Sponsored

Koni is here!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Any more reviews from people that have them ?

And does anybody have an estimate when those are going to show up ? I have them on order from Strano.
Sponsored

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I just ordered some as well.. Have a feeling this could be a longggggggg wait. Seems like only a handful of people actually have them so far

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Whoever gets them to me first wins. Tirerack or steeda are going to get the money. Originally placed with tirerack but they keep saying delay after delay so we will see.

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
They have been on preorder for close to 5 months now, so there may be a backlog of orders. As i do not have the original PP springs installed (currently running Vogtland 1" drop), I cannot attest to the solution to the bouncyness, however, the car seems to be more planted overall. The ride at mid setting is a bit "bumpier" however that is to be expected. Also, acceleration and braking dive is more controlled and roll during turning seems to be stiffened up a bit.

I will be playing around with the settings over the next month and commenting as I go. I like to get at least a week on each setting to get a good feel for the differences.

This is my daily driver, so I should be able to get a good number of miles, both city and highway, on each setting.

Sponsored

jdub.csu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I will be autox with these once they get here. I was hoping they would arrive before my first even but that looks hopeless

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I will be autox with these once they get here. I was hoping they would arrive before my first even but that looks hopeless
The good thing for the autox, the adjustment does make a huge difference. They go from being about like the stock PP dampers to pretty firm. I think the stock PP dampers were way too soft. These Konis can go from that to some harsh bumps. It'll be nice to be able to adjust for normal street driving and then change it just for the event. One thing though is you have to jack the chassis up off the tires to reach over the rear tire to adjust the rear shocks unlike in the S197 where you could adjust right in the trunk.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
My rear set came in from Steeda on Friday. Waiting on the fronts.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
They have been on preorder for close to 5 months now, so there may be a backlog of orders. As i do not have the original PP springs installed (currently running Vogtland 1" drop), I cannot attest to the solution to the bouncyness, however, the car seems to be more planted overall. The ride at mid setting is a bit "bumpier" however that is to be expected. Also, acceleration and braking dive is more controlled and roll during turning seems to be stiffened up a bit.

I will be playing around with the settings over the next month and commenting as I go. I like to get at least a week on each setting to get a good feel for the differences.

This is my daily driver, so I should be able to get a good number of miles, both city and highway, on each setting.
Are your springs linear, I assume? Do you happen to know their rates?

What # have you used on the Konis for their adjustments so far? The less firm settings, I assume?

Thanks for the feedback, too:thumbsup:
The good thing for the autox, the adjustment does make a huge difference. They go from being about like the stock PP dampers to pretty firm. I think the stock PP dampers were way too soft. These Konis can go from that to some harsh bumps. It'll be nice to be able to adjust for normal street driving and then change it just for the event. One thing though is you have to jack the chassis up off the tires to reach over the rear tire to adjust the rear shocks unlike in the S197 where you could adjust right in the trunk.
What are you thinking for normal street driving? 2-4? I want to set my to a bit firmer as I like that type of feeling in my car. I would assume, 5-7 would be good for me.

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My Vogtlands are progressive and are slightly less stiff than the Eibach pro-kit springs.

The Koni do not have clicks to my knowledge and are just "infinitely" adjustable.

I am now running full stiff backed out a quarter turn and I REALLY like how they feel. This is my daily driver and it is still comfortable and handles bumps quite well.

Overall, the full stiff - 1/4 turn makes the car feel like it is glued to the road.

Also, there is pretty close to zero body roll in any direction. This feels pretty cool, but I will probably play around with the settings to give it a little roll for some weight transfer for cornering, acceleration, and braking.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My Vogtlands are progressive and are slightly less stiff than the Eibach pro-kit springs.

The Koni do not have clicks to my knowledge and are just "infinitely" adjustable.

I am now running full stiff backed out a quarter turn and I REALLY like how they feel. This is my daily driver and it is still comfortable and handles bumps quite well.

Overall, the full stiff - 1/4 turn makes the car feel like it is glued to the road.

Also, there is pretty close to zero body roll in any direction. This feels pretty cool, but I will probably play around with the settings to give it a little roll for some weight transfer for cornering, acceleration, and braking.
Thanks for all the info!! Truly appreciate it. Hope my set ships soon from Steeda. I think I am next in line.

Need 4 Steed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I forgot to address adjustment. I adjusted mine yesterday in about 10 minutes for all 4 corners. Fronts, just pop the hood and you are good, and for the rears, get yourself a floor jack, slide it under lift it up(just a fer pumps is enough as it doesn't need to be off the ground, just enough to get over the rear tire) and you are good there also.

The process is not difficult or time consuming.

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Nice I was assuming the rears would take longer to adjust but that sounds like it could be done in a few minutes

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
AutoAnything cancelled my order on me with the usual "backorder" excuse. Ohwell.

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping to get mine on this weekend possibly.
Sponsored