have a dyno sheet to post. This will show baseline stock, Kooks headers and h-pipe, then a complete Kooks exhaust system.
Awesome! So, the mid-pipe used in the video posted that said "Kooks headers, mid-pipe and stock mufflers" is indeed an H-pipe instead of an X-pipe?

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Awesome! So, the mid-pipe used in the video posted that said "Kooks headers, mid-pipe and stock mufflers" is indeed an H-pipe instead of an X-pipe?
Brain Fart... It is an X-Pipe. I'm not sure how I managed to type that. LOL

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Bone Stock the car made 466.72 HP / 390.19 TQ
With Kooks Headers, Catted X-Pipe and OEM Mufflers it made 481.86 HP / 406.66 TQ
With Full Kooks Exhaust it made 491.02 HP / 410.01 TQ

There have been no other mods made to the car. The tune is still bone stock. I am very impressed with the gains and I know the car will pick up more from just a tune. I hope to get it tuned next week before the 1/2 mile race in Ocala, FL. I'll post the graph soon.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Did they have any issues with NVH?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Full kooks exhaust meaning the mufflers also? So your saying the kooks mufflers gained 10 hp over stock?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Bone Stock the car made 466.72 HP / 390.19 TQ
With Kooks Headers, Catted X-Pipe and OEM Mufflers it made 481.86 HP / 406.66 TQ
With Full Kooks Exhaust it made 491.02 HP / 410.01 TQ

There have been no other mods made to the car. The tune is still bone stock. I am very impressed with the gains and I know the car will pick up more from just a tune. I hope to get it tuned next week before the 1/2 mile race in Ocala, FL. I'll post the graph soon.

Nice numbers without tune. I would have thought it would run like crap with no tune.

I thought they had the NGauge on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I wonder if a tune will pick up more than the usual 10-15whp. Depends on how much the exhaust flow has changed with the new routing I guess.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Did they have any issues with NVH?
I know that the vibration issues were looked at very seriously. At this point the car is still at their facility. There was talk of adding brackets to Kooks headers that would accept the factory dampening pucks, but I do not know if those were used or not. I do know that there were at least two sections of flex pipe added to the system to keep these vibrations from going through the entire exhaust. There were also extra bracing attached to the rear section to keep the mufflers from moving around.

Full kooks exhaust meaning the mufflers also? So your saying the kooks mufflers gained 10 hp over stock?
Full Exhaust would include Kooks mufflers. I found it hard to believe too, but you can clearly see the Kooks headers keeping maying steam above 6K RPM. It just goes to show the volume of air being forced through the mufflers. If I have time before Ocala, I will verify the gains on the dyno down here.

Nice numbers without tune. I would have thought it would run like crap with no tune.

I thought they had the NGauge on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be tuning with the nGauge when we tune the car. I suspect just a tune would make great gains too. I'll be adding my JLT CAI the same time we tune the car.

I wonder if a tune will pick up more than the usual 10-12whp. Depends on how much the exhaust flow has changed with the new routing I guess.
I suspect it will make more than 10-12. :shrug:

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Catless would probably gain 5-10 more too if anyone wanted to go that route. I'm very impressed, but I knew Kooks would do it right.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Wow and henessey says they got over 500ft lbs with a tune, headers and pennzoil. The extra 100 ft lbs must be from the oil. Lol.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
dont the valves open up on their own at WOT?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)