Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
So ill stir the pot here. Anyone notice that on the official dynograph here the initial pull was done with the IAT at 75 deg, and the run with the kooks headers was done at 59 deg. :ninja:
Yeah. And it was said in a controlled environment. Which it was, but the dyno test for the exhaust was done on the same dyno so the test is accurate as can be. Gotta remember it's weeks apart from baseline to header test. Kooks and r/y did a accurate dyno test. My 3 baseline dyno numbers were different from each other also and all 3 were pulled within 10 minutes of each other.
Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I think it got colder in NC over that month, and SAE should correct for the temp & humidity differences. The SAE correction was pretty close (1.02 v 0.99)...

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Yes... Its been on three different dyno's and has numbers all over the board. I'm going to take it back to stock w/Kook's exhaust and redo the tests (JLT & Tune) to get an accurate baseline. We found a broken nipple on the factory air inlet tube when I swapped to the JLT. This would have caused the baseline we performed at MV to not be valid. All of these new tests will be preformed on the same dyno on the same day to get good back to back numbers that will make sense.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yes... Its been on three different dyno's and has numbers all over the board. I'm going to take it back to stock w/Kook's exhaust and redo the tests (JLT & Tune) to get an accurate baseline. We found a broken nipple on the factory air inlet tube when I swapped to the JLT. This would have caused the baseline we performed at MV to not be valid. All of these new tests will be preformed on the same dyno on the same day to get good back to back numbers that will make sense.
Sorry you had to deal with that.

Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Thanks for sharing your experience with this.

Inspiring.

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Did MV do the tuning? I wasn't clear on how that all went. Did VMP tune it, or was it just making a pull on their dyno?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
The new video released has much better quality audio, but I do wonder what the actual street price will be? I get that there is R&D cost, but these aren't made out of some super light weight materials and for a 25hp bump that's a lot of coin.

Need more audio to decide

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The new video released has much better quality audio, but I do wonder what the actual street price will be? I get that there is R&D cost, but these aren't made out of some super light weight materials and for a 25hp bump that's a lot of coin.

NA HP is always expensive, it seems.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT

I'd say you'll be able to find them pretty readily for at least 15% off MSRP. Maybe more if you catch a good sale.

25whp was before the tune too. After tuning is still inconclusive. I'm thankful that Joe is considering going back for another pre-tune baseline. That's a notable bit of trouble to go through just to satisfy some curiosity. I'm crossing my fingers for another peak 25whp+ after the tune, but time will tell.

I'd love to see the dynos from some other cars at the wannagofast dyno from that day just so I can get an idea of what 485whp/410wtq means on that dyno.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
NA HP is always expensive, it seems.

Sadly, that's usually the case. I also feel that this motor is probably pushing the limits of pump gas as it is, so there may just not be that much left in it on a 93 octane setup.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

True,

But this kind of power is actually EASIER on the engine.

Headers are a pain to develop and to produce.

Always going to cost.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
True,

But this kind of power is actually EASIER on the engine.

Headers are a pain to develop and to produce.

Always going to cost.
Yeah I get it believe me. I am very experienced in the cost of mods, but without this being some really nice weight savings...I'm just paying for sound. It may be worth it but I need to hear more.

I've been the first guy to market before and I'm a little more patient now.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yeah I get it believe me. I am very experienced in the cost of mods, but without this being some really nice weight savings...I'm just paying for sound. It may be worth it but I need to hear more.

I've been the first guy to market before and I'm a little more patient now.
If check back once he's got a tune going and stable dyno numbers.

These cars don't know what to do with the extra breathing room without it being programmed in.

Add just a CAI plus s tune for it plus the headers and it's a noticeable bump.

Not just sound.

I'm actually surprised by the numbers all along the curve just from adding headers with no tune or anything else.

But I gotcha. It's a lot of coin. Esp when it seemed I could buy a $100 pulley and slap a tune in a factory supercharged mustangs and be making radical eye popping numbers.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Well in all fairness, $100 on top of $6000 on top $4000 on top of....it's not the spend on this, it's what I'm spending it on

the reality is I'm sure I'll do this, but I want to see a few more data points. It's not like I have to open up a lot breathing room like I would for a KB sitting on top

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
[MENTION=13014]ITLRUN[/MENTION] do you have more videos? Drive by vids etc? That last clip in the video sounds awesome just want to hear more of that. Im sure video doesn't do it justice.
Sponsored