Sponsored

Koni is here!

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Thanks for the info. :)

Well, judging by their long and storied history, participation in the top echelons of motorsports, and all the rave reviews that their shock/strut package is getting on this thread, I'd say these will work quite nicely for my suspension setup paired with some Eibach Pro Kits. My car gets delivered next week, so I'll try and secure a set in the coming months.
Koni's website shows 20% off front and back kits which include eibach springs.
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
considering using these with BMR SP089/SP082 minimum drop and performance springs

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Better than the FRPP track handling dampers? Outside of adjustability, how good is the match?

Thanks.
Would like to know this too. I don't track the car so if the FRPP track are good enough then I wouldn't need to worry about settings, etc.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Would like to know this too. I don't track the car so if the FRPP track are good enough then I wouldn't need to worry about settings, etc.
This is very subjective. The key here is adjustability, something that FPRP does not offer.

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Koni shock's and struts have been one of the best over the years. I am waiting to see if they come out with a non adjustable set like they have before.

Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I just got home from driving 4 hours to Steeda Pompano on my stock PP struts/shocks, and then 4 hours home on these Konis.

All I can say is it's worth the wait for those who have ordered, WOW. :eyebulge::headbang:

Middle settings for now, very noticeable how much more firm and less bouncy the car is.

Fingers crossed I'll have an open track day in 2 weeks and can report back on different settings.

HUGE thanks to [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] for getting me a great deal and the hospitality as always at their shop. Always so many badass cars there, GT500 being dyno tuned among them.

There's also a few other folks in this thread and others who have provided instructions and install tips and that honestly helped out greatly. Thanks for that I need to go back through and find the specific posts.

#TeamKoni
As always good seeing you man! Car is looking phenomenal and I'm glad to hear the ride quality is on point! :cheers:

Anyone know if the koni set can support a drop of over 2", say from a set of Steeda extreme lowering springs, without blowing out?
Should pair nicely with it!

For those who are waiting for their orders to be fulfilled from us, we received some news that we will be receiving ours by next week, then time to ship :)

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Woot so possibly I will only run one event for the season on the old stuff

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Can't wait to hear how they perform on a track. I am on stand-by at MSR's Driver's Edge June 11-12. Hopefully I get in and if so, I will try to provide some feedback. This will be my first real track event, so I will do my best to get good information for everyone.

Sponsored

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
We have been beating on these with our SP083 Handling Springs.

OH MY. What a combo. ;)

Also a heads up, those with aftermarket halfshafts (FRPP in our case) the boot to shock clearance is about minimal to nothing. Keep an eye on it.
Would you be able to put them on a shock dyno? I seem to rememeber you dynoing another set of dampers. Maybe I am wrong?

Anyways, I'd love to see the change through the range of adjustment.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Tirerack must be getting a shipment in soon because they are starting to send out charges to people that ordered. We should see a lot more reviews of these soon with steeda getting their shipment in soon too.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Tirerack must be getting a shipment in soon because they are starting to send out charges to people that ordered. We should see a lot more reviews of these soon with steeda getting their shipment in soon too.
I received mine from TireRack weeks ago, I just haven't got around to installing them yet.
Sponsored