Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
well I figured i'd join the club and make one of these while I'm sitting here doing nothing. It'll be a good trip down memory lane for me as well.

I have had the car for a year and 4 months now. Done fair amount so far.

This list might be in order or close :shrug:

Jan 2015:
FRPP Sport
Eibach Pro Kit

March 2015:

Dipped the emblems

April 2015:
15% Tint

July 2015:
Velgen VMB5 20x9 & 20x10.5 Satin Black
Mickey Thompson Street Comps 255/35/20(two weeks later switching to 275 up front) & 305 in the rear.
CJPP 50th Anniversary Knob
50 year Covercraft Sunshade

September 2015:
Corsa Extreme and sold FRPP Sport
Black OEM Extractors

October 2015:
Black Roush Spoiler
dd sequencers

November 2015:
Steeda Intake
Steeda 93 Tune
4th brake light
Redline Hood Struts

Jan 2016:
RTR Splitter (my favorite mod ever)
Unpainted Roush Fascia blem off ebay (came warped-sent back)

April 2016:
CO Painted Roush Fascia - FINALLY after much debate between dressing up oem vs roush vs steeda

May 2016:
Trufiber Cowl Hood (got it off a resale - as of 5/6 currently in paint shop getting repainted :frusty: because paint didn't match and it's a personal pet peeve)

Future:
ARH headers
Whipple (hah prob never)
Lund or Pro Dyno Tune
BMR and Steeda suspension stuff
Coilovers or Koni's

PIC WARNING! it's a bunch

now for pics... this will be fun to watch for me. I will start at the beginning.

I drove 8 and half hrs each way to Koons Ford in Baltimore. They spanked local dealers by $5k and still doing it. This car was 1 of 2 in jan 2015. It was an ever living nightmare to find. Two week internet search. Mind blown over price. PP, nav, 401a, enh security, premier trim

8 and half hrs later

frpp and prokit..god i hate those tips now after having corsa. my opinion.

velgens

the next day. installed. first pics

hated 255s on front. not thick enough for me.

bye bye PP wheels. I hated cleaning you.

PP wheels off to oklahoma...for the record only cost me $130 to ship all 4 from SC to okla

you should buy one. worth the money

275s on up front. MUCH better.

last shot before roush spoiler

dat co reflection tho.

roush install during the flood in october in SC.

1st time out of garage after flood of the Roush and first pic of rear with corsa on

orange is the new black with [MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION]

my age long quad debate...crappy photoshop.

pic of black extractors

wrap don't wrap? still haven't wrapped. i'll never make up my mind.

the one point in time i wanted steeda fascia until I found out about the molded in lip

4th brake light and sequencers

Steeda Intake and Tune

RTR time! bye bye! NO QUADS

1st RTR pic! Love the fact I didn't go quads!

warped and broke roush fascia. sent back 2 days later. roush paid for it

Pretty RTR Shot

Roush won the debate vs steeda afterall. F the fog light connectors and the fender bolt

Next Morning! People break their necks even more with the fascia. It was bad enough getting starred at with CO but roush it's hilarious, truthfully.

Lightroom play with the roush

Day before cowl:

5/1 cowl hood

annnnnnnnnd back to stock hood. cowl is getting repainted to match better. it was too clemson orange vs CO's redish orange.

as of 5/6/16 that's what it looks like....

my install videos- really wish I had my new camera when I did these but owell...

RTR

[ame]

MMD V-series on [MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION]'s car

[ame]

corsa vid that sold a bunch of exhausts for a really crappy spur of the moment video but the echo captures the sound really well.

my car looks so different when I watch this

[ame]

that's all for now. thanks for looking.

should have the cowl probably early next week back on.

update: 5/12/16
pics! I can't believe how it turned out with not blending the fenders. it's about 98% match. you can only tell at one certain angle so far and you have to bust your ass to find it and it's BARELY any different but matches 100% with the roush. It's unfreakingbelievable what these guys were able to do with matching it with the cut off valance piece I gave them.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

here is the quick video I shot. was spur of the moment to shoot it right fast... wish I had my other camera with a gimble with me [ame]

underside of the hood

Sponsored

Last edited:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Car looks great! I vote no wrapped roof.

Your corsa vid helped make up my mind, I've watched it too many times :cheers:

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Car looks great! I vote no wrapped roof.

Your corsa vid helped make up my mind, I've watched it too many times :cheers:
yeah I go back and forth with the room. there are days I want to do it and days I love that I haven't done it.

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
yeah I go back and forth with the room. there are days I want to do it and days I love that I haven't done it.
Your car makes me get the CO. I am still debating between silver, white or gray.

I vote for the wrapped roof.

Sexy car

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I love your car!! It is perfectly executed!!

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Damn Landon!

Looks fantastic bud.

Almost makes me miss my 15!

Almost.....:)

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
thanks yall!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
about time you have a build thread.. also i totally missed you getting the hood..... not sure how i feel about it other than immediate "love"

also, now it's dying for a roof wrap.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Nice man! Glad to see a build thread from you now :D. I also like the hood wrap. Looks good IMHO. I didn't know you had gotten a new hood either, haha.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yall late to the party! it just kinda happened last weekend when it came up resale. impulse buy followed by disappointment because the color was off and some minor imperfections in it, followed by yanking it off because I couldn't even sleep sunday night because the color difference was just driving me nuts (personal pet peeve), then shops not wanting to even try to paint match it better unless I let the paint half the F'ing car. then my good friend's cousin who owns a classic restoration shop offered to try for reasonable amount of money.

feeling confident. should hopefully get it back mon or tues. I told them no rush though. They are working on getting it in better shape too. We think the initial paint job that the other guy had one was just a spray and and had little prep work. so they are smoothing it out more, getting fisheyes out, and using my valance piece that was cut off to match the hood better.

my hope is it will match just as good as the roush fascia. I just don't want to blend fenders then my oem hood not match...and certainly didn't want to repaint my brand new roush.

so there goes header money for now... maybe mustang week will have some big header sales or I should do the smart thing and just never get headers lol.

here was the thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52642

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
yall late to the party! it just kinda happened last weekend when it came up resale. impulse buy followed by disappointment because the color was off and some minor imperfections in it, followed by yanking it off because I couldn't even sleep sunday night because the color difference was just driving me nuts (personal pet peeve), then shops not wanting to even try to paint match it better unless I let the paint half the F'ing car. then my good friend's cousin who owns a classic restoration shop offered to try for reasonable amount of money.

feeling confident. should hopefully get it back mon or tues. I told them no rush though. They are working on getting it in better shape too. We think the initial paint job that the other guy had one was just a spray and and had little prep work. so they are smoothing it out more, getting fisheyes out, and using my valance piece that was cut off to match the hood better.

my hope is it will match just as good as the roush fascia. I just don't want to blend fenders then my oem hood not match...and certainly didn't want to repaint my brand new roush.

so there goes header money for now... maybe mustang week will have some big header sales or I should do the smart thing and just never get headers lol.

here was the thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52642
Lmao I feel your pain man. Reminds me of my recent situation where I took my wheels to get touched up, then powdercoated (didn't turn out well), and then again to another shop. The good thing is you can still drive around with the OEM hood for now, lol.

I'm with you too on the headers, lol.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
i think there is something said about UV exposure and colors "settling"

remember how we were all like "hey this Roush nose doesn't match" on my car? Well I'll be damned, after 6 weeks of it being on the car and getting regular UV exposure, i can't hardly tell any difference anymore.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yeah I have to look extremely hard to see it the difference at 1 particular angle. either way whatever roush does to get it to match is pretty damn good.
Sponsored