OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I hate when I don't get notifications, sorry for the late response guys.

I want to put some Sparco Evo IIs in my GT. Any plans to delete the backseat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I probably will eventually, waiting on a clean looking rear seat delete.

Wow, glad I found this thread. I'm in the middle of installing 2 Sparco Evo II US seats, same as yours, and would love a few tips.

1. Did you drill straight through the floor to bolt the seats in or did you find another way to bolt the seats in?
2. What did you do about the stock seat belts and the Supplemental Restraint System? Any tricks to overcome here. I'd like to remove all the stock stuff and just go 4 point, but don't want airbag warning lights and chimes.
I'll have to check with the shop that did the install for me. They put in the cage so I figured I just have them do everything else since it would all be apart. The factory seat belts are still intact. I do have the airbag warning light, it keeps my check engine light company lol.

These are the parts I needed to install the seats.
Sparco flat seat sliders part # SPA-00493
Sparco 600 series seat base for 2015+ Mustang left and right
Sparco Side mount #SPA-004902

Looks SICK! I'm guessing/hoping that this car is a track toy that you aren't making payments on? (Am I the only one that is thinking this?)

If I had the means, I would love to have a dedicated track car, but I have to DD mine (and make payments..)

Out of curiosity, why did you change out the recaros? They are fairly strong on the side bolstering.

Color me jealous!
I loved how comfortable the Recaros were but there were 2 issues. Most importantly they sat too high (I'm 6'4"), with my helmet on i'm basically pushed up against the ceiling. My knees are also up higher than the steering column, makes heel toeing near impossible. Putting in the sparcos lowered me about an inch or two, and I get another inch with the seat cushions removed.

2nd reason was that there was no way to run a 6 point harness without modifying the Recaros.
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'll have to check with the shop that did the install for me. They put in the cage so I figured I just have them do everything else since it would all be apart. The factory seat belts are still intact. I do have the airbag warning light, it keeps my check engine light company lol.

These are the parts I needed to install the seats.
Sparco flat seat sliders part # SPA-00493
Sparco 600 series seat base for 2015+ Mustang left and right
Sparco Side mount #SPA-004902
Thanks, but no need to ask them. Those parts will give you bolt in to original mounting points.

I'll let you know if I figure out how to disable the airbag light

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thanks, but no need to ask them. Those parts will give you bolt in to original mounting points.

I'll let you know if I figure out how to disable the airbag light
That would be great, with my old evo x I had to take it into the dealer to reset the light.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That would be great, with my old evo x I had to take it into the dealer to reset the light.

Looking through the service manual it does look like the dealer can toggle the light on or off as part of diagnostic testing.

Also going over the wiring diagrams to see how I can remove the stock seats and belts but trick the safety system into thinking they are still there. Give me a few weekends to figure out if I can jumper some of the pins to simulate belts buckled.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Man this car is legit, mate! Everything just works.

Very well done! :cheers:

Any more videos now that its progressing a little more?

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Man this car is legit, mate! Everything just works.

Very well done! :cheers:

Any more videos now that its progressing a little more?
Thanks! I haven't gone in a while, with the holidays and everything. Next event I have my eye set on is Jan 17 - 18 depending on weather.

Sponsored

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks! I haven't gone in a while, with the holidays and everything. Next event I have my eye set on is Jan 17 - 18 depending on weather.
I have a feeling, especially considering every day it's allegedly supposed to rain, that we'll have a track day that will be free of rain in January/February. Should be interesting to say the least with everyone slipping around.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I had JRZ's on an STi swapped Forester and they were amazing. Track performance was top notch but they were actually very comfy daily driving (for coils). I cant wait to hear your thoughts on them with your s550. Amazing build, thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have a feeling, especially considering every day it's allegedly supposed to rain, that we'll have a track day that will be free of rain in January/February. Should be interesting to say the least with everyone slipping around.
Haha good to see you on here J!