Sponsored

Just put my order in for the 2016 GT350

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Hi all, first post on the forum.

I currently have a 2013 SBY Boss 302, a 2014 Limited F150 and my bride drives a 2015 Explorer Sport - big Ford fans. Here is a link to my wheelwell page - https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/54e638daaef4b87359e8691e/garage/

I have just ordered a 2016 GT350, Avalanche Gray, black stripes and the black roof. I am stoked, was 99% sure that I wanted the MagneRide - but decided to stay bone stock. The value at stock msrp was just too much to miss. I did agree to pay a $5k ADM. Never imagined I would pay ADM for a big production car, paid $2500 below sticker on the Boss from the same dealer - though this was their last allocation and they said the least they took was $15k ADM. They got 4 GT350's and 1 GT350R. I live in the Bay Area, CA so rather than buying in AZ or some other state - I'll buy from my local dealer and will get to control the entire process. They have agreed in writing not to take off any plastic/stickers, not to wash it and not to put a front license plate on it - anything else I should make sure to do? Look forward to seeing how that Flat Plane Crank feels at redline!!!
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Welcome. Nice choice! I hope you are going to drive it and not leave it as delivered.

Put on your flak jacket. Some folks here will crucify you for paying an adm. I say go for it if you wanna. If you can afford it and wanna be the first on the block, don't sweat the jealous folks. Lol

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Welcome to the forum!

FYI though, there is already a sticky thread devoted to this topic. Lets please not create new threads for everyone that gets an order placed.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Congrats but you just threw $5k down the drain. Basically the price of a package.

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Welcome to the forum!

FYI though, there is already a sticky thread devoted to this topic. Lets please not create new threads for everyone that gets an order placed.
Sorry about that! Feel free to delete. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Congrats but you just threw $5k down the drain. Basically the price of a package.
Totally a reasonable point, I want an early build - want to be one of the first around here with one - I don't mind throwing my dealer some love at $5k.

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
What's the total price on that if you don't mind sharing?

OP
OP

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Totally a reasonable point, I want an early build - want to be one of the first around here with one - I don't mind throwing my dealer some love at $5k.
Congratulations on purchasing a great car along with a great color combination.

If you bought your Boss at $2500 below MSRP then you had a head start on purchasing this car and really only paid an extra $2500 over MSRP between the two cars!

I am not an advocate of paying over MSRP for a vehicle but I certainly know the sacrifices that many of us and our families have made over many years of work and I don't need anyone to tell me how to spend my money especially if it is a vehicle that I really have a strong passion for such as the Mustang.

:thumbsup:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I'll buy from my local dealer and will get to control the entire process. They have agreed in writing not to take off any plastic/stickers, not to wash it and not to put a front license plate on it - anything else I should make sure to do?
My dealer also agreed to call me when the delivery truck is on the way and that none of the techs would drive it off the lot for PDI or gas unless I'm present.

Several years ago, I arrived at a different dealer to pick up a brand-new, limited production car and it had 140 miles on the odometer. One of the techs told me, "It really screams at the redline!" They'd had the car for three days, and several people had hammered on it, bending a few valves. He refunded my deposit, plus interest.

I've also had yet another dealer install a tape striping package (Everybody loves it!") without my knowledge before delivery, cutting through the paint into bare metal to trim the ends of the tape. I refused delivery, and a couple of months later it was still sitting on the lot, with rust bubbles forming at the ends of the tape runs. Strange, but this guy is no longer in business.

Yes, I'm paranoid - and every one of my delivery conditions is in writing.

Sponsored

healntoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 GT350 Convertible
Hi all, first post on the forum.

I currently have a 2013 SBY Boss 302, a 2014 Limited F150 and my bride drives a 2015 Explorer Sport - big Ford fans. Here is a link to my wheelwell page - https://www.wheelwell.com/profile/54e638daaef4b87359e8691e/garage/

I have just ordered a 2016 GT350, Avalanche Gray, black stripes and the black roof. I am stoked, was 99% sure that I wanted the MagneRide - but decided to stay bone stock. The value at stock msrp was just too much to miss. I did agree to pay a $5k ADM. Never imagined I would pay ADM for a big production car, paid $2500 below sticker on the Boss from the same dealer - though this was their last allocation and they said the least they took was $15k ADM. They got 4 GT350's and 1 GT350R. I live in the Bay Area, CA so rather than buying in AZ or some other state - I'll buy from my local dealer and will get to control the entire process. They have agreed in writing not to take off any plastic/stickers, not to wash it and not to put a front license plate on it - anything else I should make sure to do? Look forward to seeing how that Flat Plane Crank feels at redline!!!
CONGRATULATIONS bretlasalle! Just a quick note to say that it's refreshing to hear someone state clearly their rationale for paying am ADM -- you knew that its a premium to get an early build, end of story! I paid MSRP in the Atlanta area for a Magnetic/blue stripes with tech package and doing so in the South is certainly a much easier task than attempting it in CA from all that I've read on this site. Enjoy the ride...this is going to be one exciting car to own!

Belobog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Viper, 2012 Boss 302
Extra cost the dealers add to cars with lots of hype when they are first released. It's driven by people without self control.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Extra cost the dealers add to cars with lots of hype when they are first released. It's driven by people without self control.

Or by people with more money than you and want one before you.

Jealousy over those willing and able to pay ADM is unbecoming.

Never paid adm, never will but i support someone's right to (and the dealerships right to charge it and you're right to walk away). Free market system.

Belobog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Viper, 2012 Boss 302
Or by people with more money than you and want one before you.

Jealousy over those willing and able to pay ADM is unbecoming.
Quite the assumption you have there.
Sponsored